1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.6.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.0.6.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Understand its v similar, but seems to be no speed difference, and ABS and TC don't work in Assists Authentic mode. Not a complaint, guess you guys are just working on it, i see in the discription in the UI that it now shows the car has ABS & TC under electronics, just wondered if i was doing something wrong, or if its just not quite there yet. Loving you're work btw, absoloutely fantastic!

2. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

I never have to readjust cockpit position. Once set it in a car I never have to reset it for any car.

3. Andy Sperber

Andy Sperber Member

TOP JOB REIZA, brake rework work wonders on my system, now braking it´s so good. Thank. Ahh next year is the year of AMS 2. With all the MP stuff and ongoing polish of that fantastic team. Thank you Team Reiza!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Others have said that too and others are like me where the position resets..

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried a Ginetta Cup vs GT4 mixed class race and I couldn't quite keep up with the GT4s, so I think there is a difference.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you only drive the same car on different tracks then it won’t reset. If you use different cars and adjust the camera position for all of them, sooner or later it’ll reset. It’s been this way since PC2.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

What do you mean with sooner or later? I just mean, that if I use 2 different cars, I can adjust both seats independently and whenever I switch cars, I don't have to reset them.

8. tpw

What I mean is that if I switch between multiple cars and tracks, eventually I find that one or more of those cars will lose their camera settings and will have to be readjusted. Obviously the problem does not affect you, but it certainly affects other users and has been complained about since it first reared its head in Project Cars 2. Just one of the Madness Engine quirks that Reiza will hopefully eventually get around to addressing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Tarmac Terrorist

Thats promising news!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Tarmac Terrorist

Ok so i did say id try out a few different combos, v different experience this time round, but think i was a little unfair on the A.I. with these settings maybe:

• Like Like x 1
  11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

How can this be? I change one car and the next is wrong, so i adjust that and now the other car is wrong!! Happens every time!

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Coanda

Camera behavior and seat positions are top priority in my book. It's important. I hope the devs fix this long outstanding problem as soon as possible and consider creating a proper camera adjustment UI that can be accessed whilst sitting in the car. Even a little thing such as finer pitch control would go a long way. Currently it moves a few degrees at a time when it should be less than half of a degree. Ideally 0.1 degress like the competition.

I am happy to see the recent announcement that more development focus will go into the game rather than content. There is enough content to keep everyone happy and I think it is time to start closing more of the bugs that have been hanging around for a while whilst starting to implement some the needed features that have been flaged.

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. 2ndLastJedi

Agree. Seat and FFB also per car to be saved.
    I wonder how far down the list the horrible aliasing and shadows flicker are :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. tpw

15. 2ndLastJedi

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

We are really spoiled today, to call shadows and AA "bad" in something like the Madness Engine...

(I can understand the complaints, but really, when thinking about it, it's crazy, "how far" it has become today and we will probably laugh about it in 15 years)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. 2ndLastJedi

I guess it like people complaining/crying they cant get a 3090 graphics card while currently using a 2080Ti o_O
    I sure we are going to laugh about many things of these years in not a to distant future !

18. CrimsonEminence

Meanwhile sitting here with a 1060 and a 1080p screen and still dropping my jaw everytime, i run a graphically more intense game, even if already 5 years old :D

Don't forget, the post is saying "now" after the not warrant for getting the attention. So it's on their scanners and not off the table. :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Coanda

What size monitor do you use..?

The AA is ok for me however the shadow AA on my 42" is pretty bad and I'm no AA nazi.. The night time shimmering is also a issue. It makes no sense to me because the engine does many things exceptionally well.

Can't they give the shadows a resolution bump..? I have so much GPU overhead and I only have a 1080 ti.

20. CrimsonEminence

27" directly in front of my face.^^

• Funny Funny x 1