1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gsync/vsync some stuttering

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by GJDriessen, Dec 9, 2020.

1. GJDriessen

GJDriessen Member

Hi everyone,

If you enable gsync, should you also enable vsync in the game or in the control panel of nvidia? I use a samsung ultrawide with freesync and experience some stuttering/sudden frame drops, while most of the time I have very decent framerates like about 140. But then suddenly they drop to lower amounts (never below 60 though). I wonder whether I should change some settings, e.g. frames rendered ahead and the aforementioned vsync settings or a frame rate cap. Thanks for your help!

• Like Like x 1
  2. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just some Google wisdom

Try disabling vsync in Nvidia control panel, ensure vsync is disabled in games, and use Rivatuner Statistics Server (bundled as part of MSI Afterburner) to cap FPS to 130 (you can try different values, but for testing try well below the 144hz basic refresh rate)

• Like Like x 1
  3. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's the opposite for vysnc

- disable in-game v-sync
    - enable NVIDIA Control Panel v-sync (either globally or just for AMS2)
    - use RTSS to cap framerate to monitor refresh rate - 3. Thus 141 for a 144Hz monitor.

That the blurbuster recommended settings for use with G-Sync.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GJDriessen

GJDriessen Member

Thanks I did google, but got conflicting information. So you say that I should leave vsync disabled in nvidia control panel right? Our friend below says something different :). I will try both settings and report back. I wonder whether my sudden framedrops and stuttering has anything to do with this as it I have played the game for a while now and just today I noticed these strange things occuring. But it is certainly worth a try.

5. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Do you have multiple sounds cards, buttkickers or SimXperience by any chance? If yes, disable the real time telemetry logging in SimXperience/SimVibe.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SaxOhare

Then i suggest to "Verify Integrity of game files" first

• Like Like x 1
  7. SaxOhare

Thanks bringing this up (I don't like your problem but i like you bringing it up), I didn't realize i could use G-Sync on my Free-Sync Monitor,
    It made my image a lot clearer.

• Funny Funny x 1