1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nordschleife Graffiti (copy & paste from PC2?)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by McNeil00, Nov 14, 2020.

1. McNeil00

McNeil00 Member

First, the Nordschleife feels and looks awesome, but i missed many graffiti on the track. It looks like there is only the same from PC2. It's a joke compared to AC, rF2 or Real Life.

Many content looks like copy & paste from PC2. I don´t see a different in the cockpit between Mercedes and Porsche GT3 to PC2. I know, the base of the game is PC2, but I thought it´s only the Madness Engine.

At last, many cars don´t have night lightning in the cockpit for buttons, switches ... etc.
    Is this on your to do list?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

the DTM, Azure, are too PC2 legacy.
    It's what I've said, there is a very long road before being be the ultimate sim.
    Today it's for me what should have for a day one official realease.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

The assets were included in the Madness Engine license, so why not use them? No need to model your own cars if some of the the stuff you want to bring to your game is already there. Reiza took the models for cars and tracks and added their own physics and meshes respectively.

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it possible that they used images of the track that were older than when the other games were modeled? Is the asphalt too dark in some spots? There might be a few trees that are shorter than in RL too. Its minutiae.

FYI: there’s new custom FFB files for PC2 that put it near AMS2 in terms of feel. With it, the game is fantastic now. The physics is great, variety of cars and tracks is great, looks great, setup options for cars is great, it broadcasts telemetry for other apps better than all other games, it has Indycar, VR is great. Kerbs are slippy sometimes.

5. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Norschleife was overhauled in 2019. There is no reason why the 2020 version in AMS2 should match the much older version in AC.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 250swb

250swb Active Member

In itself it's a superb track and physics, but missing out the original start finish straight and loop, especially for the 1960's gen cars, it makes a race there a mockery. You start on a 'grid' that is meant as the out lap for track day cars, not a full field of race cars! Please Reiza finish the job!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. steelreserv

Maybe they edited out all the filthy german curse words, we all know how vulgar those Germans are...

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

just google nuerburgring grafitti.
    This grafitti are not permanent. Its an old tradition before the 24h races, that fans do very much grafitti. Some times the track was blocked for a period e.g. to clean a monster phallus some jockers painted b4 the race. Also not every driver likes it, as if its done in big areas with slippery varnish it could be a security problem when the track is wet. If its done with with chalk, it doesn't resist very long. After the race, while normal trackdays , the grafitty disappears slowly and one year later the story begins again.
    So, don't think, any of that permanent look of some other sims is real. It could be a snap shot of just one day or maybe just the representation of the fantasy of an artist ;)

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just had a look on Google satellite view and you are right, minimal graffiti, mostly clean asphalt.

10. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Whoever drew the massive phallus is a legend. Should definitely be in the game. B====D

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. steelreserv

Its becoming one of life’s little pleasures when people create a forum account just to flame AMS2 and then get destroyed.

Wolfgang Herold just blocked this guy’s shot into the15th row.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Wolfgang Herold

13. steelreserv

Basketball analogy.

14. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Next you're trying to tell us that graffiti wasn't there when they opened the Ring in 1927, come on now :p

15. Wolfgang Herold

nope. That are just facts.
    I also like it with much grafitti. But it seems, that some people have the wrong feeling, that only a full painted tarmac can be the real one and therefore this Nords is just a low quality copy of anything to them. And then "nag nag nag". Its the Nordschleife , its look changes day by day :p

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Off topic, but you might find this interesting: Two Guys and Some White Paint Keep the Tour de France Rated G

The Tour de France
    (and other big bike races) employs people to do this each day but they transform them into other things.

• Like Like x 1
  17. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm sure I read somewhere that in 1927 the German authorities found a very big member painted on the ground in the forest south of Adenau and decided to build a really cool road around it so people could drive really fast.. or did I just dream that...:rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Wolfgang Herold

i'm sure that was an twitter :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

Seems to me it's you flaming the OP. Exactly what any community needs, an opinion police jumping on newcomers.o_O

20. Wolfgang Herold

just read and understand. The first message was no flame, just informative.
    Now i have to flame you, because you are not able to read the essence of a message and blame someone for nothing. Ridiculous. Is that what the community needs?

• Like Like x 1