1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.6.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.0.6.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 27, 2020.

1. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the update, much appreciated.

If I can ask, what exactly was entailed by:
    • AI callibration pass (all classes) ?
    I just tried out a P4 race and the MRX AI has several seconds a lap on the player and MCR AI.

2. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

2ndLastJedi said:
    Nudes of all staff members wives

You shoudn't reveal the new driver model in offical forums before release!:D

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

• BMW M6 cockpit sounds got inadvertently turned down way too far (other GT3's seem fine)
    • "Pendulum effect" in FFB now worse for several cars
      • Cars that used to have this problem, like the SuperV8 and Stock Car now feel great
      • Centre forces are fine
      • Forces as load on tires builds up are exaggerated
      • Seems to correlate to cars with lots of suspension travel and/or stickier tires
      • Lancer RS and to a lesser extent R are good examples
      • Opala 86 and Old Stock bad; Opala 79 somewhat less so
      • Mini JCW moderately bad
      • Mercedes AMG GT3 is moderately bad (all other GT3's are fine)
    • Likely as a result of the tire tread and FFB changes, the entire Copa Classics range is now very wonky:
      • Chevette is bad
      • Copa CB Gol is bad
      • Uno Copa B is now literally a pendulum and can be rolled with little provocation
      • Pas CB is bad
      • Puma GTE is moderately bad
      • CC A series bad including some rollers, except for Puma GTB--it miraculously has no FFB issue and assuming new understeer is intentional feels and drives just fine overall, though it has a tire temps issue
      • Fusca CA now has severe understeer

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

How can stuff like that be missed?

I mean, even assuming Reiza does not have a single inhouse tester, isn't stuff like that not be supposed to be catched by the beta testers before it get's officially released?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Glad I have CP2077 to pass time while all this gets resolved :whistle:

6. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

When we will have hard/medium/soft/ultrasoft intermediate tires for all cars so that can plan lots of strategy per race?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Butterfly effect. (Butterfly effect - Wikipedia)

Small change in 1 area ie ffb or tyre can vastly effect others. (As indicated in comprehensive report above)
    Its a very fine balance often.
    From what I see of beta reports and here also, Reiza are often quick to try and resolve. Even with updates weekly (beta)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

I realize that. But as i said, does nobody test those updates a bit more thoroughly before they get released?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Reiza,
    thanks for update.
    But two things:
    Can we have some more P2 MRX cars and, most important, a gear indicator in cockpit of these MRX cars!!
    Thank you :)
    ss132441.jpg

11. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

I can see and understand your wording and would add, sometimes when beta changes are made insufficient time is allowed for thorough testing before release to main. Beta tester have no control of timing It can be frustrating for all. Your question has been asked before with similar wording. The answers have been varied. A dominant 1 is small numbers of staff, (who its clear put in many hours).
    All we can do is help by giving constructive feedback good and bad and have faith, that the almost impossible task to have 100% or even 60% across the board at this stage is not being ignored.
    (So no not enough simply put) for some things and yes for other improvements

12. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed on the FWD Copa Classic cars flipping over, as well as the understeering Fusca. Chevette and the Pumas seem fine to me. Almost every car I tried changed in some way, others for better, others for worse:
    • The Opala 86 drives like someone put unleaded petrol in the tank. Why does the engine stutter?
    • A lot of the slower cars on non-slick tyres seem to have great problems building up tyre temps now. I did several laps with the Formula Vee and, while it drives fine, the tyres were still at room temperature despite constant tyre scrub in every corner.
    Seems like a lot of the work was done to improve the GT3's, the Procar, and the Stock Cars, at the cost of some of the historical cars. While I can understand that more than 90% of all the YouTube videos and forum threads are focused on the GT cars, it's a bit disappointing as much of that historical content was actually more fun to drive than the GT cars. The MCR 2000 was one of my favourite cars and now it is, frankly, awful.

In any case, Reiza might want at least to hotfix the FWD Copa Classic cars before Tony Kanaan does another stream with AMS2 and some helpful soul sets him up a multiplayer lobby in them ;).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

Am I the only one unable to load or save setups for nearly half the cars on this game? Even the vintage is buggered now!!! Had zero feedback so I don't even know if it is my end or the game.

14. Achim

Achim New Member

15. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

FWIW, I think the Fiat Uno is driving really nicely apart from the tippling over thing. The basic balance and handling feels much more convincing than the last time I tried these cars; agile, frisky, light, lift of oversteer etc, it's all there. It's just tripping over its own feet when you put too much weight on the outside edge of the tyres.

16. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, most of the classic cars have been ruined with terrible understeer or flipping and I can't see major improvements in any other physics aspects that may justify the regression.
    Even the G58 that is declared as fixed for suspension issues is still a kangaroo on my build. :(

17. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

BMW M6 GT3 engine sounds are ok now, like in real life the engine sounds muffled and even the transmission sounds are higher sometimes

18. Marc Collins

It may just be a mixing issue--stereo versus surround or something. The overall impact of the sound is so much lower than in the other GT3's it cannot be correct. But that's on my 2.1 audio. It was perfectly adequate in the prior build, so if the quality has been improved (apparently), it's simply the levels or channels that need a tweak.

19. Marc Collins

Are you talking about the Copa Classic Uno, or the Copa Uno series? I haven't tried the latter one yet, but the fact that the CC car has so much lateral grip it tips when you give it a decent amount of steering input speaks for itself...totally implausible (sort of like F1 levels of grip bolted on to an econbox road car crap chassis). The CC Uno felt fine before this latest update. If it feels better now, you need to adjust your expectations of grip and handling levels for this class of car.

• Like Like x 1
  20. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The one I tested was the Copa Classic version, and I totally agree it has too much lateral grip, like when you put soft slicks on a fully upgraded Daihatsu Midget in Gran Turismo - too fast, too light, too much grip, it just tipples over. However if you look at footage of the Brazilian Uno races they are very agile oversteery machines, so I do think Reiza have captured that very well. It's a light 130bhp stripped out race car that weighs the same as a bag of spanners, of course it will be pretty wick.

• Like Like x 1