1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck at 60fps

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Ron Watmore, Oct 27, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Ron Watmore

Ron Watmore New Member

Anybody else having trouble with the frame rate in AMS2. I cannot get over 60 for some reason. Was running 120-130 for months. I did not change anything. I have a 144hertz monitor. I do have the RivaTuner limiter set at 140. But it was working a few days ago with all the same settings.

2. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Ron Watmore can I ask the type of cable you are using to connect to your monitor. Display Port or HDMI?

3. Ron Watmore

Ron Watmore New Member

Display port, I completely uninstalled, reinstalled. Still only 60fps

4. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is the game reporting seeing a higher refresh rate option available. If not likely graphics driver issue of some kind. I am running 120hz no issue.
    upload_2020-10-28_13-36-24.png

5. Ron Watmore

Ron Watmore New Member

Mine is set at1920x1080 144hrtz which is the highest available. All other games running at 130fps so did not think it was a graphics card issue

6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

My guess is that your problem is either caused by your RivaTuner limiter or because Vertical Sync is suddenly enabled.
    Because if the fps is exactly 60 then these 2 "limiters" sounds like the usual suspects .:cool:

7. Ron Watmore

Ron Watmore New Member

I agree, but I disabled Riza, both nvidia and in game sync are off. It is bizarre. Sunday was working fine, Monday locked at 60. Was working fine with Riva on Sunday. I played Race Room this morning 130fps. Not sure what else to do.

8. BrunoB

But is it exactly 60fps?
    Or does it goes slightly above or under?
    Because if it is exactly 60 then it has to be some kind of "artificial" limiting o_O

9. Ron Watmore

Ron Watmore New Member

Yes is exactly 60 nothing higher. I believe the same as you. I am home and going to look some more just not sure where to go with this

10. Ron Watmore

Ron Watmore New Member

OK BrunoB, Just fixed it. Or it fixed itself. When all else fails re boot again. My third re boot and this time it hesitated and said waiting for windows. 140fps. Thanks for responding and helping out. I appreciate it. Not sure what happened! Still pretty new at this.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BrunoB

Glad to hear it was solved - one way or another :D
    But such things that "solves themselves" is allways a bit dissatisfying.
    Because you never know what was the cause - and therefore cannot learn anything from it:mad:

12. Ron Watmore

Ron Watmore New Member

I guess its not fixed!!
    Now my fps splits in half about 50% (49-56fps)of the time. If I log in after a few hours then it goes back up to 140fps. Tried restarts, no re-shade, no riva tuner, reinstall gpu driver. It just fixes itself whenever???

I did fix my problem I think. I had super sampling on. Once I changed that and went back to MSAA instead of SMAA Post Proc. For some reason SMAA post proc worked for awhile. Very confusing. I am pretty new at this stuff however.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  13. BrunoB

I normally use MSAA high and SS off inside game but SS tranparancy ON in driver and furthermore Enhance game settings in driver too.
    When I tested SS on in game it was obvious that both the tarmac quality and the blinking/shimmering of trees and grandstands was worse compared to my original setting.
    Hehe so no SS inside game for me :p