1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Porsche suspension still broken?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by BartZ, Nov 3, 2020.

1. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There's been a small patch released yesterday which claims to have fixed Porsche suspension. To me the Porsches still feel extremely bouncy. GT3 and GT4 bounce quite a bit. Carrera Cup cars are like driving a water bed. They're undrivable. Or is it just me?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Make sure to reset setup to default first.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

They've always been at default but I'll do the reset anyway. Hopefully this helps. Thank you

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 2ndLastJedi

Hope it helps. I've not tested the latest beta but did find them rather bouncy before but the hotfix supposedly addressed that at least somewhat.

5. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For the Porsche Cup cars, resetting to default setup and softening the front anti-roll bar will make the car bounce less.

6. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Yeah I tried that last night and it certainly helps, thanks for the tip.
    With that said there's still something not right with it, hopefully it will be fixed as development continues.

7. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Haha. Was doing one of the Carrera cups at Interlagos yesterday. Did reset the setup, softened, but it was bouncy bouncy. Such a bouncy-boy. But it was drive-able, tho. But every time I went uphill it was bouncy-time! :p:D

8. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Opinions (not facts):
    • I think the GT3 is spot on (just too slow against the Merc and Macca).
    • The Cup cars are bouncy but they're less bouncy than the Boxers in AMS1 which everyone raved about. I softened the front ARB to 10nM as per Roar's post above and I think it's actually quite a fun drive now.
    • The GT4 Cayman is still a fair bit too bouncy for my liking but at least it now keeps 4 wheels on track most of the time. Given that the devs are happy with it and we can't play with ARB, does anyone know what other settings we can play with to calm it down?

• Like Like x 2
  9. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

My personal experience is that this mandatory advice to reset to default setups and then reinput the same settings as before gives purely a placebo "solution".
    I have sometimes done this after an update just to check this advice out and voila the car does behave exactly as before and my laptimes is exactly (or close to) as before.
    So... :whistle:

ByTheWay: Its a scientific proven fact that placebo works.:cool:

• Like Like x 3
  10. 2ndLastJedi

Ive done some laps in the GT3R and either im crap or some people are expecting something different to me because i think the GT3R drive really nicely and man does it sound great just to complement it !

• Like Like x 1
  11. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

the idea of reseting ur setup is that it might be corrupted due to the suspension changes from a previous build.
    it might aswell not be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 2ndLastJedi

Maybe but also if physics or suspension has been changed and you have a setup saved it may not work as expected anymore so a reset isnt going to hurt any but using a setup for what is now basically a different car may hurt !

13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

Let’s hope Reiza realize their is something different with the Porsche, but it is not the only one, many other cars in AMS2 have a tendency to bounce.

upload_2020-11-3_14-44-47.jpeg

The body of real cars and cars in other sim move but they do not bounce.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jens E.

Jens E. Member

did a test drive in the Porsche Cup 4.0 on Oulton Park yesterday.
    still bumpy front (yes the track itself is bumpy i know... (seein in the British GT on YT).
    but you also get a FFB feedback that push (hard) to one side even when driving a straight line.

15. 250swb

250swb Active Member

I read about the bouncy GT3 Porsche's and my first experience of them was at the current Silverstone GP circuit. Bounce, what bounce? If the car was bouncing it was overshadowed by the whine of the engine on my senses. Maybe it's because the circuit is very flat, maybe 'bounce' is exaggerated on bumpy circuits because the weight distribution is rear biased? For the record I didn't delete any files before the patch, and other than calibrate my wheel and pedals didn't change from default FFB settings, and didn't change anything in car setup.

16. Jens E.

Jens E. Member

when you sit in the cockpitcam you can see how the front of the car go up and down like crazy.
    like if your wheel is not a perfect circle ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The default springs for the porsche are too stiff as well as the min spring settings.

As a comparison, min spring in PC2 for the Porsche GT3 is 90/140 N/mm F/R respectively. In AMS2 the min is 232/242 N/mm.

Soften the springs and stiffen the front and rear fast dampers.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Yes but, do it better than Pcars2 does (forcing us to improve our setup skills, while still not actually solving the issues with the handling). :(;)

I'm sure Reiza will get it all sorted in time. We know they are actually wizards at this stuff. :D

19. Jens E.

Jens E. Member

I would expect a car can drive without changing the setup so the car dont jump like a frog over the track...
    And then there are the jolts in the ffb that make it undrivable.

20. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

At least before the hotfix, those jolts could be pretty scary with a direct drive :eek: