1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.5.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.0.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 31, 2020.

1. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can only comment on what I feel through my own wheel (CSL Elite). I used 0 FX before the patch and once it hit I felt nothing new until I read a comment from @Domagoj Lovric IIRC stating that the FX parameter was responsible for a those effects I mentioned. I don't know if a portion of the effects can be felt through the steering column (which I assume relates to using FX at 0). If that's the case, and with a powerful enough wheel, it's not crazy to assume you would still feel something.

For the record: what wheel and settings are you using on your end?

Mine are as follows:

- Fanatec CSL Elite - Driver 372 - Wheelbase firmware 674 - Not using FanaLab (although now that I speak of it, I might test it out later);
    - Wheel tuning menu settings: SEN - Aut, FF 100, DRI - 003, FEI - 050, FOR - 100, SPR - 100, DPR - 100, BLI - 100, SHO - 100;
    - In-game settings: Gain - 70, LFB - 0, FX - 50, Menu Spring - 20;

Also worth mentioning that I have 2 rims: Formula Carbon and the default P1 rim that comes with the base. And both rims feel very different because of different radius, materials, grip and hand position.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, I'm happy with new ffb but I liked your ideia of explanation on UI game! I really have a very poor knowledge about setting ffb.

It was never a problem to me, but I'm getting old, boring and became more critical about that.
    Would be nice learning how set my wheel properly.

And... as I already told here twice, the new ffb really is in the right way, I know that is not completed but definitely it is in right way

• Like Like x 5
  3. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I really get this from an accessibility point of view and I hope Reiza is able to keep improving camera options so people can get rid of motion sickness when needed. Also some cars are perhaps too bad at absorbing bumps at the moment? I'm not an expert on this.

However, I think there is an amount of bumpiness with street circuits and historic layouts that is always going to be there with stiff and responsive race cars. So getting rid of bouncing cars is not the answer. I'm not saying AMS2 is 100% correct, but some sims don't seem to simulate this experience at all. Also, you need to setup the car to suit those kind of tracks to maximise grip anyway. Although I'm not sure if best grip ever goes hand in hand with comfort.

At the end of the day, physics and camera should be separate with one group of users preferring the raw bumpy ride and other group wanting to play the game without getting sick. It's pointless to keep some drivers away, because they get sick from all the movement. Even if the movement is correct.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DeMol

DeMol New Member

Strangely, when You watch AI driving the same bumpy Porsche cars on same tracks in Replays/Monitor modes from cockpit view - they don't bump.
    Please fix my favorite Porsche Cup to be drivable :(
    Also it is not possible to adjust rain volume by any sliders in Audio options, or am I missing something?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  5. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a Thrusmaster TX.
    In-game: Gain 65, LFB 0, FX 0 (Now), Damp 0. No custom file.

In fact until the last patch, I was using FX at 50.
    It was this weekend by wanting to calibrate my FFB and the clipping, starting with the Gain at 50 and everything else at zero, I realized with the SprintCar in Adelaide that only with the Gain, I felt everything perfectly well , I had never before felt the locking of the wheels with such precision, but also the bumps in the road, the curbs, everything.
    If I add FX, I have more road texture, but I feel the wheel lock less, everything is a bit too mixed up.
    On our forum, where there is also Patrick Giranton (Dom knows him I think), I spoke about what I observed, and a good number have tested and confirmed this fact.
    Maybe we're all on Thrusmaster wheels, I don't know, some on Fanatec don't feel the same.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

As Dom is here,one question.
    What is the best setting for stronger belt/rim driven wheels (TS-PC) here for LFB?
    I used gain 40-50 LFB 45 and FX 50,no damping in game.

7. RJ Espinoza

RJ Espinoza New Member

Two weeks ago AMS2 was my desert island racing sim. Now my CSL Elite is senseless mush.
    Thank you all for the suggestions, I tried them all. It's just ridiculously bad now. Please fix this Reiza.

Thank you

8. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

you see? now I tried yours setting "In-game: Gain 65, LFB 0, FX 0 (Now), Damp 0 " and I like a lot.
    seems to be the best one until now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you boys noticed the whine completely goes away in cockpit replay mode..? Sounds like a different animal; throaty..

Hypothetically whats the difference between these two setups..?

80% FFB IN-GAME & 40% FFB WHEEL DRIVER
    VS
    40% FFB IN-GAME & 80% FFB WHEEL DRIVER

10. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you, here I am reassuring, I am not crazy.:)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lauro Lopes Dantas

Lauro Lopes Dantas New Member

FX 100 does nothing, I was talking about wheel lock on braking, there is no force feedback for wheel lock at all in any car on g27, everything else is great but wheel lock feedback is very important when braking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Needs adjusting close to/in curves I think also.
    There defensive maneuvers are welcome but never seen them so wreck intent
    Defence is great to see but never been taken out as bad as that.
    Not really had an issue until last night but have seen evidence in bug thread.
    Last night at Kayalami historic online I was about to overtake on inside an ai 105/64 and the made a very aggressive swerve into me taking me off track. It was not simply a case of moving around in the braking zone. It was the kind of ram that usually gets reported as online wreckers.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Same here on Kyalami (favorite track), AI just swerved into me twice just as I passed them on the long straight, taking me out both times. It's like they went for a block way too late.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. RWB FxUK

RWB FxUK Member AMS2 Club Member

I had always been a fan of 100% FFB on wheel and dialed down in-game, that was until I got the odd "clonk" with my dd2 a few months back and it was really abrupt, so whilst waiting for a fix, to mitigate it I went the other way, lower on my base and dialled up in game, but always try to remain somewhere within the 50-60% in game so as to avoid clipping and 30-45 on my base (depending on sims/cars etc). I find it works well.

In another title there was an update at one point whereby everything felt fine, until a collission and I would get the full brunt of the DD2 (Ouch), even though normally max output was around 11nm, tapping a car/wall would produce 25nm output, so started doing it in other sims too and don't really feel I am losing anything by not adding 100% to my base, but rather gaining a little safety. Still feels like the range is there (inc low end) and just limiting the max output force. Mileage may vary, just my own experiences.

I guess you could go too low in-game too, providing a weak signal ?!? that you then try to amplify. I don't really know.. it hurts my brain when I try to think about it too much :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

You have never seen a Tc2000 race? (Argentina) , this AI is behaving too well in comparison,:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Thnks.
    Sorry not seen them.
    However I only race online and with AI 105/65 and above , only recently have had such questionable moves.
    Generally I dont have issues with them I think their pretty tip top and I like the fact their more feisty, recently. Its 1 reason I use them.
    If however I pulled the same move, Im sure I would have an unsporting warning or penalty.
    Maybe the AI should/could have a warning/penalty? that could be interesting.
    Subtle adjustments have been made, and just a tad more off the "ram" type reaction may get them back on the more "competitive gentleman" side as they were.
    Its just a fine line thats almost spot on.
    I shall watch replay later just to see from a different view. Violent swerve or acceptable I will check.

17. Ralfer

Ralfer New Member

I think the new GT3 Cars have wrong braking points. If I compare them with other sims, I have to brake much earlier, especially in Hockenheim nearly every Corner. (For example before the Spitzkehre, in other sims at 100m, in ASM2 at 150m).
    The McLaren and AMG have very often also blocking rear tires while braking (not known from other sims in this strength or from other Cars I tried last half year in ASM2), tried much with Setup to fix, but nothing helped.
    Pleased fix both or give me some tips for resolve this problems.

18. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Renato, I'd like to ask you to bring two features to the multiplayer:

1. An option to allow drivers to join a track when the race has already started. They could be seen as a ghost to others that are already racing. The way it is now, people find a combo they like, connect, notice they are going to wait 7 or 8 minutes to start driving, and then disconnect. And probably they are going to drive the same combo offline.

2. An automatic "continue" between sessions, without the need of the (non dedicated) server owner to click on "continue" for the following session to start. Sometimes I create a server with a good combo that gets 10, 11 players in it, but after one hour I want to give a break, and then I have to finish the server I've created, with everybody still in it. Or I just start the game and create a good combo, and don't want to race because I'm doing other things, but I do it because this is a way I found to support the game. But at the moment I can't leave the server "alone", because if I'm not there it will be stuck after a session finishes, waiting for my "continue".

I think these two features would be very good additions to the multiplayer. Please consider this.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

With ACC and RaceRoom, Full-screen mode results in my mouse not reaching the entire UI, making it impossible to start a session or access some settings. I'm seeing more reports like this from others too, so it's not an isolated issue.

Some programs (SimCommander for example) require running games in Windowed Mode to have access to the UI. For that reason, I ran all racing games in WM for years without issue.

Perhaps, for slower PC's, it's a different story.

20. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

I don't understand, they say some new cars are coming and everyone gets excited and then the cars arrive only for people to complain and ask for other cars.
    Enjoy the content of the game as it comes out, enjoy what you have right now and don't focus too much on what may come to the game.
    give feedback to Reiza team, the more people help them out, the quicker they can find the fixes, so many useless comments here just to make the developers life more difficult. Post something regarding the update or bugs and possible fixes guys, come on!

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1