1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.5.5 & Nurburgring Pack RELEASED, now updated to V1.0.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

From Renato's answere to the same question from me in Beta Forum last three days,he said it is delayed and in the works.Should be out in the next Update end of November.

• Like Like x 1
  2. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks yet again for a great release guys. Whilst waiting for the Nordschleife DLC I took the time to test out a few of the other changes.
    AI: Fantastic, very little erratic weaving and I no longer sweat bullets going into every turn wondering if they are going to take me out :)
    GT4: Cayman is far better behaved, can be driven around Oulton without trying to enter orbit. The Camaro is still an entertaining beast to drive, thanks for reinstating the rear view. The Maclaren 570 I still find deeply unsatisfying to drive - very light in the steering, bouncy, very unconnected to the road and the back end just comes around with the slightest dab of brakes into corners.
    GT3: Fantastic, and just slightly less planted and therefore even more entertaining to drive.
    Cup Porsches: Still bouncy (probably as designed and implemented), but very fun to race.
    UI: The class selection always defaults to "All", and the classes are listed in totally arbitrary order rather than the (mostly) alphabetical order previously.
    Other newer content misc: DTM cars are way too slow off the line and too fast once they're up to speed after a couple of corners. Mini JCW steering is still extremely heavy (one of the heaviest in game).

And then the DLC dropped. Absolutely phenomenal. Everyone involved in this work of art should be very proud of themselves. I've taken a few different cars around, ****ed up the carousel every time, and had the absolute time of my life.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. psone

psone Guest

Will we see more slots available for Nords in the future? 27 feels a little sparse.

4. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

On a combined layout where there are more pits, maybe

• Like Like x 1
  5. Luismuku

Luismuku Member

I feel like I'm playing the game on the first day. Multiclass with Mini, Evo and ARC Camaro on Nords is just incredible, so many jumps, so many corners... Nice work Reiza!
    Only thing I have to say is about the AI, still moving strange to both sides

• Like Like x 1
  6. budlix

budlix New Member AMS2 Club Member

Enjoying it a lot!
    Can't say how "real" it is, never was there, can only compare to other sim I drive there, which is R3E with GT3 cars. Only can say that track looks awesome, nice details, no big issues with frame drops ,first feeling is superb.
    Tried till now:
    Porsche GT3 - spicy fierce feeling, very jumpy when in contact with curbs
    Toyota Stock Car Nova Geracao - super hard to drive, workout :)
    Copa Truck - just for fun, crazy and still with tyre temp issues
    Compared to R3E version (is it even comparable?) catchy, hard, I like it! In some cornes I'm use to drive from R3E I had to change my driving line but again - comparing uncomparable, also have to add I have different FOV and seat position.
    Dear REIZA, I'm veeery happy customer!

• Like Like x 1
  7. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh New Member

Porches still a bouncy mess.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Monjardim14

Monjardim14 New Member

Where the Porsche Cup Brasil skins?

9. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wonderful update and DLC guys! Thank you! Best Nordschleife experience in VR so far!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

thats a dissapointment. Its not porsche specific i dont think, its just they tend to showcase the problem more, I think the tyres in this game feel more like they are made out of Nolathane .
    until this is fixed its going to turn players away, its such a shame as this title is getting better and better ..

11. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Sim Racing Life AMS2 Club Member

Super impressed with the update. Reiza you go from strength to strength.
    But please address multiplayer next, as i believe its the biggest thing letting the sim down right now.
    Server admin tools are a must as is some indication of how long you have left to join a server. still seeing people getting kicked for no reason too.
    Please guys, i know you'll get around to it all at some point, but when i talk to others its a common thing being brought up time after time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just tested the McLaren 720S today but to me it feels like the sweet spot for diff settings has moved higher up in preload, number of clutches and even "stiffer" ramp angles and the diff feels much less locked than it used to with similar settings so I would say there has been a positive impact from this correction.

13. Cyteless

Cyteless New Member AMS2 Club Member

Great track, the 70s Formula cars are really fun to drive around - they get really light over the crests, which always makes me hold my breath!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ayrton

Ayrton Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Are there plans for adding in-car TC adjustment for the GT3s? That's a serious setback at the moment. There are some guys I know who won't even touch it until that's added.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Member

Fantastic update for the ffb let’s leave at that plz.
    Still the cockpit camera bouncing is bugged tried legacy with head movement 1 and it is way better than zero. Also Porsche needs to be looked at. How’s the BOP btw? Feels like the Porsche is way slower than the Merc and Mclaren?
    Anyways, great update overall to get me back to ams2 again but really hope some of the annoying bugs will be squashed soon.
    Thanks Reiza.

16. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

fantastic update but...

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

Finally !

Finally AMS2 feels good to me, even if there is a long road before being the ultimate sim.
    But in this state :
    - I delete Raceroom and won't buy anything for Sector3, no rain, no night, dx9, outdated
    - I delete Assetto Corsa, even CSP or Sol can't change the game for me, the FFB is the same and feels too much floaty for me for being a must play.
    - I delete Project cars 2, even if the RX content is the best in the market.

Only ACC and rFactor 2 with AMS 2 are the racing games I will play (for Rally I use DR2.0 and WRC9 and for the bikes Ride 4). But rFactor 2 for me is now number three, behind ACC and AMS2, for the crown, I will wait for he ACC soon update to make a fair comparaison.

FFB
    What it's good now with AMS 2, it's the FFB, with my own custom FFB I have a very good feeling, superior at rFactor2 in slow and med speed turns, and similar (but slighty inferior) for the fast high speed turns. At this FFB level, it's amazing, it's of course now better than AMS 1 FFB. About ACC, I think the same, AMS 2 FFB with fast high speed turns is not as good, probably a slow suspension bad feeling, probably the main thing to improve for me to have "the best FFB" in the market.

AI
    About the AI, finally, we can race with the AMS feeling, it's far from being perfect, but finally I can have fun.
    Even if Raceroom AI is smoother, it's not enough to keep Raceroom in my library.

Graphics
    About the graphics, the shadows on the ground are very aliased, and need ,by day only, a new graphics option more than ultra, with rtx 3080 at 1440p, I have so much spare power, I'm at constant 144fps at ultra with spare power. Little notice about the night light of Nordschleife, it's zombie land....

Content
    About the content, finally Nordschleife, I was the thread poster in Steam "No Nordschleife No buy", So now you can buy the game.
    Sadly, it seems that the RX content from AMS is gone, and I miss the season features from Project cars 2 with snow weather, and winter track version...

Sound
    About the sound, It feels nice for me, even if the crown is for the famous ACC, but it's superior to rFactor 2 without doubt.

So guys, if say it feels good now, you can be sure that it feels good, I'm very hard to pleased about racing games.
    November is a great month the the Sim racing community, here for AMS 2, and soon for ACC and rFactor 2.

Enjoy.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

And next month you hate AMS 2? :p

By the way I am missing ABS and TC steps in the button assignment menu. Would be lovely for rotary and such. A man can only dream. Not that I use it much, but in GT3 is could be handy. Specially in Nord.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

it's not hate, it's just I have a very high standard to be pleased. My top 3 sims are ACC, AMS2 and rFactor 2....and I doubt next month a new sim will be released.
    Now for me, AMS 2 is no more an early access game, it's a true v.1.

about TC for GT3 in AMS2, I use no TC, so a button to change will doesn't change. Bt if it's implemented like ACC, of course it will be good.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  20. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

TC can be adjusted via the ICM.

Ideally it would be nice to map this to buttons/rotary and have realistic level steps..

• Agree Agree x 8