1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree. You're doing an incredible job. Still better than the improving default. Keep the improvements coming if you can. Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi Karsten,

I've been using the first xxxxxxx.9.4 and I like it.
    Then I tried the second xxcx.4 with the extra .9 in it, and it had oversteer/under steer effect.
    The latest xxxxxx.9.6 has a great brake effect. How can I combine these?
    And, why cant u call the next version version 7?

Thanks for your great work karsten. Simply amazing ffb.

3. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Hi LugNut,

I was not quite happy about the brake effect, but was just told by @Shadak how violent braking feels in real life race cars(he just races an m3 race spec the other day), so I will make an extra attempt at adding it in a better way than how it was.
    I can't call the next version 7, simply because I redicolously am sticking to 6.6.6 being the asymptote to the versioning... But I have an idea 8)

4. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Tbh its not super violent feeling per se, just "extreme G load" :)
    Im not sure what a good idea would be to make this into a FFB effect/force, its very difficult to convey longitudal forces to a wheel. But Karsten managed to fix the vertical forces in the center so I assume he'll come up with something here too :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Good afternoon,

wee bit off help required here all, I downloaded custom file in Karstens post #1255 and it was awesome on my TS-XW but I had to dial down the gain setting to around 40. That wasn’t the issue as it felt brilliant but I then had to shut down game as I hadn’t put crew chief on and when I fired it back up the ffb was gone and custom was still selected in menu. I dialled it back up to around its original 80 and it felt good but not as good as the initial feeling I had. Any thoughts on this? Have I missed something in the process?

Any help much appreciated
    Thanks in advance
    Baz

6. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey LugNut,

FYI I re-did those things you were missing and added them in to the latest version 6.6.5.10, along with a small bucket of other improvements.

Scratch that, fixed a few more things & added off-road detection to 6.6.5.11.

Direct link here: https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/silver-raw-6-6-5-11-zip.10990/

And an additional alternate scrub variation: https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/silver-raw-6-6-5-11-alt-scrub-zip.10991/

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  7. Clippy2020

Clippy2020 New Member

Mate, if you can link me that FB post it would be highly appreciated.
    I think my T300 is dead / close to dead, today I had full loss of FFB plus loud pitched noise, had to unplug the wheel. It still works, but I think something inside got damaged / broke. I do have warranty.

8. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Noticed the 'kerb-pull', is this new to this v6.6.5.11 (wasn't in the previous ver)? Is it removed in 6.6.5.11 alt-scrub? How can I lower it?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  9. Karsten Hvidberg

HI Sherpa,

Right, it's too much right now.
    You can lower by removing these 2 pieces:
    (+ 1 FL_bump_kerb)
    and
    (+ 1 FR_bump_kerb)

I will add some variables to control it better and make it possible to go even lower.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Karsten Hvidberg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Robbb74

Robbb74 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Karsten,

I do not have the time to test all the releases you are doing with the custom FFB, but I follow all of your posts and can only say I am so impressed with the things you do and the patience you do them with.

Many many thanks for your efforts and hopefully these files will inspire the Reiza-team to merge these with the default FFB ingame. You would deserve the credits for that!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks again. Was there a 'kerb_pull' equivalent in the previous version, and if so, what was the value? Perhaps I might put a tiny bit.

13. Karsten Hvidberg

Hi Sherpa,

No, there was not.
    But the latest is better anyways :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pieter Nienhuis

Pieter Nienhuis Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Karsten, thanks for your files ! Erm, how do i change the gain within the txt file. I would like to make it more or less the same as in the Default profile so i cab switch “seamlessly”

15. Karsten Hvidberg

Hi Peter,

Some cars match more than others. It's unfortunately not possible for me to make them all match well, since I have no information from Reiza and am not aware of any way to pull out information that would make it possible to match them up well. Also even if I had that information, the FFB calculations are not the exact same. It could have been somewhat achievable earlier by aligning with the Reiza Rack forces, but at some point recently Reiza made their own Rack very private. It used to be accessible from the custom ffb file, but that is not so any longer, instead we get what the rack information there.

Best,

-K

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello,
    I always seem to have a bit of vagueness during a slide and trying to catch it. What would I need to change/adjust in the file to have a more pronounced feeling of under/oversteer? Using Silver raw high end on osw.

Thank you

17. Karsten Hvidberg

Hi Elcid,

You can try and change this line:

(balance (* balance vel_mag_k_pull))
    to this:
    (balance (* balance vel_mag_k_pull (+ 1 over_steer)))

It might help a little.

18. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Hi Karsten

6.6.5.14 is fantastic, I hadn’t tried the latest few, as been trying in vain to make a seta tire based custom file.
    Nothing seemed to reduce the harsh road feel in default or various custom files. But this new scrub system seems to work much better for my wheel.

I need a little tightening, and fall off ,but this game ..cough ..Sim ;) isn’t so bad for dead zone.
    is the strengthen low no longer applicable?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  19. Lars Mars

Lars Mars Member

Has the ingame damper setting any impact on 6.6.5.14 or do we leave it at 0?

20. Karsten Hvidberg

Yes, the in-game damper now adjusts damping for the custom file as well.
    Setting the slider at 50% makes it "1", that is neutral, as it was before.