1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nordschleife Graffiti (copy & paste from PC2?)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by McNeil00, Nov 14, 2020.

1. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Haven't read Automobilista 2 V1.0.5.5 & Nurburgring Pack RELEASED! ?
    Historical version will follow, so then the old S/F straight and parts of the 'Betonschleife' (1st corner) will be part of NordS

2. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Judging from AMS 2's excellent historical tracks, and now the modern Nordschleife, the coming historical Spa and Nords should be fantastic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think these words are to strong,
    I don't think they have copy and pasted many content, the mesh used for Nords differs from the one used in PC2
    perhaps the road texture is provided by the Nordschleife, and that is why the texture is the same as the texture used in pc2, i didn't compare other tracks used in AMS2 and PC2.

4. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

Pretty sure they've already confirmed that a version with the old loop will be released and is in the works. Not idea what the timeline is for that.

I would recommend you take a drive through Bathurst on PC2 and again on AMS2. It is very obvious that it is copied from PC2, but it is even more obvious that huge changes have been made. Forest's Elbow section is COMPLETELY different, as is Griffin's Bend. I think that should make you feel a little better and have a little more appreciation for what is and isnt being done from one game to the other.

I've heard that AMS2 uses completely new road surface models, and that matches my experience with Bathurst. The AMS2 version of Bathurst is far superior to the PC2 version, which really does feel like they were just trying to push content out with no regard to quality. It looks better, it drives better, and it feels better. Feels like someone put some heart into it.

If that upsets you, then fair enough, but when I realized these were both created using the same assets, I had the same thought you did but a quick A/B comparison made it obvious how superior the AMS2 version is.

I couldnt care less what grafiti is on the circuit. The AMS2 version definitely feels different and drives differently, and in a good way.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

In no way did I flame the OP. (Perhaps I misused the word in regards to Wolfgangs post, as I am sure that was not his intent either.)

There are honest reasonable opinions, and then there are opinions expressed like fact in which the poster's true intent is to simply denigrate AMS2, very often unjustifiably and based on misinformation. Some people choose to stand and watch, I don't.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

I don't think this place needs some keyboard warrior on the mission deciding who's posts are honest and true.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. steelreserv

I'm sorry, but are you recognizing the irony here? You're literally doing the same thing you are accusing me of doing. Wth is your problem?

• Like Like x 2
  8. steelreserv

All I did was defend AMS2 by saying PC2 analogies aren't necessarily negative. Made a joke. And clumsily expressed my admiration for Wolfgang's factual post.

Where is your value added to the topic? All you've done is label me. But if you think I'm a pushover and I'm going to let you vent out all of your frustrations with all other forum threads throughout history and label me as "opinion police" and a "keyboard warrior", you're mistaken chum.

9. Jebus

You're accusing the OP creating an account here just to flame the game. That's my problem. Who are you to make such calls?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You have to admit that someone with posts in the single figures bursting in calling the Nords track a joke is pretty uncool.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. steelreserv

Personally, I don't appreciate when anyone calls a game I like a "joke" or makes blunt factual claims about "real life" with the purpose of shaming the developers (and by association the community at large). I'm also a PC2 fan (for reasons stated) and he broadly concluded that that's a bad thing as well. You could have 100+ posts or <10, my reaction would be the same. The fact that he is new is of little consequence and was a throw in.

I understand where you are coming from though. We all want a community that is inviting and accepting. However, there are lines of behavior that people cross. Perhaps your line is further back than mine and you're more accepting of baseless defamatory conclusions. Me, not so much. Anyway, I'm entitled to my reaction, the way I see fit and you are entitled to yours.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Jebus

That I agree, though I don't see what post count has to do with it. Is it ok thing to say to someone who have 1000 posts?

But seeing his post history and accusing him flaming the game is factually wrong and even less cool.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. steelreserv

I didn't accuse him. He tried to flame the game, that's a fact. My response was actually quite measured.

I didn't read his previous posts. The fact that he was new is, like I said, nominal to the point.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

no flame under 100 :whistle: :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  15. steelreserv

Hi Jebus, clicking "disagree" on all my posts doesn't make you right. I hope that one day though you, me and the OP can all be friends.

I make a seriously good cup of coffee.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. steelreserv

I'm trying to stay cool Jebus...

Nurburg ring

17. McNeil00

McNeil00 Member

With my little "critic" I never said the game is sh...
    I love AMS2 and I loved PC2 for his content. A fusion of both was a perfect VR game. I hope AMS2 becomes LeMans content.

I think Reiza said they will make a perfect Simulation with help of the community. That was the goal of SMS for the first PC, too. I was in the crowdfunding for the game. They released the game too early with content that not finished. And you see what PC3 now is.

AMS2 have potential like PC back then. I scared that this end again in a unfinished game.
    Currently I see that Reiza released unfinished content and begins with new before they finished them like cars with no nightlight in the cockpit. With the roadmap for the DLCs, they have no time to finish them and someday they forget it forever.

I hope that will not end so.

P.S.: sorry for my bad english.

• Like Like x 4
  18. steelreserv

Not speaking for PC3, but honestly, if you have PC2, try Karsten's Silver Custom FFB.

If you still think PC2 is still enough of a disappointment to use it to black flag AMS2 afterwords, fair enough. I spent the last 3 months playing PC3 because of the new FFB and I put AMS2 on the shelf. More content, more tracks, decent MP lobby (for GT3 at least). That game died due to crummy FFB. Noone gives it the time of day anymore. It continues to be the punchline of the sim racing community. It really is up there now IMHO due to Karsten's FFB file. (FYI AMS2's FFB is better (but not by much) and it has a lot more potential because of it).

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. McNeil00

McNeil00 Member

pCARS stands for "Community Assisted Racing Simulator". In PC3, there is no more Community involved and all say it´s more Arcade as Simulation. It not stands for his name anymore. It´s SHIFT3.
    That wanted I say.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. steelreserv

I don't think anyone is confusing PC3 with its origins. Its just market branding at this point.