1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invisible online lobby

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by chris Belfield, Nov 4, 2020.

1. chris Belfield

chris Belfield New Member

When looking for a specific lobby (SRO Simracingonline) which I’ve used successfully within Rfactor2, I find that it is invisible within the lobby listings most of the time in AMS2. Whilst I can see numerous lobby’s every time I run the sim this one simply isn’t there. It does appear occasionally, but usually after I’ve “refreshed” the lobby list about 20-30 times.

I’ve even had it appear, done an immediate refresh, and it disappears, never to be seen for another 20-30 refreshes.....if I’m lucky.

Of all of the other lobby’s that show up, I’m able to log in and race without any issues, but SRO seems to be invisible almost all of the time.

I really like this sim, but if I can’t use it within a specific lobby it’s of no use to me and will force me to request a refund from Steam.

can you someone shed any light on this annoying issue?

2. chris Belfield

Has anyone else experienced this?

3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Dunno.
    Because you have to know the lobby name beforehand - otherwise you dont see what you dont see.
    Because you didnt know it should be there;)

4. chris Belfield

Not quite sure I made myself clear here. I know the the specific name of the server, and I also know it is running (because I was chatting on a forum with others who were logged on to it at the time) therefore I expect to see it within the list.....but can’t. If there was an option to “search” for a server it would help enormously, but Reiza studios didn’t include one.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Yeah yeah.
    I did understand this.
    But if you ask us if "Has anyone else experienced this?" then we need to know the exact name of some "invisible" lobby to know what is not there.

6. chris Belfield

I put the name of the lobby in brackets in the first post. Is there something else needed?

7. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

Some jokers can't read ;) :p

Yes it happens. Sometimes i have to start our dedicated server 2 or three times until everyone can recoqnize it for a league race after reconfiguration.
    For pCARS DS's ther was a hint to set the ping limit in steam to 5000, but afaik its standard set to this value. I hope Reiza devs can find the cause.

8. chris Belfield

So is it a known issue then?

9. sevenbelow7

sevenbelow7 New Member

Yep defo a problem. I can no longer find RD's server and whilst on discord speaking to other people who are already on the server I refresh and still nothing.

10. Sarah O'Brien

Sarah O'Brien New Member

I can rarely see any dedicated servers, i think the most lobbies i have seen is 12 with one dedicated server, cant find the league i was to supposed to be racing in, I can find it in steam and double click on it, that takes me to the game but still no servers. i have spent all day trying various things all to no avail... frustrating just doesnt cover it