1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.5.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.0.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Gunthar Rowe

Gunthar Rowe New Member

Hi mate,

I have the CSL Elite 1.1 with V3 Performance Kit pedals. What are the in-game settings and Fanatec settings you use? I have been stuck getting a good feel, esp with the brake.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Regarding Brake: Full preload, no BPK, loadcell pressure adjusted to decent pressure (i don't use the BrF, i set it by feel). Maybe playing with the setup brake pressure and bias gives you better brake feel.

Regarding FFB:
    With the new FFB update not well refined yet here 56 gain, 52 FX and 1 LFB, 0 ingame damping. Had no time to further test, because i had to send my wheel back for RMA, but FFB felt good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Mike Ruby

Mike Ruby Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have also noticed it, also although it is not as serious as before, they still push you out when you are outside and the AI is inside a curve

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Regarding brake feel: how do you get a good feel for brakes almost locking up?

I remember back in 2010 or so when I did iRacing for a couple months. The way they used tire noise back then (I haven't tried it since) was very useful and helped me with the cheap pedals I had.

Project Cars 2 was never good for me. It felt like the tires spun and then suddenly locked up with no warning.

In AMS2, I'm not entirely sure how I feel the brakes, but I don't seem to have issues. I can brake very late and modulate them with my CSP v3s. However that might be, because we didn't have a feel for flat spots before this update. I got a few flat spots immediately after going for a few laps in the V8 Supercar. So maybe I tend to lock up momentarily and notice that from the sound or FFB (I'm not sure where I notice it best). But that's not good in a long race since my tires will look and feel like hex bolts :D.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Any plans to get rid of these terribly bouncing cars? On the bumpy historic tracks I almost get seasick after some laps. Especially the open wheelers jump like crazy.:whistle:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

As above, the BMW M6 is confirmed to be added 'soon' (days/weeks, not months)

The Tweet Mike's referring to was this one:

So I guess there are a couple of brands they're still in licensing discussion with for some long-term additions. I'd be very surprised if Ferrari was one of them, but who knows?

If we're talking GT4, I believe a BMW and Mercedes are licensed for some time in future, mentioned here: Automobilista 2 July 2020 Development Update

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

i dont usually drive GT3 cars , i do love Porsche Cup car though but after 1 lap around Mount Panarama in the GT3R hitting 6th down Conrod i must say this car sounds freaking amazing!!
    Hopefully @SRH Modding and @Domagoj Lovric can work together and do all the car sounds up to this cars level or awesomeness !!
    Great job guys , this car is a real winner , drives beautifully with a few set up tweaks ! But man that sound!!!

• Agree Agree x 9
  8. rafaelplacce

rafaelplacce Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I had this problem after the last win10 update.
    Unistalled the fanatec drivers and installed it again and problem solved

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

To fully feel the wheel lock, set the FX to zero. I assure you, this is a rediscovery for me. It's day and night.
    The FX parameter adds a ton of fake effect and makes the feeling of braking and wheel lock completely disappear.
    Ditto, too much LFB and Damping greatly reduces the feeling of braking.
    Especially test the FX to Zero.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Am i the only one who sees some fps juddering (especially) in Nurburgring’s turn 1?

11. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

FX doesn't add anything fake or made-up.
    It's intended to transfer over vibrations normally felt thru chassis and as a result wheel rim.
    But only way to present them on wheel rim is moving wheel left right.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the exact same wheel and the exact opposite experience. My tips (as per the devs in posts lost amid long, pointless rants in these very forums):
    • Delete your "My Documents\Automobilista 2" folder. Setup your game again from scratch;
    • In-game FFB set by taste. Mine are Gain 70, FX 50, Low Force Boost 0, Menu Spring 20, edit: Damping 0. Important note here is that FX is mandatory to feel surface texture, lock-ups, flat spots, and other effects;
    • Use "Default" FFB. Do not use modded FFP files;

Mate, I love the work y'all did with the FFB but there is a lot of misinformation around this subject and it shows in many comments we read in the forums. People simply don't know what the settings are, what they do and how each wheel should be best setup to get the most out of the game.

The thing is, as Renato said, a lot of good discussion is missed in the middle of so many comments (some good comments, some rants, etc). I know you said you were working on a forum post about the subject to clear the waters a bit, but please consider also using the in-game text tip boxes in the settings menu. Put a comprehensive description there to remove ambiguity around this major topic for good measure. You could also put in the text a link to an area in the game's website dedicated to this subject (maybe with the same content of the forum post or/and even a link to said post). This would go a looong way to mitigate misinformation.

Thanks for the hard work!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 7
  13. Jean-Yves Mercy

Hello Domagoj, thanks for clarifying for me. And sorry for the false information.
    So it's normal that by cutting the FX I feel the braking better.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm curious as to why wheel vibration under braking is more pronounced in the (fantastic) Ultima Race than in most other cars. Is it a by-product of the car's physics?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jean-Yves Mercy

I'm sorry, but you just have to test to see. I don't know what goes through the FX parameter, but I can tell you that without the FX you also feel very well the locking of the wheels, the bumps in the track, etc ...

Test SprintCar/ Adelaide

• Like Like x 1
  16. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

DOM
    By the way.

If I use the game running in window mode can it interfere with the FFB?
    I already tried to play using overlay in other games like ACC and iRacing but I felt a delay that interferes in drivability.

Using AMS2 in window mode and using a transmission overlay does not seem to cause any delay, but I am in doubt if that COULD lower the quality of ffb.

Does it ?

17. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

I'm always in windowed mode, no problems.

• Informative Informative x 3
  18. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

But best system performance is Fullscreen.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In the developer logs Renato wrote "the first batch of GT3 cars", so it is reasonable to understand that there will be a subsequent batch? No detailed info were given on this subsequent batch.

20. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

May I suggest the creation of a post by the administrators where nobody can add comments on the recommended FFB settings (with a few words of explanation of what each slider controls) from Reiza always on top of page 1 of the forum? This will already clear the waters as to what is recommended and whatnot. And people who don't want to listen arguments, assumptions and opinions can go there and find the starting point for their fiddling with FFB to suit their taste. Just saying.. :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1