1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camera too bumpy

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by WhippyWhip, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Pretty sure once a good solution is found for cockpit view, they will extend it across the other cam views.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Funny to see so many user experience this problem but still no solution by the developers.
    Luckily for me I don’t get motion sick (anymore) my brain has adapted thanks to my VR time. But the cam bouncing is just way to much. Also my eyes don’t like all the movement. I think this has to do with getting older. A couple of years ago I did not had any problems to view spectacle movies in an IMAX theatre. Since 2 years I can’t. Way to much movement to be comfortable. It does not make me sick but I get very tired.

3. Doug Ritter

Doug Ritter New Member

Glad to see that I am not the only one. The game gives me a headache after a few minutes, I feel like I am going cross eyed from all the shaking. I do not experience this in any other racing game. I am running on triples, but have run VR a lot in the past. I did notice that before I had my FOV set correctly, I didn't have these issues, as everything was not as "close". I am wondering if VR users and those with Triples that they sit close to and have a wide FOV are having the most problems. My eyes are less than 2 feet from my screens, and I have a 180 degree FOV.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. blanes

blanes Member

Yeah I thought it was fixed but actually is not, just as bad as ever.

I think the devs must only have worked on it in 2D mode. They need someone there at Reiza who is interested in VR and regularly enjoys racing VR so they can see & appreciate the problems those of us affected are having.

I love their passion for AMS2 and making it better ... but frankly very disappointed they appear to have no care at all for our problems in VR and that it physically makes us sick.

It is NOT a joke ! :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

But the problem is also game destroying in 2D.
    At least on a lot of tracks.
    But its easy to imagine that its probably even worse in VR:mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Agreed but in VR I do not have any problems with this cam behaviour. In pancake mode it is way to excessive. Take an open wheeler on Adelaide.. man my eyeballs start hurting because they have to work so hard to tone down the shaking. :D
    Could also be my age of course. Haha old eyes, not that flexible anymore.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. blanes

blanes Member

What makes it even worse for me in VR is that I use motion. You would think that would counteract the shaking but actually it does not.

I had been using a Next Level Racing V3 Motion 2dof for past 4 years - excellent piece of sim racing kit btw - and only in last 2 weeks got a new system using PT-Actuators on a TrakRacer TR160 8040 rig and now the problem has increased because there is much more movement of the whole rig.

Ironically I used to find rFactor2 worst for VR sickness as it has limited 'Lock to Horizon' setting but that is now better than AMS2 for me. And again, Project Cars 2 using the same Madness Engine is no problem at all in VR. Reiza must have changed something in the SMS code to introduce this shakiness and I wish it had just remained same as in pC2. ie. Locked to horizon on Zero and then adjustable with the slider.

8. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

I have tried so hard to make rF2 work in VR... I just cant get along with it.

I think after reflection, the reason Im okay with AMS2 is even though the car is shaking, my view doesnt appear to be shaking... so I see the car bumping but I am not expecting to feel it necessarily.

9. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Hi Blanes! So I have a D-box and find that the motion doesn't really make the view worse in most cases, or at least the physical movement makes some sense. AMS2 is among the hardest for me to tolerate in VR currently but, it's actually better now than it was some weeks ago.

Still, there are some cars that bounce too much (depending on tracks), where a more RHM type of solution may help. Hopefully any lingering suspension issues will be sorted over time.

For now, I might suggest finding cars with softer suspensions on smoother tracks to avoid issues but, I believe I've had decent results with World Movement in the 30-50 range.

BTW, how are you liking the PT-Actuator system? Which version do you have?

I'd like to have more travel but, am not sure if the tactile performance can match that of the D-box system.

• Like Like x 1
  10. rpstar

rpstar New Member

I can't play this game now. Jumps around like your are driving on a trampoline. Game is freaking unplayable making me sick and I'm using a monitor. Why was the world movement option removed from camera config? Is this a joke or something?

11. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

I havent installed the update yet, have they really taken the world movement out??? No way to play this game if they are going backwards on this:eek:

12. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Try this setting it's same as ACC for me no issues at all.

OFF High speed shake
    0 Head Movement
    YES Legacy Head Movement
    0-10 G-Force

Should help, i use cockpit camera, wheel and hands off, FOV around 80 ish, been great for me so far, because out the box it was awful....

13. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

World movement has not been removed, it´s been replaced by head movement and it´s logic inverted. If you enable the legacy head movement it is exactly as the original world movement, only with inverted settings (so say you used to run 75% world movement, you´d now use 25% head movement for the same results).

For those having issues, please make sure to share your settings so we can try suggest some adjustments, it´s hard to know what can work for you if you´re not sharing what it isn´t :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. mike reynolds

mike reynolds New Member

Hi all...I'm struggling with the camera settings, I play with TrackIR and what I'm trying to achieve is a "lock to horizon" type view, so don't mind the interior of the car bouncing as long as the camera and view stays put.... any advise please @Renato Simioni ?

Thanks

15. mike reynolds

mike reynolds New Member

OK so I've got it working without track IR using head movement 100...but as soon as I launch in Steam VR mode...world movement is fixed to 0 and I can't adjust it...is that right?

16. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

OFF High speed shake
    0 Head Movement
    YES Legacy Head Movement
    0-10 G-Force

• Like Like x 1
  17. MEVLÜT KOÇ

MEVLÜT KOÇ New Member

Since this is a camera thread, how about speed sensitive fov in chase cam? isn it weird? it carried over from pcars2 with reversed effect. it would be nice to have it just like it was in pcars 1. any improvement on this planned? i know this is a sim game but it wont hurt to have sim physics with standart chase cam like other games to appeal casual players.

18. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

I have noticed that in rFactor 2 Reiza bundle, even with zero head movement, the cockpit cams always shake....but the s397 cars not.
    So I guess there is a parameter in the Reiza cars, cause even in AMS2, with no head movement, there are still shakes, noticeable with the Fomula cars.

19. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

I'd like to have a minimum, subtle movement both on the horizon and the cockpit views at the same time. But it seems not possible yet. I always have to choose between the cockpit shaking too much or the track shaking too much (the worst and totally unplayable for me).

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. blanes

blanes Member

Hey Racenut :D Good to find you here Dean, yeah I have found the GT3 cars are best for me in VR but I always was most fond of the old F1's however the shake is just ridiculous... I will try some of the settings suggested but the illness I feel is so frustrating as AMS2 had become my No.1 sim for some quick races over my all time fave rFactor2 which I have grown to tolerate the strange movement in VR which has never properly feen fixed there either.

I really do not understand how old sims in VR like Assetto Corsa and both pCars nailed the lock to horizon yet rF2 and now AMS2 cannot. Why !? Maybe none of the Devs experience the problem so just do not understand what we are talking about ? I dunno but like others here I just cannot adjust and have had to throw some cars in the bin and stick to those that work ... maybe one day they stumble on the secret sauce that made the earlier sims driveable in VR without Extreme motion sickness ? That would be great ! I hate sounding so negative but I had hoped this would have been fixed a long time back now.

Motion Sim + VR = Sim Racing Nirvana :cool: I really loved my NLR V3 2dof motion sim and in some ways miss it as it was so easy to just setup and drive and the immersion and feel was always fantastic. However I bought 3 x Mega Monster PT Actuators together with the AASD Thanos Controller and Servos running on a Trakracer TR160 8020 Rig and man these things are beastly, just incredible, the power & speed plus granular feel of road surface and bumps took me by surprise I did not expect how superb it would be actually ! Takes time to tune properly and each car has to be fine tuned individually but the speed & range translates to a truly immersive ride. I have mine in the 2 Front + 1 Rear configuration which after much research and test I believe is the most accurate for translating physics of car movement. People using 4 Actuators argue about it but I wonder have they actually tried a 3 x setup and even those using 3 Actuators seem to go straight for the 2 Rear + 1 Front config for concern about weight distribution. I am also running the SRS app which is really good and similar in some ways to the Platform Manager which ran my NLR V3. Re the tactile feedback, I have a Jetseat Race Edition which I bought from a Russian guy who makes them and used to be on Race Dept. forum. It is a full seat cushion with six motors built in and I got rid of my Buttkickers it is so good. Went a bit off track here so apologies but relevant is some ways to the topics discussed. ;) cheers mate

• Like Like x 1