1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does AMS 2 support head tracking (TrackIR)?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by abiding_dude, Feb 29, 2020.

1. dihedral3

dihedral3 New Member

Kevin - click the button I've pointed to in the attached screenie. You will see option to "check for game updates. It's located top left of GUI not top right.

Attached Files:

• tir.PNG
      tir.PNG
      File size:
      36.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Kevin Cox

Kevin Cox Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I click Launch AMS 2 in Steam VR mode. However when I do this Steam VR launches automatically which then powers on my Valve Index and the lighthouses. I assume you don't have SteamVR launching as you don't have the SteamVR software installed and I'm not going to uninstall SteamVR just to play AMS 2 with TIR.

Yeah I managed to get the updates working. My only issue now is as said above that SteamVR launches when running game in VR mode. :(

3. Kevin Cox

Tried everything and still not working. I feel as if SteamVR is taking over control so TrackIR doesn't work. Also I don't see both green lights on the TrackIR camera only one.

I also can't close SteamVR after launching game as if I do AMS 2 shuts down too.

ams2.jpg

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

I don't use TrackIR so I cannot verify this, however you can see if these steps work:

TRACKIR 5 - Page 2

5. Kevin Cox

Thanks for the link. However this doesn't work for me.

6. dihedral3

dihedral3 New Member

Although not ideal, have you uninstalled steamVR then tried? At least it would help diagnose the issue.

7. Kevin Cox

I haven't tried uninstalling SteamVR. Not to worry as I've given up on trying to get it working. :rolleyes:

8. Formicola

Formicola New Member

TrackIR5 is working for me. I launch the game with Steam created shortcut:
    "steam://launch/1066890/vr"
    and for Crew Chief
    System Setting:
    Shared Memory <Project Cars2>
    UDP Frequency <Off> .... (used for Telemetery Apps)
    UDP Protocol Version <Project Cars1> .... (used for Telemetery Apps)

I have not down loaded SteamVR since I do not have VR Headst and TrackIR5 is working. My only disappointment is that seat adjustment for me in this view, sometimes fails but restarting seems to cure it.

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  9. Antmax

Antmax New Member

I'm using TrackIR emulation in Opentrack and got it working in SteamVR. The only problem is the FOV of the helmet cam is really wide so it feels like I'm sitting way back inside the car with a smallish steering wheel. Anyway to correct FOV? The FOV setting for the helmet camera in the game doesn't seem to do anything in SteamVR mode.

Otherwise it seems like it should be a great game. I drove a Mini around (which I own in real life) and it felt pretty authentic, not like trying to drive a slippery bar of soap like certain other games I played recently :)

10. Nobkins

Nobkins Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeh you can change FOV for all views in game. You can also bind keys to change FOV in the drivers seat.

11. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry to resurect

I have tried TrackHat in the past but made me feel sick, weird as VR does not. This was a couple years ago.

Just wondering if TrackIR is better than TrackHAT?