1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AI crashes often

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GJDriessen, Dec 15, 2020.

1. GJDriessen

GJDriessen Member

I tried two races today, one karting at Buskerud and V10 formula cars at Adelaide historic. In both races the AI kept crashing heavily and I tried a number races. What is your experience?

2. Pieter Nienhuis

Pieter Nienhuis Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I’ve been racing at Cascavel (porsche cup), Ibarra (roco and GT3’s), Nurburgring sprint (Gt3), Hockenheim (Group a). Kyalami modern (GT3). All 12 lappers with AI at 100/50 and the number of crashes were not much. I would say quite believable

3. GJDriessen

GJDriessen Member

ok, maybe it is very car/track combo dependent. I had my aggression on 60-70

4. Stevejack

Stevejack Member AMS2 Club Member

I noticed that the AI for Karts is pretty bad all around. The AI is pretty good for karts at Londrina, but I notice that if I turn the opponent difficulty up from 90 to 110 and aggression up from 50 to 65 it still makes no difference to their lap times, and I'm still 2 secs a lap ahead of them... but at least they don't crash.

At all other Kart tracks I've tried so far the AI tends to crash into each other or run off track at the same places which is frustrating.

I really love the Kart races in AMS2, they are great fun to drive so I hope the AI is fixed soon.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GJDriessen

GJDriessen Member

Agreed, but apparently it is hit and miss with other cars/track combo's as well. Eg with formula cars at Adelaide, one of the coolest tracks in the game.