1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does one get the TC/ABS to work?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by MasterLooser, Nov 1, 2020.

1. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

o_O in the early days of ams2 everyone complained that the brakes are way to senstive and constantly lock up, this was fixed by reducing the brakepower across all cars.

anyhow if u are going fast in a car with alot of downforce it will be pretty hard to lockup the tires due to all the pressure on the tires from the car. i have no problems locking the tires up if i set the brake pressure high enough even when going rather quickly but i dont drive any formula cars, so dont know how they behave, the stockcar's and the super v8 are def. capable of locking up at near max speed without a problem

2. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That is how F1 brakes work. As long as the downforce is there, you can stomp on the brakes and they will stop you like you just hit a wall. Once the downforce goes away at slower speeds, the brakes will lock as you would expect. So then you need to come off the brakes gradually before hitting the apex.

Also, many cars come with default brake pressure set to 90%. If you are having trouble getting the brakes to lock with no ABS, try bumping it up to 100%.

• Like Like x 2
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Yes this is how the brakes in F1 and high downforce works in racing games.
    No this is not how the brakes in F1 and high downforce works in RL.
    In RL it IS possible to stop/block the wheels even if you are driving 200km/h in a straight line.
    Not instantly ofcourse because the wheels has some inertia of their own.
    But you can see it if something (accident) happens in front of cars and the drivers does panically flooring the brakes.
    They almost instantly get car lockups and flatspots.
    The wheels dont wait until the speed is below 100km/H until the white smoke from the tires shows lockups - as in most racing games.:D

ByTheWay: I allways use 100% brake pressure.:whistle:

4. azaris

Kimi appears to have no problem flooring the brakes at 327 km/h:

5. MasterLooser

the brake indicator there always shows 100% probably to not give other teams information about how much brakes are applied, but u will always see 100% there, if thats what u are refering to

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. BrunoB

Thank you - you saved my argument.:D
    Because if he was really flooring the brake then following my argument the tires would have been locking up.
    But they dont.
    But watching the event closely its pretty obvious that he decides rather early to NOT try to brake fully down for the chicane/corner - and instead use the shortcut.
    So this video shows nothing in relation floring the brake in F1.:)

1.jpg

7. BrunoB

ByTheWay: Its very easy to prove me wrong or right by taking one of the two formula cars out I mentioned and then try to block the brakes at a speed above 200km/H. Its impossible.:rolleyes:

8. MasterLooser

i am pretty sure thats cuz the brakes are to weak instead of there being some hidden abs tho.
    ontop if we go by how a court works, then u have to prove that its possible and not us proving that its not possible, so feel free to share a clip where they lock up at full speed, without external factors such as steering or other things that will decrease the grip effectivness

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. azaris

All the modern Formula cars in AMS2 will lock brakes if you put the brake pressure up to 100% - Formula Classics, V12, V10, Reiza, and Ultimate. How quickly they lock will depend on how much downforce you have. The Classic gen1/gen2 lock immediately if you stomp the brake at 200+ km/h, while the Reiza/Ultimate only once you get below 100 km/h. To me they behave as expected.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. BrunoB

Hahaha. Its difficult to stop laughing.
    My point is exactly that its not possible to lock up the brakes in AMS2 on downforce cars at higher speed.
    So its a bit difficult to prove that it is:rolleyes:
    And I consider it a good thing that you obviously are not a lawyer :p
    "Immediately"!
    Have you tried - or are you just assuming?:)
    "the Reiza/Ultimate only once you get below 100 km/h".
    And if your expectations is that this is realistic then hehe I dont really know what to say.
    So out there in the real world such cars cannot lock up the brakes at speeds higher than 100 km/h?
    Come on:D

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. MasterLooser

ur point is its possible in real life, and i asked for a clip of that

12. azaris

Yes I tried each and every one of them.

13. moefinley

moefinley New Member

Wheel locking is a combination of tyre grip (this of course increases with downforce), braking force and momentum (e.g. weight of the car in motion). A big truck on a cold track with big brakes will do lots of locking up.

The aim with any race car is to setup the brakes so that you can apply as much braking force as possible without locking up. The clip of Kimi with his brakes at 100% looks accurate. I don't think they are trying to hide the truth for competetive reasons. It was just a light F1 car with good brakes but also great tyre grip.

But if you put the same F1 car, with the same setup on a cold track and use harder tyres then you will lock up.

I can make every car in AMS2 lock up\not lock up just by changing the situation. So what are you guys debating?!

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Don’t hold your breathe. Hot air, every thread. Its annoying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Eduardo Mennocchi

Eduardo Mennocchi Racecar driver wannabe AMS2 Club Member

Is there a way to increase/decrease TC & ABS in GT3/GT4 cars without accessing the In-Car Management? It's annoying to go through an entire menu while racing to increase TC from 2 to 3, for instance.

16. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Unfortunately, no. I really hope that all functions will be map-able to buttons soon as trying to use the ICM is pretty much ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1