1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too much slip exiting hairpins

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by SlowPoke80, Nov 30, 2020.

1. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

It's in every RWD car I can think of. Even cars that have their TC set to 1% slip will spin if you just floor it. The natural behavior in that situation would be for the car to have excessive understeer. I don't know if it's a problem with the tire model or the aerodynamic model.

I remember watching F1 in 2005, when they had the crappy grooved slicks and rudimentary TC. They would just stand on the gas, and you could hear the telltale gurgle. The cars remained stable.

2. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

Not saying you're wrong, but this is very weird too read considering I generally think the exact opposite about a lot of cars in AMS2. I find they usually have way too much grip when you're cornering and going full throttle at the same time. Not true for all cars, but a lot of those that I drive... so maybe you and I are just driving different stuff in AMS2.

If you watch some onboard videos of real cars that show pedal inputs you see that when exiting hairpins they usually start with just a bit of throttle on the apex then gradually increase the throttle and when they are about to properly exit the corner is when they fully reach 100% throttle... it's not immediate 100% all at once, even in a modern GT3 car with electronic aids, as you can see in the following video (pedal inputs on the sides of the dashboard):

But like I said, maybe you're just driving different stuff than I am, because my experience is the opposite. Cars like the Porsche Cup and Procar allow pretty much immediate full throttle while exiting corners and I feels it's a bit too much.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

The Cup cars have their differentials set up for a lot of on-throttle understeer.

I agree that, in many instances, the cars in the game are too stable, but that's mostly at high speed. They generally seem too tail-happy in low-speed, high steering angle situations, when the TC is on. Without TC, yes, it's expected that they'd spin.

4. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Im curious about the preload and power ramp settings for the vehicle in question. Wheel slip is normal out of a hairpin, it doesn’t necessarily mean a snap spin though.

Also in RL, tire preservation is a factor and TC helps with this as well. So the vid is definitely interesting but not dispositive.

5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I dont think this general low speed low grip issue is worse in AMS2 than in other racing games.
    Maybe even slightly less pronounced than in some other wellknown games.:whistle:
    Automobilista 2 V1.0.5.5 & Nurburgring Pack RELEASED, now updated to V1.0.5.6

ByTheWay: If I interpreet the positive response of this post it looks like a lot of other does agree about this general issue.;)