1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.5.5 & Nurburgring Pack RELEASED, now updated to V1.0.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

And RaceRoom.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

And Total War games, and Paradox games and Il2 Sturmovik and... well, let's just say it's fairly standard practice

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

MS Flightsimulator 120GB +
    Forza Horizon 4 96GB Standardedition w/o DLC
    Excuse me, what's the name of that planet you're coming from? :confused::):)
    gamespace.JPG

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. Noro Ardanto

Noro Ardanto New Member

R3E does that

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm loving the GT3 cars on Nurburgring GP strecke!

Any chance of Norisring? Ill pay! (Sry couldnt resist)

6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

LOL during the 12 hours race the Porsche GT3 had a failed LR damper in the last hour and it really looked like ours before the fix :D
    I think they still managed P1 though they were helped by P1 and P2 hitting each other at the restart after last FCY... :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

LOL.. Admittedly is confusing but you need to think about your TC as allowing a certain amount of longitudinal slipping (in percentage) by your tires. Once your mindset is there it will make sense to raise the value to allow a more lose car. Usually as a rule of thumb a 20% or around that max slippage is using all of the tire capabilities while providing some safety net for the driver. Then adjust from there as you feel you like it.
    It comes from the fact that slippage in engineering terms is expressed exactly through a percentage (or a ratio or sometimes an angle when it's about lateral slippage)

8. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Automobilista 2 V1.0.5.6 is now live - this is a hotfix to complement and correct a few issues with the latest update.

A setup reset to default on Porsche cars is in order for the latest adjustments.

V1.0.5.6 CHANGELOG
    • Added Nurburgring 24h Endurance Layout
    • Added support to order Vehicle group filters alphabetically (original sorting)
    • Fixed class list scroll bar on Vehicle browser
    • Fixed helper spring implementation bug causing deflection to subtract from vehicle´s suspension travel (fixes issues with Porsches bouncing on bumpstops & AI cars occasionally rolling because of it)
    • Adjusted Porsche Cup FFB max force
    • Adjusted engine compression curves for Mercedes GT3, Stock Cars, Montana (slightly reduced engine braking in all)
    • Adjusted Traction Control base slip to allow for more slip before system kicks in
    • Porsche Cup AI wet tire callibration pass
    • Nurburgring / Nordschleife various fixes & adjustments to render and materials; tweaks to outer terrain geometry & grass/terrain texture blending, car park around Youtube corner, LOD distance tweaks, fixed grasscrete material in GP segment; reduced Reduced tire barrier flickering for Nordschleife layout; adjusted some TVcameras to minimise shimmering issues (still more to fix)
    • Camaro GT4R: Corrected brake and tail lights color
    • Mercedes 190E: Fixed cockpit red materials
    • MetalMoro AJR: Fixed head and brake lights
    • Super V8: Fixed head and brake lights

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 25
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

@
    that's just Perfect!
    @Renato Simioni any info on custom liveries and also, for people with gpus with a lot of memory available, would be possible to add an Ultra setting with even better texture for track, environment, tires etc?
    one thing that I still notice is that some cars have no chassi sound and wind, gt cars mostly, and the porche gt3 beep when reducing gears too fast is barely audible. the chase camera mutes all external sounds, could you share some info about it too? thanks in advance!

10. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  11. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

Tried the Porsche GT3 and it is indeed better now. It will still bounce a tad more if you hit a curb for example but much more predictable and with less rebounds than before and more believeable.

If one assumes that a little bit of bounciness is a characteristic of this particular car, which i don't know as i have never driven one (people just claim it from real life racing broadcasts etc.), it's definitely closer to reality than before.

Did also try a short race against the ai and so far it was fine, did not get punted off the track even and was able to get some nice side by side action.

Though the Cayman GT4 felt different and i don't know if that's just my imagination. Much lighter on the steering and not as planted as before. Not floaty either but somewhere in the middle. Not particulary worse or anything.

I did reset setups but did not delete the folder under documents, might give that a try later.

24h layout obviously is great :rolleyes:

12. rd.king

rd.king Member

still no LED's on the dash of the Camaro.

13. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

seems to be more effort than just soldering two pins ;)
    Be patient

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

The Porsche GT3 is so much better now and a joy to drive round Nords. You can nibble the kerbs and really attack the track. Great job Reiza!!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

GT3 mclaren = lovely

GT3 merc = great racer, cool car

GT3 Porsche = close to awesome, just a bit to hard bouncing, felt through FFB by hard hits suspention wise

i set Porsche gt3 setup all BUMP STOP to 0 mm and it helps.
    (I am realy not into setups. Came just to my mind to be honest just because in pc2 these were also better at 0.) :p

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. rd.king

rd.king Member

Luckily this car is still under warranty

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

Thank you for the update.

I like the reduced flickering for the tires barrieres, even if they are still a little bit present.

I appreciate the base TC update but with the GT3 for 100% TC it doesn't allow the lost of control like in all others games, even in Project cars 2.

16:50
    in 2nd gear, in a turn with full throtte we have to spin, in AMS 2 it's a rail we can't spin. It's too much easy. That's the test to make the difference about SIM and ARCADE. Rfactor 2, ACC, iRacing, Raceroom, and even Project cars 2 have succed the test, Forza 7 too ! Only AMS 2 has failed, and it's not a good thing. It's more obvious when you compare the rF2 bundle with AMS 2, you can spin with throttle in rFactor 2, but it's impossible with AMS2...

About the steamchart, the peak players have raised, but honestely, AMS 2 in this state can't have official competition like for ACC or rFactor 2 or iRacing, the driving feeling is not challenging. I have the feeling that in this state AMS 2 is not for the rFactor2 or ACC high/med skilled players. That's maybe why AMS2 is the game the less played game, even Project Cars 3 has the spin control....

I have noticed that only the rain in AMS2 can simulate the hard control like in the DRY condition in rFactor 2, for the Porsche cup car for example, each time I switch to rFactor 2 or ACC, it's obvious how hard are the cars to control.

The shadows are always awfull and full aliasied, I will appreciate a new "extreme" setting for rtx 3080 or + owners, but I race with FOG to "appreciate" the Nordschleife beauty (it means to hide the awfull shadows).

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Do i hear ,nag,nag,nag....;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  19. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I was getting a really noticeable flickering on the cars during replays (trackside cameras). Not sure if this relates to above, but it seems much better on the latest build.
    So, thanks!

20. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Finally we got lights!
    Thx guys and also thx for the alphabetical sorting for vehicles, the new one was driving me crazy a bit.
    Always a fantastic car to drive this P1 AJR, so underrated.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1