1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a good look. Nordschleife delay.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Bizarre Formula, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Yeah, and if they set no date at all, whingy people just like you will be posting ten threads per day entitled "WGHERE IS NORDSLIFEE???!!!!??!/11/!!?!"

I hate this disgusting sense of entitlement which pervades gaming communities these days. It's just a ****ing game and has tonnes of other content, so get over it! If people really have nothing better to do than throw their toys out of the pram over the delayed released on a piece of digital content, I almost feel sorry for how sad and unfulfilled their lives must be. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Wow. What a totally balanced response. Shame you were too eager to jump on the opportunity to be unpleasant to actually understand what the point of my post was.

I also didn't realise that I had to take responsibility for every other post you've spent your day reading where someone complained, perhaps that's why you are so pissy about it.

Your life is clearly very fulfilled since you decided it was worth coming here and being rude to me for suggesting there would be a better way to avoid all of the complaints from fans.

You want to talk about pervasive trends, how about the trend of being a tool on the internet and the inability to have a discussion without being nasty.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hej ..Its me Marius. I am driving on Nord now. Its 16 May 2023 here and its great! Kudos to Reiza.

:hurrayreiza: This week going to be awesome

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Nice comeback genius.
    I just thing it doesnt make sense to get agitated over a computer game :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The AMS2 roadmap has been advertised for quite some time. To refute your point, they do this to advertise their product so people buy it and purchasers know what they are getting. Simple really.

If you had been on the forums for more than 5 mins you’d know that there are hundreds of requests from posters asking for specific release dates for content. There are also hundreds of posts complaining about the same things over and over without reading previous threads.

Its perturbing when people invent inane things to complain about, especially when its obviously something the AMS2 community at large asks for on almost a daily basis.

6. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it's completely reasonable to expect a self imposed deadline to be met. In my line of work if I promise to deliver I better do. If I shift a deadline time and time again my client won't think "Oh well, better that than getting something half done". I certainly wouldn't adopt a "shut up and wait" approach - not to say that's their approach just that it was said here.
    Although I an seriously looking forward to the update I can wait and it is not as important to me as many other things in my life. However, just because I can wait it is perfectly OK that some are in a more of a rush to drive the awesome track. Sure, I can wait but that doesn't mean BizarreFormula's point is invalid. He certainly does not deserve to be told off. Most of the posts disagreeing with him are seriously unbalanced.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

When exactly did he do that? I think the first post is calm and certainly more polite than your attempt to chuck your toys out.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. 250swb

250swb Active Member

I'm disappointed it wasn't released on time but it's a big project and I'm happy to wait. Again we have to realise that early adopters knew there would be bugs and delays in the game as it was developed and took on AMS2 on that basis so it's a different mindset. People buying it now have different expectations and would have little patience if there are major bugs straight out of the box.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato and Reiza have an aggressive time-table and they have an impressive track record not of meeting it but of catching up and making good.

It's their policy to announce and make a date public, possibly as an incentive to get down to it with more motivation and urgency. They do not make allowances for contingencies because of Parkinson's Law. They make faster progress this way and their follow up wins them support.

They made the Hockenheim DLC available to early buyers when they were behind schedule. They've added plans to include an extra track in the 2020-21 season pass to compensate those who already bought the pass. They've given the Nuerburgring free for a spell as compensation for a delay to some of the content. Their 2020-21 season pass may not make it during 2021 but their history and track record suggest that they will continue to develop for it and add to it whatever is on their schedule for it and however long it takes. That's the kind of company they are.

When they announce a date it is a target they fully intend to meet. But life is what happens while you're making other plans and they have to delay. Take dates on twitter and monthly updates as intentions and indications of time-frames instead of promises and deadlines.

This policy is not hurting Reiza as much as it might other software houses because Reiza follow through and make good, whatever might beset them on the way.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Honestly you read some of these posts and think why are a lot of sim racers a bunch of over grown petulant man babies, who feel entitled and have no manners at all.
    Two weeks ago - booo Reiza how dare you release GT3 without testing them, oh my god they are so bouncy, where’s the QC on your releases?
    This week - booo Reiza you are delaying the release of Nords because you are testing it and putting it through QC!
    Sometimes I’m embarrassed to be part of the sim racing community and think that it’s a genre full of children and man babies. Do you make the same noise when mummy takes too long to cook your chicken nuggets?
    Grow up please and let Reiza do their thing!
    In the grand scheme of things, honestly who cares if it’s delayed by a week or two or even three? I’m sure every other sim has Nords available to race around!
    These are no doubt the same people who dive bomb T1 Monza, at the start of a six hour endurance race!
    Grow up, quit your moaning and be grateful that we have so many sims to play, great hardware to plug into amazing pc’s and VR!
    Man life is tough for us!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Scoops

Scoops Member

I take any future date for any release as an estimate to the release date given the devs understanding of what needs to be completed. But in that estimate there are unknowns as to complications and bugs etc that will add time. I am assuming the devs add a contingency to that estimate to cover of this but that may not be sufficient and lead to delays.

That doesn’t mean it’s not frustrating for users.

AMS2 content, HP Reverb G2 delivery, rF2 UI etc etc

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

I almost feel ashamed that a topic as this exists :eek:
    So many **** going on in the world and we crying about a track which is delayed for a few days/weeks or whatever.
    sorry to say but grow up and enjoy what we currently have.
    I’m probably not far off when I guess you have at least 3 more sims with this track present.
    Anyway, just fire up AMS2 and enjoy it and wait untill the developers have done their job. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Your last two lines of your reply are the very definition of what I’m talking about. Absolute sense of entitlement, petulance and inpatience.
    At most a delay is a minor inconvenience to our excitement.
    Frustration is watching people die of the flu, being locked in your home and seeing businesses close and people lose their jobs.
    Not being able to play on a race track on one sim, that’s available on a handful of others and moaning about it, is embarrassing!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Both of your points are invalid. We don’t have a contractual relationship with Reiza to provide us services, we’re consumers. A roadmap or estimated date of content release is also not a deadline, its simply a form of advertisement. Quite common in the industry. It goes without saying they want to release it on time because a delay hurts them way more than it hurts us.

Isn’t weird to you that someone would publicly complain about not being able to spend money on something they want? Its childish.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Just as well you can wait as you have no alternative! Not sure where all the talk of deadlines and promises originated. Getting annoying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

I think you are mistaking advertisment (DLC announcement) and contractual obligations to your client.

And season pass doesnt include specific dates etc. so that doesnt really give you anything either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Bizarre Formula
    You wrote an inflammatory post and knew you were doing this. Then you got some hot replies. Oh what a surprise.

18. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Inflammatory?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

:D[​IMG]
    driving there earlier today, the nords is awesome.:D

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED