1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Clippy2020

Clippy2020 New Member

Current Settings T300RS (mainly test w/ Formula Ultimate):
    Default FFB
    Gain 86
    Low Boost 30
    FX 3
    Damping 3
    Menu 20

2. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Do you find that really heavy ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

This is very interesting. Can others corroborate that adding even a small amount of damping actually adds the presence of forces? It should be the opposite and mask forces that are too strong/direct (as may occur on a DD wheel)...?

• Like Like x 1
  4. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

I should add that after that post I did a few more tests and the results vary depending on the car. After adding 40 damping and experiencing a noticeable improvement on the Mclaren GT3 (where I could barely feel braking and traction loss without damping) I tried other cars and now they felt vary heavy and sluggish so I had to reduce the damping (I'm now running 15 damping).

I also notice that some cars don't need damping at all in order for me to feel what the car is doing so it seems to vary a lot... so my conclusion about the necessity of damping now is that I'm confused and don't really know :oops:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Cfst

Cfst Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm very surprised the thread regarding recommendations on ffb has not been updated since April. Come on

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. buddhatree

buddhatree Member

Agreed. I think in one of the updates they mentioned an FFB overhaul or improvement but no updated recommended settings to match the new FFB. It would be greatly appreciated.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Daniel Forster

Daniel Forster DDiggler :)

morning afternoon good evening too all .
    Any recommends FFB for CSL elite ps4 I know there's a good setting out there it was great before .
    I see lots of people saying its the best its been
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated :):hurrayreiza:

8. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You may not be interested, but I have the same wheel, so I’ll post anyway:

NuScorpii’s ‘Heavy Messing’ file (found in the custom FFB thread works incredibly well with my CSL. You just need to set one variable at the start of the file for your wheel type (instructions in the file). The FFB Is absolutely stunning for me.

In game I use:

Gain ~65
    LFB 20
    FX 50
    Damping 25

Hope this helps someone.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Daniel Forster

Daniel Forster DDiggler :)

my man ray thank you kindly good sir

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess New Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys, which settings are you using with a Thrustmaster T500RS, please?
    In the Thrustmaster Control panel and in-game?
    Thx in advance.

11. Devil-D

Devil-D New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey all, I'm really confused on the dampening. I read Rieza suggests to turn it "off" but I had a lot of oscillations. None at all with -5 dri on the CSL Elite PS4. Fanatec's site says "off" on the older wheels is the same as dRi -5 on the new wheels. Most here I see stick with the -2 that Fanatec suggests or run "off". I'm wondering if setting it to off is actually correct for the new wheels and turning up the damper in game is correct?

Fanatec

12. Bocas84

Bocas84 New Member AMS2 Club Member

what is the parameter to increase the gain (general of all forces) in the custom folder?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  13. Vitaliy

Vitaliy New Member

After the last update of the FFB Lotus 23 on the curbs, the steering wheel does not pull to the curb, but to the track ((. I don’t understand it was all right ...

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  14. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

I don't know about the last round of updates, FFB doesn't feel great to me anymore. I have a TS-PC racer, any suggested settings?

15. Bocas84

Bocas84 New Member AMS2 Club Member

what is the parameter to increase the gain (general of all forces) in the custom folder?

16. buddhatree

buddhatree Member

Before I purchased my DD1, I really liked the FFB but now I just can't seem to find anything that feels right. I think I've got the FFB dialed in but then I go over a bump and the torque pulling left or right is waaaaay too much. It's very violent and I cannot seem to fix it.

Finding the custom FFB files people are talking about is almost impossible. This thread alone has 78 pages. Very difficult to find information on this forum. The Dev's FFB recommendations are out of date and Fanatec's recommended settings are also out of date.

Every couple of days I'll try AMS2 again but I only do a couple of laps because of the bouncing camera and the FFB that I just can't get right. I haven't even done a full lap at Nords yet.

• Like Like x 1
  17. psone

psone Guest

• Like Like x 1
  18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The latest files are in the first couple of posts. Despite that, @buddhatree should fix the regular FFB before pursuing custom files (of which there are several wildly varied approaches). Other people with the same wheel are gushing about how amazing the FFB is, so step 1 is to find out what settings they use and copy/try them. Odds are the problem stems from using non-default settings for the wheel itself, or some wacky non-standard slider settings in AMS 2.

19. JF Gagne

JF Gagne New Member

I used the Default FFB for two weeks after the big update and was almost liking it. Then I drove RF2 and noticed that the AMS2 Default is still not there. My main issues are that it's too loose on center and I often can't feel what the tires are doing.

I returned to @NuScorpii Heavy Messing 2.5 - Smooth with the following settings:
    (min_force 0.00)
    (micro_details 0.7)
    (macro_details 0.5)

(rack_load 1.4)
    (brake_load 0.5)
    (load_scale 0.2)
    (adhesion_scale 0.3)
    (overall_damping 0.0)
    (tightness 0.9)
    (scrub_scale 0.1)
    (kerb_scale 0.4)

(gyro_scale 1.0)
    (engine_scale_slow 0.6)
    (engine_scale_fast 0.03)
    (output_smoothing 0.0)

Gain: 25 to 30
    LFB: 0
    FX: 100
    Damping: 0

This gives me the center tightness that I like and great grip awareness. I had to reduce Scrub to a minimum because it became exaggerated since the update.

20. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The FFbs strength per car is currently all over the place. Mini cooper feel really haevy. F1 V10 super light. Gt3's go from light to heavy as well. etc etc

Could it be a damper-issue?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020