1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.5.5 & Nurburgring Pack RELEASED, now updated to V1.0.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 13, 2020.

1. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

I don't wanna be one of those annoying guys that says "you must be doing something wrong" in a case like this...

...but...

...sorry...

...you must be doing something wrong :D

I drove the Porsche GT4 just because of your post because I wanted to see if what you say was true, and I had so much fun. Drove this car at Donnington GP and I think I just found another favorite car/track combo :) Those corners feel so amazing with the FFB translating the weight transfer just beautifully trough the wheel. Even made a few setup changes to make the car a bit more lively, and while it required some care with the throtle, it never felt "impossible".

The GT4 cars start with very cold tires and are very edgy on the first few laps, but once the tires get up to temperature they drive great now after the patch.

Overall I'm very happy with this update. The GT3's are also improved. The AI still does this weird side-to-side movements and bump against each other, at least in the first couple laps, but they seem to be a bit more careful around the player.

Also heard there was another track released today, apparently is a famous track or something, but that's gonna have to wait a bit more because first I'm going back for some more Porshe GT4 @ Donnington :p

EDIT: Tested the Nordschleife, with the Porsche GT4 Cayman. The car bounces a lot but then I watched some onboards of the real car on the Nords and it bounces a lot as well, mostly on the same areas where it bounces the most in the game, so maybe the bounciness is accurate, or maybe not. Hard to tell from youtube videos.

As for the track, it's very good, seems accurate when compared with Raceroom and Assetto, but it feels dead without people. For the real Nords experience you need lots of people watching from behind the barriers, waving flags and signs, some tents as well because people setup tents on the Nords. Raceroom has all of this and it's for me the sim that better captures the Nords atmosphere, but I assume Reiza will add some of this stuff later.
    Also the z-fighting in some barriers is a bit annoying but that has been mentioned before.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I think you are right tbh. Less weight on the front just makes it more pronounced perhaps, but it seems like an underlying issue that is detectable in quite a few cars under certain conditions. For example, the V10 open wheeler would wobble away when you stopped quickly.

Having fun with the new Nords in test day though in various cars. The Carousel has some serious stutter in VR though (at least for me).

3. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Firstly thank you Reiza for Nords, it really is nicely modeled.. Hopefully you can get on top the shadow AA issue you inherited because it brings down your great work, especially with the amount of tree shadows crossing this track..

I have had this replay flicker issue since day one however it looks to be more extreme on Nords.. Anyone else have this issue too..?

See 8 second mark..

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Replay flicker is pretty intense at the moment I agree.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

On multiplayer I'm noticing other cars shaking a lot when watching them through the TV camera.

Anyway, the game is progressing well. I hope the GT pack and Nords, plus the ranking system and the custom championship tool - both scheduled to come until the end of the year -, can make AMS2 have a significant increase in its daily players number.

6. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

Don't worry, i think everybody has it. In replays cars sometimes look like a glitch in the matrix :D

• Like Like x 2
  7. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Sorry for having to ask , what is DS ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm guessing that it means Dedicated Server, and not a secret Nintendo DS build of AMS2

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

From the upcoming Citreon pack.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Great update and great work so far Reiza, but BOP GT4 class.....
    Camaro and the Cayman are near enough spot on but, what is going on with that stupid Mclaren.
    It's nearly 20mph/30kph faster on most straights whether long or short from apex to apex.
    And the brakes are absolutely garbage, just make it slower and make the brakes better, otherwise there isn't a GT4 class at all, more like pick the Mclaren and go 3-4 secs a lap faster without even trying.

• Like Like x 3
  11. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

you must have a very tiny HDD

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Last time I checked McLaren had almost 90hp more than the Cayman...

They will fix it.
    In any case I checked in a track with important elevation so, if some kind of altitude compensation is in place for turbo cars, that may partially explain the huge difference.

13. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Indeed, basically the 570S already has 130kg over the Cayman to compensate for its 70HP advantage, but on tracks with longer straights and specially in tracks of mid-to-high altitude it´s not enough as the altitude hurts the normally aspirated Cayman much more than the turbo 570S, so some further BoPing to do there.

We´re aware of the cars shimmering on replays on some cameras BTW, still chasing the source for that one.

• Like Like x 12
    • Informative Informative x 4
  14. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

It might have 90bhp more but it weighs a lot more, so should be near enough spot on power to weight after all GT4 is a controlled class, and as for elevation etc, it doesn't give you 3-4 secs a lap advantage, maybe 1 sec at most, but come on it says it was fixed in the release notes, and the GT3 class is even worse, seems the Mclaren stupidly fast in comparison.
    But yes I know they will fix it because Reiza always does, just a shame at the moment, Especially like you say on say Kyalami it is very noticeable crossing the start finish, it's like GT1 versus GT4.
    Still enjoying the game, love it so far...

• Like Like x 1
  15. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It may bounce a lot in real life, but I'm certain it is less unpleasant in real life than in a sim.
    The bouncing is really making driving that car on the Nords difficult and unpleasant (on other tracks it might be different). And it is even worse for the Porsche Cup.

16. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Without discarding the merits of those that find the bouncing excessive on the Porsches still, please do make sure to reset your setups to default for any of the new GT cars you drive after you update - if you don´t you´ll get old settings on top of new ranges and the cars may be completely broken as a result.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. sevenbelow7

sevenbelow7 New Member

I’ve got to say,the nords is without doubt the most detailed version Ive ever driven. The little pieces of track architecture is on another level. If you use VR it’ll blow your mind especially if you stand out of car and view the landscape. Also the physics update has restored my faith in this studio. CONGRATULATIONS !

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Retro Brabham. Dancing with the devil
    Deletion of docs folder and reset with new update start from scratch
    (last night)
    Short first impression in new default car settings.

:eek:Hell fire! 1st lap at the Nords cold boots.
    Coming off throttle to turn in the car will turn with ease and caught me out with oversteer.
    Coming off throttle with more ease than previously and a little trail braking the car imo is fantastic to drive and will change direction with authority. Also immediately noticed front brake forces not noticed before.
    FFB improved a lot.
    After a cautious 1st lap and warmer tyres 3 clean laps and real confidence in car.
    I have had no time to adjust diff or any settings, but with a small adjustment turning should be easy to suite personal preferences.
    Abrupt pedal and steering inputs will punish quite rightly more so than before, gently does it, and feel the car communicating. The powerband reqs very careful application of throttle in lower gears and the result is a fantastic balance on the limit. Even over crest around Hell a dance can be enjoyed. Just don't try on 1st lap:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

Just took the Caterham Superlight for a couple of laps on the Nordschleife and i have to say, at times AMS2 can really immerserve me in the driving experience (in vr that is) like no other sim does for me. There is still a lot of stuff to do, bugs to be fixed, cars to be tuned.

But at it's best it feels so real at times, the ffb is great (though i still think some custom files are a bit better than default) and i just love how the caterham drives. Can't wait to add some shakers to my setup.

Performance was good as well, just had one framedrop at the very beginning, after that it was buttery smooth, at least at the daytime i had set.

Thank you!

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll start from scratch too because for the 3 vehicles I briefly tested I prefered 1.5.1. These vehicles were the P1 G58, M1 and 911 GT3..

• Like Like x 2