1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.5.5 & Nurburgring Pack RELEASED, now updated to V1.0.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Andy Sperber

Andy Sperber Member

I watched that video:
    "
    Porsche 911 GT3 R - Nürburgring Nordschleife Lap Record
    Laurens Vanthoor; Porsche 911 GT3 R - Nürburgring-Nordschleife Lap Record - Manthey Racing

Here´s the math:
    I looked how long he took for the Nordschleife only, cause in that video he did the VLN layout.
    - Norschleife entry at 1:50 of the video
    - Finish 8:25 (VLN finish, but yeah a few secs up or down, maybe you know more...)

Difference between 8:25 and 1:50 (start of NS) = 6:35 !! THE RACEROOM and AMS2 LAP RECORDS, so insane. Sims are giving correct results. Hope you can confirm it, but if iam glad.
    No iamlaying the AMS2 record ghost (AMS2 in window mode) and the YT video side by side to confirm.

Happy AMSing boys and girls!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

thanks, if you can share, but I don't see any spin or lost of control like in rFactor 2, ACC, iRacing....

3. roemer7000

roemer7000 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 is not too easy! The extraordinary good forced feedback gives you all you need to handle the car right. In every sitiuation I know how to react and it's a reaction I would do in real life also. No other simulation gives me that feeling.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

so for you the GT3 are hard to control ? the Cup car too ? DTM too ? What about rFactor 2 ?

5. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

16:50
    that is the big difference in AMS2 it's impossible to lost control like that, it's why AMS2 is too much easy for me. And this lost of control we can have it in Raceroom, rFactor 2, AC, iRacing, but not in AMS2.

30:00
    the famous lost of control I can't have in AMS2.

0:55
    GT3 crash

6. Andy Sperber

Andy Sperber Member

RESULT OF VIDEO TO SIM HEAD TO HEAD: EXACT THE SAME TIME (99,9 i guess).
    AMS2 is very close to reality.
    AND YEAH iam doing the video right now to prove.
    Will upload it later...
    cheers

7. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

I only tested in Interlagos, I will test in a different track too.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Jebalkin

Jebalkin New Member

I wish we get setup system likewise in PC2 where we can choose between safe/aggresive, that way guys like me can feel like a boss and guys who cant spin, can spin. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

its really amazingto read all that contrary points.
    Some so called "pro's" say AMS2 is the same **** (sorry not my words) as pCARS 2.
    Understeery, snappy and uncontrollable.
    The other "pro" scene does not like it, because you cannot get the cars to spin, its like driving on rails.
    So whats up? you funny pro sim racers :):):):):):)
    Double trolling from 2 sides ??? o_O
    If you like trolling, please sync your arguments :p

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Just ignore :p

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

anyone knows how to make the Porsche GT3 more stable about the suspension ? With Nordschleife I hear regulary a noise, like if the front or back of the car constantly hits the ground with most of the suspensions moves (I understand now the bouncing issue).
    And behind my car there are sparks when I hear the noise, when the car hits the ground even in a straight line :

spark1.jpg
    20201115023012_1.jpg
    20201115023023_1.jpg

I can't edit the front/rear height, it's locked

EDIT : fixed by reducing the "Collision sound" to 25. Now I don't hear the noise when the car hits the ground

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  12. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

Thank you to have noticed this.

Both are right I think, the driving feeling in AMS2 for me is closer to Project cars 2 than rFactor 2. Particulary when you see that the custom FFB makers are working on Project cars 2 and AMS 2 to try to give the same feeling.
    And I like Project cars 2, it's not a **** for me.
    But we don't have the same control over the car, it seems limited in AMS 2, particulary about the oversteer and spin. Even in Project cars 2 the control feels 'unleashed'.
    I have found the same snap oversteer with formula in AMS 2 like in Project Cars 2. I don't like for the moment the Formulas in AMS2.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

Don't know about others, but I do not like trolling and that's the last thing I would try to do on this forum considering my respect for Reiza. I'm genuily trying to understand what it is that I feel is "off" about some cars on AMS2 but I myself cannot understand it so I can't also explain it very well either.

They can feel both easier in some ways and more difficult in other ways compared with other sims, and that's why you have contraditory points. With the GT3 cars on the limit, you sometimes either have what it feels like all the grip in the world and no throtle/brake oversteer, or you have unrecoverable snap oversteer... there's no much inbetween, that on-the-limit zone in other sims where you can slide on throtle or on the brakes in a controlable way and be able to drive smooth on the limit almost doesn't exist with the GT3 cars on AMS2.

Because of this the sim can feel easy because you can do fast laps while overdriving the car all over the place, but it's also difficult to drive the car on the limit in a precise and smooth way because the limit feels "spongy" and you're kinda forced to overdrive the car. This does not apply to all cars in AMS2, but the GT3s do feel like this to me.

I do understand the contraditory points because I feel the same contraditory points myself while driving this cars, depending on how much I'm pushing them, but I don't know what's the reason and will often resolve to use words like "easy" or "difficult" even if the situation feels more complex to me than those words might suggest.

I know that after I post this I'll read it and think to myself that I'm not making sense, but if criticizing something I feel unsure about the sim while genuinely trying to understand what's going on (while not being able to explain myself properly) is considering trolling then I'll just see myself out.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. David Peres

double post please delete

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For stock car 2020 and the older one Reiza had feedback from real drivers like R Barrichello :)! Probably the best cars in AMS 2 at this point.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Andy Sperber

Andy Sperber Member

AMS 2 - Nordschleife GT3 World Record SIM vs. RL - HEAD2HEAD

Hello dear Reiza/AMS-Community!

In this Video i want to show you: "AMS2: Mercedes-AMG GT3 vs. RL: (Laurens Vanthoor) Porsche 911 GT3 R"

Iam blewn away how good AMS2 is and how good the laptime matching. The new Nordschleife is top notch even if i think there are coming some track cosmetics in the near future. Thank you Reiza and Laurens!! Andy (AMS2 so good, raking, safety rating and MP infrastructure and we are ;) )
    I know the finish is the Nordschleife Finish vs the VLN finish, but u see they are quite the same timewise.

cheers ANDY

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. David Peres

@Andy Sperber - are you sure you posted the right video? o_O Because that video is the most perfect video example of what I think is wrong with AMS 2 GT3 cars I've seen so far.

The real life video is smooth, precise, there's no overdriving going on, but in AMS 2 the movements are so jerky and sudden, the car moves in an exagerated way, takes too much curbs, it's sometimes even going on the grass... it's being overdriven to hell and back and still achieving a world record time and it looks nothing like the RL video because if the RL driver overdrove the car like that he would unbalance the car too much and his time would suffer.

Now compare that to this video - In this case Raceroom is probably a bit too smooth, but it's still looks much closer to the reality of how the real car is being driven;

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Andy Sperber

Andy Sperber Member

Hi my friend! You have strong points. I agree that Raceroom is the dopest, especially when it comes to smoothness and things from germany. So i must say my post was more laptime related, cause some ppl said Racerom / AMS2 are faster than RL.

I love Raceroom and AMS each for their own reasons and AMS2 is a baby compared to it, but a good seed. (In AMS2 I find classic tracks Hockenheim & CO. with German Group A soo good, can´t wait for Group C)

I wanted to proof that GT3 AMS time matches to RL but there was no laptime of GT3 Rs till i found that video and i putted it together.

peace
    Andy

• Like Like x 3
  19. roemer7000

roemer7000 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No, GT3'S are not hard to handle. Every monkey can drive these cars like Sabine Schmitz said! I dont like GT3 cars to drive because they are to easy. Just in my opinion it's not that kind of Motorsports what I have fun with. I need to work with the car like the M1 Procar, the DTM's, the Caterhams or Formula Retro. That's racing...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd call your post considered reflection not trolling :)