1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drivers Lose Sound on Formation Lap

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by davidantx, Nov 26, 2020.

1. davidantx

davidantx Member AMS2 Club Member

We have multiple drivers when in multiplayer connected via a dedicated server who lose engine sound during the formation lap, only to gain it back right before the green flag -- is this a known bug?

2. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Would need more info; how many drivers (roughly) / what cars.

3. davidantx

davidantx Member AMS2 Club Member

GT 3 cars all models on the track together
    happens regularly to several drivers. We get dropped into the formation lap, sound is gone for engines, (note can still hear ambient sounds). As the race starts to begin (lights coming down) everyone's sound comes back.

does not affect everyone but typically 2-3 people at minimum.
    has happened more than once.
    Field is 10+ in the race, multiplayer ,facilitated by a dedicated server.

4. Doug Ritter

Doug Ritter New Member

I know a couple of us were in the Mclaren GT3. But I believe one other was in the Porsche.

5. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Every so often (twice this morning alone ) I lose all audio, usually at the start of a multiplayer race or a time trial session. Sometimes I can get it back by exiting to the main menu, then changing the audio output to something else then back again. Sometimes I have to quit and restart the game to fix it. I play in VR (so audio in Rift S headset rather than PC speakers if that makes any difference.

6. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've now discovered that I can get the sound back by simply lifting the headset off and putting it back on.