1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What have you done!!!!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by RWB Charger, Nov 1, 2020.

1. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh Dear,

Well where do I start, GT3's........they are just awesome.

So I haven't been on for a while and jumped on for the new update, had a fiddle with the new wheel settings jumped in a Porsche and I was instantly smiling, just one of the best GT3 ffb I have ever felt on my Accuforce, I then jumped in the Merc and wow, haven't got any further ;-)

Looking forward to trying more cars.

If this is the way it's going Reiza then I need to buy you all a beer, bravo, keep it up ;-)

ACC take note,

• Like Like x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. RWB Charger

What do you disagree with @Goffik, curious?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. RWB Charger

Do you want your time in the spotlight Jose? Just disagree to disagree, very constructive my man.

4. RWB FxUK

RWB FxUK Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know how people can disagree with it being the best you have felt on your wheel, when they can't try your wheel as its currently setup, don't know your settings and don't know your preference but.. LOL

All I can say is, having tried the GT3's and the new FFB setup, clearly it wasn't 100% perfect, but I couldn't stop myself from doing lap after lap the other night. Something about it just clicked, I could feel the nuances of the car and track, close to RF2 which I personally love the FFB in. A huge step in the right direction and I can't wait for more!

I also like marmite.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

I just don't agree that the new GT3's are awesome, I'm afraid. The problem with "pop-content" like this is that it's far more open to comparison with the 3/4/5 other sims that feature the same cars. Personally, I don't think the AMS 2 versions compare that well. Nor do I like the new FFB. Improvement sure, but still not as good as other sims or the custom profile I've been using for months.

But each to their own. We all have our own ideas and preferences of what's good and what's not.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

double post.

7. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Deleted.
    enlightened

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. rd.king

rd.king Member

Awesome
    that it arrived
    that it's free content
    that there is more than one car in the series
    other than that
    ACC sets the bar pretty high.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. RWB Charger

Well from my POV they are some of the best and I have 1000's of hours in all the other sims, not perfect no but damn good.

10. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Which is great, and I'm happy for you. But in my 1000s of hours in various sims, they don't meet my own idea of what constitutes and "awesome" car. For me, they've been done before and done better elsewhere.

11. RWB Charger

Where are they done better?

12. RWB FxUK

RWB FxUK Member AMS2 Club Member

Rather subjective.. Some aspects, they are better in one sim, others in another sim. I don't think any has the best of the best in terms of overall package and that includes ACC, RF2, AMS2, PC2, R3E etc (not tried Iracing).

Personally I tend to not care so much about some aspects where they may be done better elsewhere, I mean its nice, but lower priority than some other things.
    i.e audio in ACC is without question, the leader.. but FFB wise, ACC falls down flat on its face for me, with almost every other sim providing me more info and better overall feeling, my own opinion of course. AMS2 is rising up the ranks in that department, rather rapidly since the last patch.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

I love the new GT3 cars as well, even if I think the ACC ones feel more accurate overall. Ignoring the bouncy Porsches for now, which should be fixed soon, the AMG and the Mclaren GT3 cars could do with a stiffer suspension and the Porsche GT3 has a bit too much grip.

Even then, these cars still feel amazing to drive, with better FFB than what I get from ACC on my T300. They just need a bit of fine-tunning, but I'm still very surprised by how good they are already considering it's Reiza's first official attempt at GT3 cars, which other sims have been doing and perfecting over several years already.

ACC cars were not nearly as good on launch as they are now, Raceroom GT3 cars used to be glued to the road and dull until a year ago or so and even the first GT3s launched by S397 for rFactor 2 felt quite rushed and unfinished... so, all things considered, this isn't a bad start at all for Reiza.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree with David, it just takes time to develop these things, one thing thats important is to keep an open mind and don't be quick to make judgements without data.

Personally I love AMS2 GT3 like Charger, I think Reiza did a fantastic job, Reiza did mention the helper spring issue, and you can actually observe it in the data, but the other games are not perfect (as most would believe either) for example, ACC GT3 cars feel good, but they have a HUGE issue with being too downforce dominated, way more then I have seen any data for IRL for a GT car, If they were simulated GTLM (GTE) I would say fair enough, but in ACC they way you setup the GT3 cars are more akin to an LMP car then a GT3. However no one hardly mentions it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. RWB Charger

Well I'm judging it purely on how my Accuforce responds to the sim as I said in the first post, that is subjective to others with different wheels but mine feels alive in AMS2 and feels dull in ACC, PC2 was even duller, RRE feels good but not as good and RF2 I haven't played for a while so will compare.

If people read the first post then I was commenting on my wheel feel not necessarily physics just how I felt connected to the car.

16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

One way or another (Default or Custom FFB profile), the FFB in AMS2 is really good and far more versatile in terms of suiting various preferences / hardware than most titles.

I prefer rF2's FFB over ACC's but, both titles have their strength's. ACC's audio is really great but, lacks some things that RaceRoom has. Too bad all Sim's aren't modular & compatible in nature, so we could mix & match all our favorite bits together. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Im finding the AMS2 GT3s to be quite well done.

The need for absolute precision left me feeling disconnected from ACC.

Karsten’s Silver Custom FFB for PC2 pulled me away from ACC. I could push and experiment with more confidence.

AMS2 has even more of that.

However, there is more you can do with setups in PC2. Smoothing rough edges. Making small adjustments can make or break a setup. There are setup cliffs that are noticeable.

With AMS2, the setups seem pliable and forgiving. Accessible. Outside of track times, i cant really tell if setup changes are working sometimes. However, its the feel that has my attention right now. The cars feel great and I can feel the physics and feel comfortable adapting my style to the car to a degree that I never had with ACC or PC2.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. RWB Charger

I have been thinking a bit more about this, I think that it's the feeling sort of out the box.

For instance with PC2 I think I have something like 1300 odd hours in it and a LOT of that time was spent messing with FFB to get it right per car than actually tuning and driving, it was frustrating as hell.

ACC for the first 12 months to me regardless of what I did wasn't fit for purpose, when it was the FFB didn't take long but it has never quite got there and I still feel a bit disconnected, same as Raceroom that took me a while to dial the FFB in but once I did I started enjoying it.

AMS2 just seems to gel with my wheel and has just got better and better an I feel connected to the cars.

Being a backer and around from day one you can see the work that has gone into it with the constant updates and fixes and how it is organically growing.

I can see why people may have bought it post beta and expected a finished game but I know how Reiza work with support and constant updates, not like PC2 where you were stuck with a broken game for 6-8 weeks while they did a major patch, I understand this was due to console sign offs and they wouldn't release the PC patches until those were ready fair enough but AMS2 doesn't have these constraints.

I have seen comments about not releasing broken stuff but how do you know it's broken until you get feedback, if it is broken it is fixed very quickly, I prefer that as the community is part of fixing it and honing it, the fixes and updates have been constant.

Of course you will never please all the people all of the time but for me the GT3 in particular surprised me how well they feel in the V1 state and they can only get better, so let's not judge it yet, let's support and help it get better as some of the negative stuff I have read online really doesn't help because people don't understand how it is evolving when they have just bought it on Steam and think it's crap.

I think of it still as Beta but I will play it, ACC on the other hand I couldn't play as it was just broken full stop but they have now made something great and I am hoping AMS2 ends up in that state at the end of the first 12 months and I have a bit of faith.

It's also unfair to compare AMS2 to sims like RF2, RRE, I Racing and to some extent ACC as they have been around from 2 years to 12, compare those with AMS1 and I think AMS1 can hold it's own so lets assume AMS2 will end up the same.

Simple answer is if you want a finished game don't buy AMS2 yet, if you want to be part of getting it there then buy it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2