1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How the kick system works?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by F1 Hero, Nov 19, 2020.

1. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Can somebody explain this to me? What's the percentual of votes to kick a driver - and can it be changed? And after kicked, can the player rejoin the server immediately or is there an IP (or Steam name) ban for some time?

2. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

only on dedicated servers.
    There are whitelists and blacklists.
    And you can kick and ban

3. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Thanks for the answer.

But the option is there too on non dedicated servers. Is it not working? Last weekend I was on a server and people tried to kick a driver, but the kick votes had no effect.

4. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Clicking a player in the lobby or standings list in game opens the player interaction menu which can be used to issue a vote to kick that player. A 2/3 majority or a vote from the host is required to pass the vote.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

Other than being a complete tool to other racers, are there any specific reasons why hosts or participants would initiate a kick vote? High ping? Obvious difference in skill level? Or is it just open ended?

I haven’t raced online much and the etiquette (not wanting to be a ****) is something I’d like to avoid but if I got kicked for having a high ping or low level of skill it would be nice to know.

6. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

mostly to kick rammers and crashers.
    In pCARS2 there where often small teams of 2 or 3 idiots that made a crash fest of every session they visited.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

I see, so racing sims suffer the same idiocy that most multiplayer games suffer from. No surprises I suppose.

Thanks for the response.

8. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I was in a lobby the other day and some guy joined and instantly started making stupid political remarks (US election). Wish I’d known about vote to kick then.

In another lobby on another occasion and 2 guys joined with usernames that referenced the three K’s. Again, my perspective is anyone bringing that sort of nonsense needs to go.