1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When will gt3 McLaren get bop adjustment?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by LugNut, Nov 9, 2020.

1. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,

Its kind of obvious, but the gt3 McLaren is up to 2 secs a lap faster than the Mercedes or the Porsche. Just check the TT leaderboards.
    Or adjust the merc and Porsche...preferred.
    Or is of just me?:)

Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You are not wrong. The McLaren is trickier to drive and has earlier brake points, but it has better acceleration, is a rocket ship in a straight line and has higher cornering speed.

3. 250swb

250swb Active Member

Hmmm, (thinks), my bet would be it has earlier brake inputs because it is going faster? But joking aside it is an easy car to drive because if you do make a mistake it has the speed and acceleration to cancel it out. In comparison the Porsche and Merc feel like the brakes are still on coming out of a corner.

4. Gunthar Rowe

Gunthar Rowe New Member

Just need to look at the Time Trial times, the 720 is anywhere for a full second to 3 seconds faster than the Merc, and the poor Porsche is out the back....

5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No, dont, touch it, it is perfect as is. Did my best Tin top times ever around Bathurst in this.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Lucas Vieira

Lucas Vieira Member

I guess it is due the year difference of the cars, porsche 2016 x mclaren 2019. A good way to compare it will be when the BMW 2019 came together with the Nordschleife.

It does had difference of rules between those years. It probably was build right, but its not balanced on the right way to do a GT3 race, once one car its far more faster than the rest.

7. steelreserv

Interesting way to define “easier”.

8. 250swb

250swb Active Member

How difficult is planting your foot on the accelerator? If you can do enough exit the corner facing in the right direction the McLaren will scamper away.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. steelreserv

I was referring to handling, not whether you can catch up to slower cars after making a mistake. Yes the mclaren rotates well, its part of the reason it is fast but it can lead to mistakes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Gunthar Rowe

Gunthar Rowe New Member

BoP is what is used in GT3 to get the car on parity with each other irrespective of the year of manufacturing. Until 2020 season and the Evo Merc, the 720S, Porsche and the Merc all raced together and the BoP sorted their differences in performance over the full track. Never fear, the "old" 2015 Merc still kicks butt against the "new" cars on the block.

Also, the Ferrari 488 GT3 simply would not be allowed on track if there was no BoP as it is a ground up build race car.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Gunthar Rowe

Gunthar Rowe New Member

Screenshot 2020-11-11 190012.jpg

That's the 2015 Merc BTW, getting every type of restriction :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AFAIK the cars in Endurance Brasil do not follow the SRO regulations, so I would be surprised if they did in AMS2.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    The latest updates have done a little bit of equalizing, in that the McLarens just don't run away from the competition, but it seems they are still a second to 2 seconds faster per lap at any track.

Again, am I alone in feeling this way?

• Like Like x 1
  14. steelreserv

I agree. Could be a mix. The porsche feels faster as well.

15. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

The 911 is faster, because now you can push it much harder thanks to its debounce in the last update.

I find the biggest issue with the McLaren that it has a turbo. It doesn’t really suffer any power loss at Kyalami, Spielberg, Interlagos and other tracks high above sea level. It has a 100hp advantage at Kyalami over the two others.

Could its max boost pressure be limited at higher altitude?

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. psone

psone Guest

that explains why its such a rocket around Ibarra. :D

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  17. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

I found the Mclaren melted the rear tires in no time, kind of made up for it early on almost. I remember being in a 911 in my first drive and just drove past at least 6 Mclarens that qualified ahead of me and finished 2nd because they kept spinning off. My first race with the Mclaren was a 10 lap race at brands Hatch and 3 laps in I spun off, and noticed my rear tires were 120 degrees+.

Is this something anyone else has experienced? Maybe theyve fixed it already?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    Thx for the responses.
    Hell, I would race them myself but without a clutch pedal I can't start fast so I get hit from behind BEFORE the first corner:) BTW I use a button for clutch.

19. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

@LugNut - Im just curious but isnt it possible to tweak the settings of your clutch button so it does function closer to a pedal.
    Sensitivity and deadzone I mean?

20. steelreserv

This is definitely the case with the McLaren. Its rocket in TT, but in race conditions, it melts the rears. You have to make setup changes and change your driving style.

Most ppl in MP use the default or the top TT setup and don't account for this.