1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Hey Kuku,

Happy to hear it works on your base, strengthen low has been removed, yes, instead the LFB now works to strengthen the center more gently than the old one, the idea being that strengthen low & "old lfb" are merged in to this new lfb control.

So try and adjust lfb up and see if it works.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lars Mars

Lars Mars Member

And what happens when set at 0?

3. Karsten Hvidberg

As I remember(I'm out) I made it so slider at 25% is 0 and slider at 0% is -1. So below slider at 25% it acts opposite, just like fanatec negative damping. It was for the fun of it but also to learn if any ody would actually ever use it I made it that way.
    Technically, at 25%(the 0 damping I think you ask about) it will not contribute any damping positive or negative, so it will not actively precent the wheel speed accelerate no matter the speed it already is at.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Lars Mars

Lars Mars Member

Maybe you should put this info also on the first page ;-)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT New Member

That's not super obvious. Some documentation would help unless you are planning to fix this.
    And damn, the last preset is a total FFB transformation. Thanks for doing this, resurrected written off title for me. What in game settings do you use with SC2?

6. oli65

oli65 New Member

Karsten, the 6.6.5.14 is absolute amazing. To feel exactly the scrub during over and understeer, allows to control better the car. Thank you very much.
    Is it possible to have the same feeling in pcars2 or doesnt allow the ffb infos from the game this?

7. Karsten Hvidberg

Hi Oli,

Yes, I have it almost ready for PC2 as well now. Will post in the usual places within the next hour or so.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Karsten Hvidberg

Hi Andrew,

Great to see you here too! :)
    I agree & have just made next version fix it so damping at 0% means "neutral", like it was when the slider was not used. Any higher than that only adds to it.

Direct link for latest version: https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/silver-raw-6-6-5-15-zip.11121/

My in-game settings for SC2 pro:

Gain: ~25% for formula cars, ~30% for P1's, ~40-45% for most other cars. When having the wheel base at 100% force this allows the most free range for high downforce cars. The custom file will exploit it so you really feel the difference from super light to super heavy in a high df formula car for example.

Fx: 50%

Damping: 0%

Lfb: 0-10%, depending how strong I want the center to feel vs the high speed cornering force. The custom file uses a different curve than most, so when you set the LFB % higher, you can lower Gain and achieve a lower high speed cornering force, if you find it too high. And opposite. Set LFB low if you want a normal center with higher forces on cornering.

In TrueDrive I have set maybe ~4% friction or so and recon at 1. No other filters.

You should try the "Silver Project" file for PC2, btw. The gt3 cars feel incredible. It feels like a new game. I am posting an updated version in a short while on race dep.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jens E.

Jens E. Member

feels like a dead fish (my personal opinion after testing some of your custom files).
    feeling around center and when streering from center is complete unspecific.
    like driving a boat or sliding on a icy road.
    :(

10. Karsten Hvidberg

Heh, ok. Did you try comparing to any real car? If you want the straight on game feel this file is def. not for you.
    I'm not sure which wheel base you are using, that plays a role. Another issue is the general suspension/bouncy stuff that will only get better when Reiza gets around fixing it. Sorry about that.
    You could try the "Silver Project" files for PC2. The suspension/bouncy stuff is much better there.

But anyways, luckily you have many options for other custom files or even Default.

11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT New Member

Thanks Karsten, testing new release now. FX is a bit too much for me at 50, but it's all subjective.
    Found grip/no grip transition a bit abrupt during undesteer, may be make understeer effect less pronounced so some resistance is still there.

12. Karsten Hvidberg

Right, good point, I think a variable at the top is required for that as well. We all want it just a tad different :)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, just tried the new file after I did a reset and have to say I think I have found what I wanted. Maybe a bit more "lightness" on understeer but I am not complaining!

All hail Karsten (and everyone else involved!)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT New Member

Hmm, I think something broke with the latest one, perhaps some bug but I am getting molasses like damping with damper in game set to 0%. On a positive side, after switching to Default, the FFB is better than it was before. Gosh, this title is weird. o_O

• Like Like x 1
  15. Karsten Hvidberg

I changed the damper to be neutral at 0 instead of 50%, maybe you did not change yours back to 0 for the latest?

Reg. Default it's prob. because you have damper at 50%.For DD wheel bases 50% damping is required there.

I will change Silver to match Default.

And yes, at damping 50% Default is pretty good!

It could also be you changed to custom from Default in-game. That will seriously mess up custom as there's no way for it to pick up some required values. When switching in-game you have to "restart session".

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Jens E.

Jens E. Member

only my personal opinion, nothing against you as a person :)
    i will test the PC2 file and see what happend.
    i got a Argon+Lenze servo drive based DD wheel, so on the high end side (soon a SC2 Pro v2).
    i think the most problems came after Reiza deceided to change the FFB 2 or 3 patches ago...
    before it was perfect...
    EDIT: and yes they really need to fix finally that bouncing/jumpy stuff...

17. Karsten Hvidberg

Agree, I think it's the single biggest issue holding this title back from an FFB perspective. Fixing the weird suspension & making it far sportier is going to make a huge difference for both Default & Custom, I believe.
    Driving V10 seems to confirm that. The formula cars with little suspension feel far better in all FFB setups, imho.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Karsten Hvidberg

Ok Andrew,

I added the changes you suggested directly & indirectly + as bonus more tyre feel.

* Damping closer to Default, so on DD you can just leave it at 50% for both custom & default.
    * Front grip feel less at first and then more progressive towards full grip loss. Also added a variable near the top to adjust "front_grip_slip_feel_coeff". Adjust to 1 for linear(how it was before) and lower than the 0.6 to be even less lossy at first & more towards full grip loss. Set it at 0.6 by default, feels much better to me, so thanks!

Reposted, so link has changed: https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/silver-raw-6-6-5-16-zip.11128/

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  19. Karsten Hvidberg

Please notice I have reposted the file with a fix for the fx slider.
    I had by accident put it so it did no longer adjust the bumps etc.

Updated repost direct link: https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/silver-raw-6-6-5-16-zip.11128/

20. Karsten Hvidberg

Jens,

I came to think of one thing that might help a little.
    The custom file is made so the LFB slider is meant to be used for strengthening the center. Here it's not "better" to keep it at 0%, thinking it's then all linear & "the best".
    The LFB slider with this file is to be used to make the center feel exactly as you need it to. It's an added adjustment option when using this file, also for DD wheel bases, unlike the Default.

Maybe you already did try & use it, but if not, give it a shot. No problem putting it at 5% or 10% on a DD & much higher on non-DD bases.

Just a thought.