1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Troubleshooting - Automobilista 2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Lgars

Lgars New Member

Hello,
    When I select championship mode, the menus are empty.
    I don't see any choice of routes or vehicles
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the game but still nothing.
    bug ams2.jpg

2. Bo Stamper

Bo Stamper Member

<SOLVED> Found the vehicle class ID for V10 and double bracketed the line to comment it out. Works fine.

Server won't change off of V10 Gen2. Track will change, but car won't. Selected Mini in the interface (web.jpg), but server decides to use the V10 (web2.jpg). Can't find "V10" anywhere in server.cfg, either. Trying to switch cars after being the first to log in (game admin changes enabled) allows for SELECTION of different model, but always ends up giving you the V10.
    web.jpg web2.jpg

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  3. Jon Le

Jon Le New Member

Hi guys, im having major issues with the shared memory feature. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.

Ive got Dashes and wind sims, motion controllers that use the output telemetry.

I set it to Pcars2 and some times it works, sometimes it doesnt, when it doesnt i have to change the to pcars1 restart the game change back to pcars2 mode and hope for the best, sometimes it works for me somethings im doing this for a good 20 minutes.

If i can work out the sequence i could just use the workaround, but i just cant figure out why it works sometimes and other days it doesnt.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4. Robson Trindade

Robson Trindade New Member

My wheel Hori RWA 270°

I had this problem since the beginning of the game, but with insistence I managed to get it to work, simply the system does not want to keep the settings that I put in, I know that when it works and the steering wheel turns I don't move anymore, but unfortunately I had to format the PC and now I haven't even managed to turn the steering wheel, and it's so frustrating because the rest works perfectly except turning it sideways ...

5. Towers

Towers New Member AMS2 Club Member

Try setting "controller damping" to something below 100 and see if at least it moves at a certain point

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. chris Belfield

chris Belfield New Member

When looking for a specific lobby (SRO Simracingonline) which I’ve used successfully within Rfactor2, I find that it is invisible within the lobby listings most of the time in AMS2. Whilst I can see numerous lobby’s every time I run the sim this one simply isn’t there. It does appear occasionally, but usually after I’ve “refreshed” the lobby list about 20-30 times.

I’ve even had it appear, done an immediate refresh, and it disappears, never to be seen for another 20-30 refreshes.....if I’m lucky.

Of all of the other lobby’s that show up, I’m able to log in and race without any issues, but SRO seems to be invisible almost all of the time.

I really like this sim, but if I can’t use it within a specific lobby it’s of no use to me and will force me to request a refund from Steam.

can you someone shed any light on this annoying issue

7. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Member

I'm still getting issues with the WiFi. AMS2 is on my PC, which is connected directly to the modem. Once I start AMS2, say a test day, the wifi drops out & no one in the house can use their devices. I've to set the ports to UDP, but it hasn't helped. What settings should I use to allow the wifi to work when I'm playing?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Turn off Telemetry data via UDP sharing.

9. Robson Trindade

Robson Trindade New Member

so it worked I set the damping to 0, thanks, I had already given up on ams2 with over 100 hours of gameplay, but I came to the forum thanks a lot friend

10. sevenbelow7

sevenbelow7 New Member

I race in a race department club and for the last 2 weeks the ‘RD’ server is not showing up. It doesn’t matter how many time I refresh it never shows up? There are also a few of the other guys in the club that are also having this problem. Any ideas ?

11. Seweryn

Seweryn New Member

Hi!
    In "Single Race" menu the only choice of cars I have is "German Group A", nothing else appears on the list. In "Test Day" mode I have all the cars available, but only two in "Single Race": Merc Evo and BMW.

What should I do?

Attached Files:

12. Seweryn

Seweryn New Member

Looks like you don't give a f#@k anymore. Enough copies sold?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Jens E.

Jens E. Member

keep your manners...
    testing and fixing bugs need time.
    its not press the magic "fix all problems" button and its done.

14. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Not seen this myself
    Unusual issue Have you tried verifying files?

(Right click game, then select properties, should then show option to verify files.)
    Devs are flat out from what I have seen of postings this evening so may take them a while to respond

• Like Like x 1
  15. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You have some serious attitude and entitlement issue Sir... You joined a few days ago, with 3 messages. Let's see how quickly you can build a game yourself and respond to thousands of questions, issues, concerns at the same time...

16. ALAIN LEFEBVRE

ALAIN LEFEBVRE Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello,
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    My problem is when I launch AMS2 from Steam after I have changed the graphics settings (most of all, the screen definition). The game start but the screen turn blue (like the BSOTD) and I can't do anything with AMS2 in this situation...
    My question is : how do I can change the graphics setting again (to go back to a "safe" definition) outside of the game itself?
    Is there any configuration file I can edit for?

Thanks again. Regards.

17. sparco

sparco Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi,
    Impossible for to setup the sequantial mod by the stick on the fanatec SQ 1.5 shifter.
    Already setuped on "custom"......
    Any advice ?
    Thanks

18. Sarah O'Brien

Sarah O'Brien New Member

Hi all, i have searched the net and come up short, hope someone here can help, when i go to multiplayer i see, at the most, 10 lobbies while at the same time my friends see dozens and dozens, anyone have any ideas? thanks

19. Sarah O'Brien

Sarah O'Brien New Member

Go to fanatec wheel properties/settings and click map sequential shifter to the shifter paddles.

20. sparco

sparco Member AMS2 Club Member

It's ok Sarah....Thanks