1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT3 content is Awesome

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Zeraxx, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm sure there are a few issues with the game still (the exaggerated bounce I.e.), but I've been using RST to analyze the GT3 content, and I have to say Reiza did an awesome job!!!

I'll most likely be doing a full analysis/writeup of each car from a data perspective in the next few days.

What is your favorite new car? Mine has to be the new Porsche, well done Reiza!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. F2020

F2020 Member

That AMG is splendid! looking forward to finishing work and putting the Oculus on for an evening of fun!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zeraxx

I'll have to do some driving/analysis on the AMG, that AMG has so much anti-dive to it! Looks and sounds amazing!

4. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

Yeah... :confused:
    A car with this kind of load fluctuation should be impossible to be driven IRL so yes, it's quite awesome.

At least wait for the fix before analyzing anything.

5. Zeraxx

Posting a picture with no Y scale, or Signal Labels/Units is pretty usless. Also how are you measuring load, Are you sure your MR or IRs are correct? How are you accounting for the spring rate in the tire and its deflection? What Sample Rate are you using?

A lot of the things you guys "disagree" with can be explained pretty easily with how you guys are measuring things. Like I said I'm sure there are still issues, but all in all they did a good job.

6. Avoletta1977

Look at the wheel speed while braking (no ABS)...
    (green wheel speed, yellow longitudinal acc, white lateral acc).

7. Zeraxx

What wheel speed is that? Is that the inside or outside tire? Looking at the data it looks like its in the inside tire (for the area of interest) (comparing to lat accel) as the wheel speed oscillations are only visible in one direction of turn (again Looking at Lat accel) . This would make sense if you have a high lateral stiffness (inside tire picking up). The RG on the Porsche 911 is 0.4 with the stock setup which is pretty stiff.
    upload_2020-11-2_10-23-50.png

Additionally, what is the track surface like? I've never once seen someone talking about wheel speeds to discuss CPV, If you look at the damper histograms your gonna see a VERY similar response to what I would suspect IRL.
    upload_2020-11-2_10-20-24.png

You can see some undamped oscillations in the highspeed rebound region which I bet is where the helper springs issue that Reiza posted on twitter about is coming into play.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Avoletta1977

The first braking action is in straight line (Curitiba) so you can choose if the wheel speed is the front left or right. :D
    Not to spoil so much, but on default setup the diff on the Porsche R is basically open... and it won't close a bit until... (answer on the next episode).
    In GT3 the only possible setup should be preload so awesome also here...

Nice graphs BTW.

9. Zeraxx

The white arc is your lateral accel right? does it not dip down slightly for that braking zone? If you have any lateral accel you have load transfer, which means your inside tire is more likely to lock up.

upload_2020-11-2_10-38-34.png

The diff is a non issue here since the diff is only on the driven wheels and you said these wheel speeds are front left or front right, but yeah the diff on the defualt prosche has extremely low locking, the preload is really low AND i think it only uses what 2 clutches?

10. Avoletta1977

Ok, "almost" straight line... :)
    The dip is probably something like 0.15g...

11. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Active Member AMS2 Club Member

12. Zeraxx

Yeah, they are definitely over-sprung for some reason or the other, which I commented in my original post, saw this golden nugget in the data[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1