1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.6.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.0.6.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

That says it all.

2. Dady Cairo

Recalibrate your wheel and pedals.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

It depends on the classiciation iirc, for example GT3 in IMSA nd GT3 world challenges, there are some setup restrictions and for example you cant adjust diff except for preload, in ams2 you can change quite a lot of stuff but maybe its done as per Brasilian Endurance? Hard to say, maybe its a "fantasy classification"? Same with Porsche Cups, there are various events and championships with slightly different rules. I watched Porsche Cups when I was at IMOLA this year and that was a Swiss Cup championship, looked like a frankenstein event :D

4. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

Dude...now i feel stupid.

I deleted the documents folder (just to be sure) and after setting up everything again, if forgot to calibrate the wheel :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My Wheel is aligned, so it isn't a general issue.
    - Verify Integrity of Game Files.., (steam)
    - Re-calibrate your wheel,

6. Dady Cairo

Then do not forget to set your setup to defaullt before driving ANY CAR!
    Even so when you deleted your folder!:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dady Cairo

Yes i had 4 corrupted files,you should alway check that!

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

It's really nice to see the BMW in game now, even if it took a bit longer than expected. Great job guys.
    One question though, am I right in thinking that I don't need to completely remove the documents folder and that I only need to reset the setup for the cars which are mentioned in the change log?
    I really like playing around with the setups in this game and having to reset them every few weeks is not really ideal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. sk8

sk8 Member

Yeah was wondering if it's something like that. Seems weird to limit suspension adjustment on a race car of gt3 cup caliber. I have also noticed that the porsche's ffb works way better with the gain cranked up high compared to other cars. No more floaty feeling now. Just wish the devs could let us know if the suspension will be adjustable in a future patch or if that's the way it's meant to
    be. Feels like the cup cars are tuned for tracks like Hockenheim and Nurburgring.

10. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just reset the setups in garage. I would only delete the AMS2 If you think you’re having ffb issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

Ah okay. But that would only be necessary for the gt3 car, right? Or all the cars if you want the proper tires pressures.

12. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

I have deleted the files within Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\{some_number}\automobilista 2\tuningsetups that should make the trick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

All those delete things and reset default setups after an update are only needed if you use modified setups, right?
    So if you never touch setups and only use default vanilla settings there’s no need to do anything after an update, right?

14. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

Well...in theory, yes.

I have experienced ffb issues after some of the latest updates and therefore made it a habbit to just delete the folder after bigger updates.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You're right, the only thing needed is to use the "reset to default" option in de Vehicle setup, You have to do this because the ranges of the setup sliders can be changed in an update. I think it couldn't harm to do this if you just use default setups.
    I never delete the "things", only needed if you have some strange unsolvable problems, (or if it is asked for in the release notes)

16. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am loving this sim more and more every day, but is anyone else experiencing the same thing as me?

17. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

It's sad that after all the delays the M6 is another car with sound issues.

In general the sound is pretty good but there are distortions and sound crackling in the middle of the rpm range, basically the middle third to be more precise, which are even more pronounced when modulating the throttle. Oh, it also happens on shifting.

I really wonder if nobody notices this stuff when testing before release? Come on...

18. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

That's the thing, I do use modified setup. I spent quite some time on getting a setup just right and having to practically delete that work is a bit frustrating.
    I realize that a change in physics will also change the setup, but having to start again from scratch every time is just annoying.

19. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm certainly not torching all my carefully fixed setups for every car. Just check the default setup for what the default pressures should be and update those to your favourite setup maybe?

20. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Can you succinctly tell us the issue - not inclined to watch 15 minutes of a man in a vest waffling in his bedroom!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1