1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camera Shaking

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Nuno P, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Nuno P

Nuno P New Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree with most of you, it is a personal preference, but I, and most of you, don't like it.
    For all it's worth, i love that this little thread has normal people writing without insulting each other.
    I am pretty sure the devs can work on this, it can't be that difficult, it's the only reason i don't play as much as other sims, but that's just ME.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry.. I had to do this :D:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 6
  3. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

Yes it is probably more a question of when than if.
    The sooner the better, as it is not just you.
    Reiza need as much traction as they can get increasing the number of people enjoying AMS2 and buying existing and future DLC.
    I trust Reiza will fix it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

On the contrary I absolutely dont think solving this is easy at all.
    Otherwise Reiza would have solved this shaking problem long time ago.
    1. This awfull shaking have been happening from day one - and the devs have shown they know it.
    2. The devs have allready tried sidestepping this bug by lately entering 2x new menu settings in the camera menu.

Argumentation: Introducing new "sidestepping" menu settings takes a lot of time - which does show that really solving this shaking bug needs some fundamental change deep in the Madness code - instead of just "sidestepping" the problem.

ByTheWay: If it was an un-difficult task this problem was allready solved by now.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

You do have a point. And I agree people ought to have the freedom of playing how they want to. Cockpit is cool, but I like to race closely without contact so roof + a helicorsa style radar overlay = not needing to look to my sides = 2 more buttons free on the wheel :p

But back on topic xD

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. BrunoB

Isnt this one of the differences between gamers and simmers?:p
    ByTheWay: You would get a nasty surprise if you sign up for an iRacing membership :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I love this game but I can't play it without getting sick, regardless of settings. I will wait and hope that eventually this is changed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Try legacy on and 0. It's best for me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BrunoB

@Jeff Scharpf before you completely leave AMS2 you should try some settings with @2ndLastJedi ´s advice.
    Because beside the Madness physics car bouncing your problem is probably also the odd camera bouncing in AMS2.

ByTheWay: Considering the car physics part you could maybe also try some other cars. As example I solely use the 2 formulas (F-Reiza/F-V10G1) and the legacy thing - and eventhough they both have Reizas mandatory Parkinsons disease when stopped and driving slow then I at least dont get sick driving them.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jeff Scharpf

Ok guys thanks again for the tips. For sure I have not given up on AMS2. The game is too good and I trust they will eventually address it. Also, I spend a lot of money on it lol.. so I was just going to give it a break.
    But you have a good point. I have not tried any other cars or tracks other than the Brazilian stock car season and the first track of 2017, which was Goiana (?)... very bumpy.

11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

One car in one track and already to park it for a while :confused: okay. I'm not sure Legacy on at 0 will be to your liking though. Probably the opposite to what you want.
    My cockpit is stationary so I want the in game car cockpit to not move also, but I think this setting is probably the most bumpy.

12. Jeff Scharpf

Well that's all it takes for me. I'm only interested in single player championship races, so if I can't play those without getting sick, there isn't really a point.
    I've owned GSC, and AMS, so I know eventually there will be more championships with more cars/tracks.. I was just going to wait for that to happen.
    With yesterdays announcement, it's time to re-install again lol!

• Like Like x 1
  13. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Fair enough, but the Stock Cars are some of the roughest rides suspension-wise while Goiania is famously bumpy. Maybe do a manual championship with some other cars while we wait for updates. Or try the Formula 3, they are also superb.