1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 November 2020 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Totally agree. There are good feeling cars and others feeling less good/polished. Also it relates to that fact that different cars even in the same class seem to need significantly different FFB setting to talk to your hands and brains and this adds to a certain disorienting sensation.
    There is no fundamentally wrong or unresolvable issues IMHO. Just things to be further and better tuned with time. We just need to let Reiza do their polishing work. Rome wasn't built in a day. :p

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

I see no damage a ghost car can do to a race if he joins it in the middle. It can be at least an option. The lack of this feature is draining the multiplayer on public servers. Sometimes people just can't find a combo they like and where they can immediately drive. Then they give up and go playing offline. The idea is to make the multiplayer more populated. Public servers need to be a more fluid place. As I said, it can be just an option, for hosts who think the same way.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 3
  4. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

1999 GTR-1 Hybrid "Sparky" ....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Eric Rowland Fascinating stuff. The spectators were at risk almost as much as the drivers. It's nice to know that I'm not the only driver who lets the rear tyres get away from him and then hopes desperately that the car won't clatter the outside kerb...

• Like Like x 1
  6. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

SaxOhare, you disagree? Bring your arguments, then. What's the problem with a ghost entering the track during a race? Better this than an empty multiplayer.

Don't tell me the ghost will kill your "immersion". It's just a game. Not real life.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

So much damage. How do I know if the car is going to ghost? Happens all the time, one time I come near a car it ghosts then another I assume it will ghost and it doesn't! Disaster! WTF is with that?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Paint job was awesome. Performance errr... Well who cares about how fast a car is when it's so good looking?? :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I am eager waiting for more championships and the new Custom Championship feature. I am getting bored of MP. Lots of GT3's, always the same tracks and all that. People ramming, people leaving. Craving the old good AI again. Wondering what you guys come up with.

I also had an idea.
    What if we have Caterham-championship. It features UK tracks and last race (no points) features Spa or Zandvoort in real life. Lets say user has Spa DLC, so the Championship will feature Spa. But if the user doesn't have Spa DLC.. Perhaps the game could check that and offer another European track as substitute. This can be used with other championships as well. If the player doesn't meet a track it will look up with tracks are suitable and use them instead.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Forget about Spa and put Cascavel in place. It has the better Pouhon and a lap doesn't take ages to complete.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Haha. Dover - Calais / Harwich - Hoek van Holland ferry is cheaper than flying or sailing to Brasil. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't care. Put Cascavel there or i will beg Reiza, to add Yas Marina and Singapur F1 to the track portfolio :p,

...or Hanoi :->

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. kagurazakayukari

kagurazakayukari Member

Here is a league organizer in China. Our PC2 league has been suspended due to unstable internet connection. We did some troubleshooting and didn't quite work. I think multiplayer function of AMS2 is okay atm, connection is fine, but not perfect. Here is my wishlist of multiplayer:

1. Ability to control server in game by command. This should give stewards a better control of the event, such as live stewarding(incl. cancel penalty given by game), session control, manually change grids, and lobby setting adjustment.
    2. Able to join the server even the qualifying will be finished. This combine with session control should prevent drivers can't get into race session.
    3. Able to straight jump to practice without back to lobby room. Maybe need automatic count down after each session and automatic replay saving.
    4. Driver swap. Yep.
    5. A more robust dedicated server connection. Our league have done some experiment and realized this could be a steam network issue issue or the data amount for a single syncing is too much so it finally lost connection doe to sync failed.

However we do able managed to run some races and so far so good.(maybe less people is good for syncing) And we are still waiting, hopely AMS2 can do better on multiplayer.

And again, I've like to mention here that we can provide Chinese (Both SC/TC) translation free, for love :)

• Like Like x 3
  14. Chin

Chin Member AMS2 Club Member

If you think that will bring more drivers in...I think you are delusional. Why do you think they will want to drive around, not part of the race, for '7-8 minutes'? Many of these are likely the same players that leave a race as soon as they get left behind because they aren't racing anyone. Bringing cars during racing is just going to be a potential cause of issues (glitches, distractions, etc).

Also, every car 'not racing' in a race is taking one away from another race. This doesn't magically create more drivers...they just get redistributed. ...now the race you are in is short 2 drivers, because they are doing fake laps over in another lobby. :eek:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  15. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Well, it's very obvious. People will want to drive for some laps, although not part of the current race, to start enjoying the car, and also to start preparing everything for the next session.

When people look for a public multiplayer race, they want immediate action. That's the way it is. Instead of watching others, they want to drive. And this applies to decent drivers too, not only newbies that disconnect when they are left behind, as you say. Many may find unnaceptable to waste more or less one hour on a Saturday evening "spectating" others.

In most cases there's no redistribution. Some people only drive GTs, others only Formulas, others only drive on tracks they know, and so on. But if the wait is a bit long, and if it happens often, many disconnect and go play offline, or go to another sim multiplayer. The majority won't wait too much to go to the track (and on server after server). This is a fact, they just won't do it. But if they can join the track immediately to start the fun, to start warming up, big chance they are going to stay for the next race.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Paradiz

Paradiz RFRO Member AMS2 Club Member

17. kagurazakayukari

kagurazakayukari Member

I suddenly remember something about broadcasting.
    1. We need something that can control broadcaster view without need director view. Maybe a remote application that can send command to the server/broadcaster.
    2. Also, considering some league may want to developing their own broadcast UI overlay, I think it is nice to have some API that can let some application read the information of hole grid, and can use combine with the application mentioned above. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

minimum requirement would be an api to control the cameras and driver selection remotely. Overlays can be done with SimHub or other applications on a spectationg client in borderless mode.
    Therefore it must also be possible to join as dedicated spectator.

• Like Like x 1
  19. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

When AI will be developed? I play only AMS 1 because AMS 2 AI is a random unique train

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

if you read the release notes, you'll see that AI development is constantly ongoing.
    next please :p

• Agree Agree x 3