1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. GJDriessen

GJDriessen Member

Thanks. I am going to try a 0 setting for LFB as well. 75 gain seems low to me though.

2. X-Vector

X-Vector New Member

I'm using a Thrustmaster TMX Pro and since the new update the "hole in the middle" is completely gone, even with LFB set to 0.
    Seems Reiza have taken a different approach to AMS 1, where I've settled for an LFB of 60.
    I do notice that steering force is significantly increased now, so a gain of 75 on a G920 doesn't seem all that strange (I'm currently using 80 gain but I might set it lower to get the forces in line with my other sims, it feels rather heavy in comparison ATM).
    No clue yet what to use for FX and damper though, if any.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Karlo Spicyweiner

Karlo Spicyweiner New Member

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet: I feel like the kerbs don't work anymore. They don't push you back on the track at all, there is some rear suspension feel missing too. Try slow-speed turns in the F3 car, the feeling of the car rotating is missing completely. I tried several different settings. G29. Something is really off, at least for me

Anyone else having this kind of experience?

4. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

I turned DRI to 0 last night on a CSW 2.5 with the following settings in-game and it feels great.
    Gain 65
    Low Force 0
    FX 30
    Damping 20
    Per car settings would really help dial in each car with regards to gain but for now 65 seems a reasonable compromise to live with.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure if this is what you're talking about, but:

Reiza is investigating a potential bug where some cars (primarily the vintage cars) have opposite FFB response on the curbs due to those cars being set up with an inverted suspension geometry. The behavior is that with those cars, instead of the FFB feeling like the wheel is being pushed off the curb, it's being pulled towards it, as if the car is driving into a small ditch/groove instead of over a bump.

A good way to test this is to drive the Lotus 23 at Adelaide Historic 1988 and let one of the front wheels slightly touch a curb.

6. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We all want to enjoy AMS2 to the best of our equipment's abilities. However, there is still no official baseline FFB recommendation for different manufacturers' wheel settings, in-game damping, etc. I hope that Reiza issue some documentation soon.

This would reduce the number of queries and complaints at a stroke, thus lessening the burden on Reiza's very busy team. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Scraper

@Roar McRipHelmet I confirm the Lotus 23's behaviour on the high kerbs at Adelaide 88 is different from what might be expected.

1. On a right-hand-side sloping kerb, the steering wheel is drawn right. If the car reaches the flat top of that kerb (some of Adelaide's are rounded, others are not), the wheel is drawn left.

2. However, in the same situation, the steering of the Ultima Race (maybe the best-feeling car in the sim right now), is initially drawn left, as might be expected.

3. Further, the braking feel of the Ultima Race comes through clearly, with noticeable juddering on the wheel. This feels much more communicative than in many of AMS2's cars. I wonder if there is a bug somewhere?

(I'll add this to the appropriate forum.)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  8. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I like the new FFB with my good old G27 (90 gain, 70 LFB, 40 FX, 0 damping).
    Only problem is that I would like to feel tyres locking / scrubbing when smashing the brake in karts.
    Here I feel nothing no matter how I set the FX...

9. Scraper

@Mike1304 That is what puzzles me about the Ultima Race. The braking feel comes clearly through my DFGT, but I struggle to notice anything with some other AMS2 cars.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Karlo Spicyweiner

i believe the F3 has this problem as well. could you add that to your post there? thanks

11. psone

psone Guest

don't know how realistic it is, but the Ultima is a lot of fun to drive at the moment.

On a different note, in the UI, the telemetry graph that appears at the bottom left, can someone point me in the direction of a description of the what each of the channels represent?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Scraper

Both the F301 & F309's kerb reactions at Adelaide 88 seem OK to me. Good braking feel, too.

13. Scraper

This seems to explain it.

Telemetry Hud question

• Like Like x 1
  14. psone

psone Guest

Thank you Scraper.

• Like Like x 1
  15. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

Ok, where is the tyre scrub in the new default FFB?
    Cannot feel the tyres with my DD1. Tried FX = 0 and FX = 50, but no feedback of the GT3 tyres under braking. Cannot feel if wheels lock, lose grip, and so on. They just feel dead.
    Any advices?

16. Karlo Spicyweiner

Could it be track-related? It definitely felt completely wrong and entirely different from what it used to be like

17. Scraper

@Karlo Spicyweiner Sorry, I've no idea. Apart from that quick test today, I haven't driven the F3s recently..

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Using 65/0/30/15/Dri off at the moment. V8 at Bathurst was too heavy an clipping lots with 70 gain. Might use 60, but not sure with other cars. Need to test. 60 was too low.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  19. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

In lieu of further, updated FFB guidance from Reiza, I found Marc Collins' advice (a few posts back) to be helpful in setting up my G25:

1) Slide all FFB values to 0 and then adjust Gain until the overall weighting is satisfactory (about 75-90 for G25/G27/G920 owners in recent posts. Driving the Ultima GTR at Brands Hatch, I settled on a Gain of 80 for my Logitech G25. At least with this car at this track, I could have stopped here and been entirely satisfied with the quality of FFB provided.

I then drove the BMW E30 M3 at Brands Hatch. Great FFB at the same 80 gain, but steering felt a little weak and washed out at Druids. More so with the 69/70 Formula Vintage II V8, so I moved on to step 2....

2) Adjust LFB, while leaving FX at 0. With Gain still at 80, I increased LFB to 10-25, settling on 10. At this point, my G25 generates disbelief-suspending forces, so I am leaving Fx (and Damper) at 0 until further testing. I retested the earlier cars with the added LFB and remain satisfied.

Wheel: Logitech G25
    FFB Settings: 80/10/0/0

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Karlo Spicyweiner

why the zero FX?