1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mclaren 720s GT3 accelerator

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Testeagle, Nov 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Testeagle

Testeagle Member

Accelerator doesn't work properly it takes ages for it to accelerate to the next gear the other GT3's are ok.

2. Testeagle

Testeagle Member

Now the Merc gt3 throttle doesn't work either

3. Testeagle

Testeagle Member

But the Porsche throttle does

4. Testeagle

Testeagle Member

5. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Might be an issue with your pedals, maybe.
    Check your clutch deadzone and calibration of your throttle.

6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Or maybe TC levels, if TC is fully active it basically stops the car accelerating like normal, is a little odd.

7. Testeagle

Testeagle Member

Thanks for the advice I've checked those things the Merc' is working again don't know why, but the McLaren is still doing it. My wheel is a Thrustmaster Ferrari 599xx alcantara 1 month old, every other game I've got works so I'm at a loss but thanks.

8. Testeagle

Testeagle Member

Today the Merc' works so it's become random but the McLaren is still doing it.

9. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

If it's calibrated badly in AMS2 it will still work in other games ;) It's weird tho that it works sometimes.

Maybe check TC levels like @F1Aussie suggested. Keep in mind that the lower the % is set, the more TC inhibits you, as you actually set the percentage of slip allowed. The only other thing I can think of is that you could try to reset your car setups to default. There was also the issue once that the handbrake (=extra brake) was somehow getting activated with the accelerator. I don't think the GT3s even have handbrake, but maybe have a look at that as well.

Is there any pattern to this behavior? Certain car types or shifter types, certain tracks, certains times of day or weather conditions? Strong winds, tornadoes maybe? :)

10. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yup, if you have TC in car setup lower than 10% that could be it.
    I hope Reiza will do something about it and how TC is setup as it is really confusing.

11. Testeagle

Testeagle Member

Thanks for advice I defaulted the setup and it worked so I did what you suggested and checked the TC took it back to %1 and that was the problem so thank you very much. I've never come across traction control in any other game do that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Testeagle

Testeagle Member

13. Testeagle

Testeagle Member

Thanks for the advice I defaulted the setup it worked then I took the TC back to %1 and that's what caused it to crawl along so thank you very much.

• Like Like x 1
  14. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I was about to say that the accelerator is working just fine... make sure your pedals are calibrated properly.

15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah I have never seen a Sim have TC inhibit acceleration this much, I think it must be a bug, hopefully it gets changed

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Testeagle

Testeagle Member

I've just discovered when ever I default the Mclaren the traction goes back to %1, so I have to save the setup to at least %20 I hope they discover and fix it.

17. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In my experience, resetting the GT3 McLaren setup always set TC to 20% and for the GT4 McLaren set it to 21%.
    Speaking of which, improvement must be made to set ABS/TC level for these cars, in a similar way than other sims having these cars. And not allow low TC values that make the car slowing down to a crawl, making it very confusing and looking like it is a bug.

• Agree Agree x 1