1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Karsten, I can't see how dampening would improve things-if anything it might take some feeling away, I don't know.
    Gonna give these latest files a rip when I get round to it.

2. easy81

easy81 Member

nothing even 0.0 does not stop ... absurd

3. Dolphin

Dolphin New Member

Anyone know what the general concensus of what the AMS2 software gain should be when using a Thrustmaster T300? Default was 75 and I'm sure whether that would start cooking my wheel when using the Karts which I use a lot. I have it on 69 at the moment. Would appreciate some advice. Thanks.

4. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Edit : sorry i miss understood. i thought you were talking about tm control panel.
    in game is surly a matter of preference and not pre determined.

75 is considered most linear. cooking your wheel is dependent on how hard and high volume or gain you run in game on top of it.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  5. Dolphin

Dolphin New Member

Thanks for replying! I've got a feeling that i dont quite understand how the gain works tbh! I like the strength and feel of AMS2 in game gain of 75 for the 125cc karts on the kart tracks - but the karts tracks are soooo twisty I think my thrustmaster t300 is probably working much harder than gt cars going around interlagos for example. So yeah, trying to see what others peoples ffb gain settings are who mainly race the karts.

6. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

The latest version should def. have fixed that. I will check again.

7. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey Easy,

The only thing I could imagine could cause it would be the lfb 0 fix, if you have lfb set at 0.
    I just made it in a simpler, more stable way in the latest: https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/silver-raw-6-6-5-9-9-9-9-9-8-zip.10912/

You can try that & see if it helps you.
    Otherwise I'm afraid it's something in your installation that's causing the issue somehow, as I never heard this from anybody else.

-K

8. gazzy75

gazzy75 New Member

I'm using a Thrustmaster TX with default settings in Thrustmasters Control Panel.

Just wanted to say using your Silver Raw 6.6.5.9.9.9.9.9.8 - Momentum Rack 4.4 Mid Level file and more or less these settings above with this file has given me the best force feedback I've felt yet. Thanks a heap. I've tested with the AMG GT3, Porsche GT4 and Mercedes 190E on Oulton and Brands with great results.

It's getting late here but I'll give it more time tomorrow. Thanks again, very much appreciated.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Karsten Hvidberg

Hi Michael,

"feel" is not used at all in the code any longer, so I will remove it from the top section again.
    "acc_boost_feel"/"acc_boost_feel" adjusts the ffb based on acceleration/deceleration.

10. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry for quite late feedback, but maybe it was some weird thing w/ my wheel, as I tried again v9.7 earlier and it was great at 60-65/20-25/45 w/ the GT3. Will try v9.9 tom.

11. Michael Flemming

Michael Flemming New Member AMS2 Club Member

Wo oder wie kann ich die Dämpfung reduzieren?
    Die Dämpfung im Menü liegt bei 0

12. Karsten Hvidberg

Hi Michael, you are in luck :)
    I just made a new version where you can enable the damping slider in the file.
    Activate by changing "use_damping_slider" to 1 in the file. I have added it so it's quite radical at 0% and 100%. Setting the in-game slider at 50% matches what the file does when "use_damping_slider" is set to 0.

@Michael Enright, This new version also is of interest to you, as it adds flat-spots, adjustable by the fx slider as well as the variable "flatspots_scale" in the file.

Latest version: https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/silver-raw-6-6-5-9-9-9-9-9-9-zip.10919/

13. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, but, what 'feeling' do you get from this line? Not sure what it actually does to the FFB. Didn't know whether you could explain further, or I just experiment to get a feel for what all the lines do. Thanks again. Will try out the new file soon.

14. Karsten Hvidberg

The "acc" one will weaken the force based on acceleration and the value provided. If you provide a negative value it will instead strengthen the force.
    The "dec" one will strengrhen the force based on deceleration and the value provided. If you provide a negative value it will instead weaken the force.

In the latest I set them both to 0.

15. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Karsten. So, where to from here; 6.6.5.9.9.9.9.9.9 I think you gunna have to bite the bullet soon, eh? :p

16. Karsten Hvidberg

Haha, I would have hoped too, but unf. there are a few things that can be added that would take it up 1 more level when combined.
    Specifically 4 things that would each make for an improvement...
    It's a nice learning experience, so if time allows they will all make it in....
    Maybe you can guess some of them?

But you prob. mean in relation to the version numbers?
    It's a big dilemma.... The biggest problem there is, actually... Hmm... Not sure what to do...

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

:D As long as we get the great FFB, I really don't mind the numbering ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. psone

psone Guest

haha Karsten, its totally ok to skip a build number. If microsoft can do it, you can to. No one will judge you for it, honest! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, just make it 6.6.7
    Latest file is great btw!

20. Karsten Hvidberg

Great, thanks for letting me know. I made a radical change to tighten/Lfb control recently that felt great to me on my wheel base so was hoping it would for everybody else as well. It has the benefit of providing a lot more adjustment than was possible in the older way.

I think I have an idea for versioning, that will solve the "issue" in a slightly different way 8)

Best,

-K

• Like Like x 1