1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Framerate Lock with no Anti-Aliasing

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by NMRaceman, Nov 3, 2020.

1. NMRaceman

NMRaceman New Member AMS2 Club Member

I have an Odyssey+ being fed by a GTX 1660 through Steam VR. With MSAA to low, the framerates in the GT3 cars at any track bounce wildly between 30-60 FPS. With MSAA off and no other anti-aliasing, the frame rates lock at 45 solid and the smoothing effect works flawlessly. The moment I turn on any post anti aliasing, the frame rates get all jumpy again as with MSAA to low. Both the GPU and CPU show as bound, which seems odd.

None of the other VR titles that I have tried have such a crazy FPS jump or framerate lock.

Any ideas on how to smooth the framerates while running any anti-aliasing setting?

2. Ron Watmore

Ron Watmore New Member

I am having a problem also with FPS, not in VR however. I also have a GTX1660 super. Usually get about 130fps, but about half the time I open the game it splits in half. Nothing changes it. I can put all my settings at low and it is still about high 50's fps. Then an hour later I log in and its getting 130 again. Could it be something the GTX1660?? All other games are fine run at appx. 130fps.

3. NMRaceman

Ron, have you noticed any changes in the framerates with the driver updates? I have not. Also, I disabled all the NVIDIA game specific options to see if that was somehow overriding the in game AA settings.

4. Ron Watmore

Ron Watmore New Member

NM, I have not. I did fix my problem I think. I had super sampling on. Once I changed that and went back to MSAA instead of SMAA Post Proc. For some reason SMAA post proc worked for awhile. Very confusing. I am pretty new at this stuff however.

5. NMRaceman

Possible Steam VR/WMR framerate fix. I got it running steady at 45 FPS day, GT3 Nurburing.

The largest difference maker to stable frame rates seems to be enabling legacy reprojection in Steam VR.

I also opened the WMR settings and set everything to "let windows decide" instead of manually setting refresh rates and performance.