1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superkarts

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Racey, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Racey

Racey New Member

Hey Reiza
    Loving Automobilista 2..... EXCEPT.... Can you kindly fix the AI in Superkarts as all they do is crash and crash and crash against each other leaving none to race against..... I raced Superkarts (as well as cars) but (real) Superkarts were just the best fun and exhilarating to drive. So I was really excited when you added them to Automobilista 2 (that's why I purchased it). While Reiza has made them drive and go pretty close to a (real) Superkart apart from the silly AI you could also tweek the sound of the engine up higher in the sound frequency as the (real) 2 stroke twin cylinder Superkart engines "scream"...

Stay safe

2. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Do real Superkarts get light in the front at high speed? I find that in AMS2 I need to reduce the rear wing quite dramatically in order to get enough control at high speed.

3. Racey

Racey New Member

When you mean "light" is that hi speed down a straight or hi speed in fast corners? I have noticed/felt some "push" (understeer) in fast corners/bends in Automobilista 2 but nothing too drastic. Overall though (actual) Superkarts are pretty stable machines due to there extreme low centre of gravity BUT also in saying that though they are very twitchy and hard to drive at hi speeds on bumpy circuits due to having no suspension. AM2 Superkarts are pretty close to the real thing so that may be the reason for you to reduce the rear wing quite dramatically. Actual Superkarts are very different to drive quickly than cars due to no suspension and their braking distance is so much much shorter, not that far away from an F1 car but nowhere as smooth or precise. Reiza could improve their braking distances to be more realistic. I have raced on a circuit that AM2 has and in AM2 I have to brake coming up to a particularly slow/tight corner after a long straight at the 150m board but in actual I was braking at the 100m board. If I brake at the 100m board in AM2 I just fly off the track out of control...
    I hope this all makes sense....
    Cheers

• Informative Informative x 3