1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traction Control - GT Cars

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by CJRacing, Nov 3, 2020.

1. CJRacing

CJRacing Member

Anyone feel like the TC is off the mark in the latest update? I have played around with the TC setting in the GT3s but I cannot feel much of a difference between the various values.

It really is a problem with the Porsche cup car, where TC is disabled yet it feels like TC is on and the car is unslippable. The Mercedes 190, for example, doesn't seem to have this issue and you can feel the car struggle to maintain grip as you accelerate out of turns.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. ruztytoaster

ruztytoaster New Member

yes i agree all the new gt3 and cup cars are un spinable! tried everything

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have tried 720s 2 days ago and with TC on 100 (zero intervention) I was easily able to spin the car when early on throttle during corner exit. Everything avsolutely ok for me and pretty much the same behaviour of this car as in ACC

4. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If driving on the limit, they are easy to spin specially the Mercedes when braking hard for, and Accelerating out a sharp bent,
    The default setup is on the stable side, perhaps that is why people say the GT3 cars are stable?
    Or they are using driving assists?

5. ruztytoaster

ruztytoaster New Member

Hi what are your settings? maybe im missing something in the setup.

6. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    For me the Mercedes gt3 car is the one I've driven most. Last night I drove the McLaren. This all mp.
    The merc seems way more stable to me. In fact it seems its the most non loose car of all vehicles in ams 2. The McLaren felt like thethe rest of ams 2 cars relatively speaking.

Sax, do you think its because I haven't deketed my documents files? I've tried 80% to 20% tc on both gt3s.

7. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

BTW...I'm still free weeknights if you need a drummer^^

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Hi S are you finding this at all tracks? I assume dry also.
    Only time I find as above in in full rain TC100 ABS 0

Not here. Tried all permutations

Pls share

Most time nm AMG here will try Mc later, and yes not loose (with all assists off imo)
    Thnks

9. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not all tracks, but certain corners like "Hairpin" and "Kurve 15" at hockenheim, or turn 4 "Descido do Lago" at interlagos,"Jerez turn 14 "Curva Lorenzo" and yes also on the dry. It has probably to do with my driving style?

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Red Bull Ring turn 3 is the ultimate test because you crest a hill and unload the rears while turning and accelerating.

GT3s are supposed to be stable though.

A general rule of setting up the differential for a track is to decrease the power ramp angle and increase preload until you find your power oversteer wheel slip point. For TT and <5 lap races keep it 5-10 degrees higher than that. >5 lap races add more degrees to factor in the tires as they wear later on unless you think you can manage it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Yes thanks chaps
    There very stable cars . I only drive them all off (tc abs and yes 100% &0) I enjoy them more this way AMG seems overly stable all off.
    Will try both ways as you describe

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  12. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

I agreed with you initially, but since then I've been playing around with the setup a bit more and there's definetely a difference.

One thing I did not notice before, because I'm dumb, is that the TC value in AMS2 is inverted and the number actually means the ammount of slip that the system allows, so the higher the value the more slip is permited... I didn't bother to read the description before and was actually increasing the TC so now I feel stupid :oops:

The Porsche GT3 was the biggest offender for me, so I put the TC at 80% slip permited (which would be the equivalent of 20% TC, I guess), reduced the anti-brake lock to 30%, increased the brake pressure to 100%, moved the brake bias a bit more towards the center, reduced the rear wing by 1 click and the viscous lock to 0, and just as a result of these changes (not even going into the suspension setup) the car became the very opposite of unslippable. In fact, these changes made the car so sketchy at Bathurst that I had to dial them back a little bit in order to be able to finish races without dying :D

Which leads me to a suggestion for Reiza: Since these stock setups trend so much towards safety, I think they should do what Kunos does with ACC and have two stock setups per car - safe and aggressive. This might avoid these initial bad impressions by people like me or the OP.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020