1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

I mean touching a wall can invalidate a lap that is ok, also anything besides going ideal racing line will cause loss of time(theoritcally) but with damage; one needs to restart the trial and start all over again. (Thanks:) )

2. Per johansson

Per johansson New Member

Hope you will add the group C and group 5 cars in the future.

For example the Sauber Mercedes C9, C29 and Porsche 956, 962 are epic.

So are the Porsche 935 and BMW 3,5 CSL (E9) from group 5.

Regards

PJ

• Like Like x 1
  3. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

I agree with the option to disable damage in TT mode. If you hit something then invalidate the lap, but not being able to disable the damage is a little annoying. I didn't care about this as much until I started using the TT mode to practice the Nordschleife. The advantage of the TT mode is that it doesn't wear the tires and doesn't burn fuel.

4. FCon

FCon New Member

Exporting telemetry to MoTeC would be nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Antmax

Antmax New Member

+1 for dedicated TrackIR support.

I can get it to sort of work in SteamVR mode, only the Camera FOV is too wide angle to judge speed and braking distance.

The helmet view camera angle settings and "[" "]" keyboard shortcut keys do not work in VR since the camera is fixed for obvious reasons with how a VR headset works..

You can kind of move the seat forward to get an impression of looking correct with a normal size steering wheel, only that doesn't change the camera FOV so you still get distortion with things in the middle of the screen looking further away.

6. ToMythTo

Maybe somebody has already come up with this but better to say it again; SHAREABLE & HUMAN READABLE SETUPS.

edit: TT shared setups are very limited because I also want to share a setup(even a pit strategy) for long races, rainy weathers etc.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

I mean, you can, sort of, use other peoples setup in the time trail. But yes, that process could be a lot easier.

8. supershadow25

supershadow25 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello Reiza Team,

first of all congratulations again on this really great sim.... really a very successful sim.

A short question:
    is it planned for the near future to release the Caterhams as left-hand drive version?

greetz
    Marco

9. theF1man

theF1man Member

Love the hard work you have done so far thank you Reiza, not sure if this is a feature request but i guess more of a please fix, as the feature is sort of there just not working for all cars,
    - Getting rid of the static wheels on the F3s The Formula V12s and Formula V10s, and on the Ginetta gt4 and Cup version (when selecting wheel off option in the menus)

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I use a GI MAX gear indicator (symprojects) and - though it works with AMS2 - it wont blink when you want to change gear (i use the gi max’s option “read ingame shift light state"). In rf2, rre and some other games it works as expected. So i guess it is game dependant (?)

For that, i d love to see Reiza implement this on their telemetry data

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  11. Scoops

Scoops Member

Oh dear lord no no no you’ll be expecting to drink tea in the morning next!

12. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not in the near future, they will look in it if the higher-priority sprints are done.

13. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

It has been requested by many others, also in beta forum, sry had to delete link

14. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I don't recall but, does the GI Max utilize percentage of RPM on the limiter light?

I use some other SymProjects dash products and that's the way I set up my shift-lights, Max-Rev's, etc. It's the only way I've found to achieve broad coverage with most titles (Not Rally:( ).

15. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

C9A7E60D-3C93-43AD-A8BB-063D51CA2155.jpeg

It does have percentage of rpm but havent tried it yet (just purchased the gi max and didnt have time to play with it much). I use the “read in-game shift light state” cause i play many titles and race with many cars. RF2 and RRE works as expected with this option..

16. ToMythTo

Isn't any HP/TOURQUE curve graph would be useful? And many more written technique details about a car in the info pane..

17. Zoltán Ludas

Zoltán Ludas New Member

Is motion blur possible in three screen modes? I really want to! Please!
    (AM2 Best driving experience in simulator.)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  18. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I've tried using the game rev-limit method and there are some titles where it doesn't work so I switched to the percentage method. Rally titles are the only ones that don't seem to support either method. I think my SymProjects controllers (DLC247 & Pro-Race) offer more options than the GI Max does (I have one but, not in use currently). I have the shift lights setup for (roughly 70% rpm range) and the rev-limiter about 95% with a secondary stage (flashes faster) at 98%.

Again, the rpm% method works in all popular Sim-titles (iRacing / AC & ACC / AMS 1&2 / PC 1&2 / rF 1&2, / RaceRoom, etc.) I've played except Rally titles and maybe, other Codies titles. It's also more versatile when applied to different cars with different RPM ranges.

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Do you have a shift-point setting as well as a red line setting, or is it the shift point you are trying to simulate with the percentage?

If it's the latter, it won't work as the optimal shift point is not a consistent percentage of maximum engine rpm across such a ridiculously wide range of vehicles we have in AMS. A diesel truck engine (Copa Truck) is as close to the opposite of a motorcycle engine (ARC Camaro) or go-kart mill that could exist in a motorsports simulator :)

20. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I m currently using the percentage method (~ 93%). And yes DR2 wont work with either method. @Marc Collins yes, i m trying to simulate the shift point. I guess the 93% works well most of the times