1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 November 2020 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Great read. Very happy with this roadmap. :D
    2020 turns out to have some goods after all. Thanks Reiza..:p

• Like Like x 1
  2. memoNo1

memoNo1 Member AMS2 Club Member

Are the DLC routes all laser scanned?

3. latorre

latorre Casi siempre dispuesto AMS2 Club Member

Muchas gracias Reyza, buen trabajo:):):):)

4. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Fantastic dev update. Looking forward to the upcoming improvements.:hurrayreiza:
    Is there something to expect in near future, that we can use an ingame profile name to race online, instead of Steam profile name?

I'm usually race online with my real name in other sims. But changing my steam name to my real name is quite a No-Go for me.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. GJDriessen

GJDriessen Member

Very nice! Keep up the good work

6. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Here is one of the league/event runner. If this is the place to put recommendations(there may be a separate thread btw)
    What we actually lacking of are;
    1. We sometimes needed to restart the game while keeping the paces saved if one of us dropped due to network issues. A few times solved by everyone quitted and rejoined the server, in the first lap made our paces appropriately.
    2. To be able to change grid positions just before the race.
    3. Live stewarding
    4. Driver swap for endurance races.
    5. We usually close penalties since it may sometimes penalize races inappropriately. Maybe adding/removing penalties on the fly.
    6. Stable connection.
    7. Maybe adding an admin pass besides the server password, within the game which also allows for these kind of procedures to apply on the race.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Reiza, the previous improvements have been felt, it is true, you have some delays on the schedule, but I am sure that you will fix the residual problems as soon as possible ... in the meantime thanks for the excellent news and for the beautiful new cars coming out of the month from December onwards, the SPA circuit is a must ... and it doesn't matter if the hystoric versions of the track arrive a little late.

Given the above, while appreciating the new contents, I hope for a greater development of the basic and structural contents, such as:
    - perfect car physics and settings;
    - optimize even more the graphics and its setting options in the menus, such as enabling HDR in the game menu, being able to assign two keys to the same function (for example to use an additional sequential change without changing the keys in the options menu), etc .;
    - make the FFB take a step forward (which, although improved, still remains too vague) and insert the possibility of storing the FFB parameters for each car;
    - Consolidate and stabilize the current online game and then develop all the other features (rating, etc.);
    - Define the championship mode better so you can enjoy the game even more in single player mode;
    - Etc. etc. etc.

Regardless of my wishes, a big thank you to Reiza for the work done and for what to do in the days to come ... :hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Those GT1 cars. :)
    Can just be topped by Group C.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Tardis.jpg
    Renato on his way to the Historical tracks

• Funny Funny x 25
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@ToMythTo I've added your post to the Beta Multiplayer thread. Thank you for your suggestions. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Oh man this is fu** great.
    Until now I have only seen a Youtube with a hillarious humour-ish commentator commenting a rF2 race with Lotus 49? cars on the Spa 1970 Simioni are talking about.

ByTheWay: I cant fint the link to this video but but as said its so hillarious its worth looking for :D:D

EDIT: I found the link. Hehe its Gamermuscle - ofcourse.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Noro Ardanto

Noro Ardanto New Member

Please bring all the classic race cars from Pcars2 to AMS2
    Edit: At the least, Porsche 961 and Ferrari F40 Competizione :D

• Like Like x 2
  13. memoNo1

memoNo1 Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not talking about the Historic routes..
    Is it possible to get here an clear answer?
    I think nope.. want i the Season Pass? Hmm maybe.. looks intersting.
    But the question is again.. are the DLC tracks laserscanned or not? Yep NOS is..
    Spa will it be.. But what's with Silverstone?

14. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

My guess is that this issue is caused by something so deep down the Madness engine that Reiza cant solve it without more or less scraping the engine.
    Otherwise they would have solved it allready - because too many users have allready commented this is a gamestopper for them :whistle:

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, I have been thinking something along those lines... Although - and this is highly subjective, of course - for some reason it seems to have gotten worse and worse ever since the first Early Access builds. Either that or I have gotten incredibly sensitive to this within a few months (and I never had issues with this before, in any sim).

Still, I remain hopeful for a proper fix, because I consider AMS2 to deliver the most thrilling and fun driving experience... not to mention all that juicy new content! :eek:

17. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree. In Project Cars 2, the Panoz Esperante GTR-1 complements the rest of the GT1 cars nicely due to its uniqueness. But I never drove it in multiplayer because its handling didn't really "sit" with me (it didn't feel intuitive like the Porsche/Merc/McLaren). I would love to see Reiza give this car a well-deserved comeback.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Great development update, thank you.
    This, in particular, is great news :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

No word about suspension or driving difficulty like on rail ?

I guess the game is designed to be like that, and I believe more the ACC, rF2 or iRacing physics, than the AMS2 physics.

the AMS2 cars compared to the same cars with the rF2 Reiza bundle are so much easy, like on rail, and so bouncing.
    Try the MCR 2000 in AMS 2, impossible to spin with full throttle in every corner, in rF2, you will spin at the first corner with full throttle.

Good luck for the next year, you can only improve, AMS 2 is the top flop players count with steam, and I know why.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

REIZA, Keep On Going!
    Stay healthy and optimistic to reach all your (and my) ambitious targets!
    It's incredible what the whole team did in this not so easy year. It's incredible what was and is done from status EA to today's v1.0.6.1
    As always, good news and I can't expect the next update although it is really, really difficult to decide, which car, which track to take under my tires by now.

• Like Like x 3