1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.5.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.0.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 31, 2020.

1. sk8

sk8 Member

I think they mixed dampening into lfb on the previous ver of ffb. Now it's seperated. Lfb boosts the week end of the ffb signal. The more lfb you add the more you flatten the contrast from low to high output signals. That's how it feels to me, I could of course be totally wrong? On earlier builds I used to run no lfb for highest detail. Previous build changed that and I found 15 lfb worked best for me. Now I'm definitely getting better detail with lfb off again. Just re tested everthing again and arrived back at my current settings without doubt. Tiny bit of damping helps me feel the weight of the car better. Settings - T300 65 - 0 - 50 - 15. 100 gain in Thrustmaster settings. Either way it's all super subjective. Thanks for the suggestions though. Had fun trying them out.

2. sammydw1

sammydw1 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Before I mention issues, let me say the feel of the cars is my favorite among the various sims. When younger (I'm 70), I used to get a little squirrely on the streets, and sliding the AMS2 cars feels much the same! Being older, I gravitate to the older open wheel cars, 72E, 49C, ect. I also like the F309.
    A continuing irk is the Retro AI. Very slow and old me racing the 72D vs 70% AI at historic Imola, I can easily out brake the AI from ridiculously far back, carry more speed through the corner, get a better launch out of the corner, and then the AI just drive away from me on the longer straights. (build 1.51) At 70% strength, I can get enough time in the slower sections to prevail overall but it just seems wrong. This was better several builds ago.

Setup used: 25, 89, 8, 10; power, coast, clutches, preload for the diff. The tight power diff seems to give a better launch off the corner, and a few builds ago enabled me to outrun the AI down the straights, but no more. Wing angle: 2 front; 4 rear. Tried 1 front and 2 rear but didn't seem to make much difference for top speed, Rivazza to Tosa, front straight at Imola! Tire pressures:1.2 bar. Toe: -4 front, +4 rear, (-2 front, +2 rear didn't seem to make a difference for top speed). 6.8 caster (this helps turn in). Springs: front minimum, rear maximum. Shocks: bump: min all around, rebound: front min rear max. Ride height front min rear max. My setup attempts to ameliorate the 72E's understeer. I have tried backing off toe, rake, and wing angles without success for straightaway speed.

Of course it could be I can't drive in a straight line,

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone knows when Green Hell is comming? It was promised early on next week. It's almost Friday and still nothing.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

When it's done.

I mean...is it that much of a catastrophy, if it would take some more days, but polish is on point? :D

• Like Like x 4
  5. BartZ

When did I say it's a catastrophe? I'm only asking. It's still allowed right? Maybe someone knows or maybe I missed a tweet or something.

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Of course it's allowed. Maybe i'm a bit grumpy about the "release the content, already-thing". The last months always gave me this feel, sim racers demand for more and more content as fast as possible, while the overall polish of this content took a hit. Sorry man, didn't wanted to come across offensive. :)

• Like Like x 5
  7. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Same with the new U.S president!

• Funny Funny x 16
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. BartZ

No worries mate.
    I'm not meaning to demand but it surely feels like promised timeframes are seldom being stuck to.
    Edit. The anticipation only speaks to AMS2 success. Clearly people love the game and are waiting for the promised content. It should be seen as a compliment (even is it's also a bit of a complaint ;))

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Quickest win ever:

Got pole
    Session stuck
    Cant press continue.
    25 people leave
    Profit!

Took 2 minutes This bug needs to be solved asap

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

Where was it promised early this week? Link?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Big_Mama

Big_Mama Ben Suttor AMS2 Club Member

The problem is that when they keep their time-frames too strictly and release content in a more rough form, people rage all over the internet about the unpolished state or bugs. And if they take their time, people start asking where their new stuff is... Anyway, a lot of people here would love to see them take a more "when it's done" approach (as long as that is feasible of course). :)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 7
  12. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

There was no promise. You imagined it.

You're not only asking; you are implying that you have been let down by a broken promise.

See, told ya!

Attached Files:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. BartZ

Don't think so dude. Get your facts straight before making statements like that.

Important note: the Nurburgring Pack will also be available tomorrow, but only featuring the GP track and its variants - the Nordschleife is receiving some further art revisions and will be added to the pack early on next week.

See, told ya!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, today is still kinda early. Fri, Sat and Sun are late :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. BartZ

It's verbatim.

16. Gagaryn

I read that as an aim. You read it as a promise.

Relax, let them release it when it's ready. That really is the best course of action. Sorry you are so upset about it.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. BartZ

I read it as it's written.
    I'm not upset about it so you needn't be sorry about that. I don't know what gave you the idea I'm upset about the wait... Read my posts in full. You might get the context then.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Gagaryn

Oh I did! ;)

19. BartZ

Ok, I'll call it late tomorrow ;):)

20. BartZ

Yet you chose partial quotes and you're telling me what I am supposedly implying. Spending too much time in space?
    First it was my imagination now it's a matter of interpretation. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020