1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.6.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.0.6.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 27, 2020.

1. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Good grief, leave the V10 alone. It's one of the cars in AMS2 that works marvelously. There's a dozen cars that are broken, go figure out how to fix those before you start deleting grip from the actually driveable cars.

And we can start talking about realistic flat spot modelling when the FFB actually gives useful information about when the brakes are about to lock up. Until that point, leave it as is.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

relax matey it's just a question..

I enjoy the car very much which I have mentioned here before.

Have you driven around Bathurst in real life..? I have and it's intimidating. TC off with this beast should be wild and dangerous! I shouldn't be able to drive this car over the limit without facing consequences, especially around Bathurst..

Yeah there are always more important things for the devs fix or look into however what does that have to do with it.. With that angle nothing can be discussed.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  4. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

This sounds interesting. you could share with us here if you wish.
    Sim Racing. General discussions and thoughts
    Even in a Mini which Ive owned and dont like this would be an experience to remember.

This maybe related to actually being able to get it /fully off as mentioned elsewhere. Im still not convinced 100% gives zero TC in some cars.

5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Especially if the drivers' aids are not turned off in the realism menu...

6. Maser V6

What kind of lap times are you doing at Bathurst?

Just ran some laps around Bathurst to try default gen 1 &2, fast little beasties round here! too fast for me lol very "tron" like, was curious about the TC settings more than anything.
    TC in gen2 20-100 I feel a difference, but not a lot tbh, managed to have the rr twitching and loosing on both settings 1.38 laps. With tc off (100) I expected less rr grip, I guess the aero on the car is superb as in real car. Its more fun @ 100 but not as much difference as I expected
    The default setup has almost maximum downforce at rear. (20 of 24) as Im sure you know
    fr 30 rr 20 out of fr 36 rr24. Its a super sticky car! lowered rr to 1/2 default to 10 and a different beast appears as expected.

7. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, I'm going to write something that I have no pleasure in doing, I recognize several advances in AMS2, great surprises such as circuits and GT3, GT4 cars and others, but I am deeply upset and disappointed with Stockcar 2020, I try to do 4funs, 20 are written and when training starts, there are no 5 people running, waiting for an update dedicated to this category that made me a loyal customer to Reiza and I am really disappointed with the physics of these cars, watching the Stock final, Stockcar needs special attention from Studio, we came to a decision to play AMS1 with Stockcar as it is by far more fun, and in AMS2 what is meant to be fun becomes stressful, I hope the Studio people read and try to do something with that category in this game, as it really is disappointing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Now, I am back in cockpit :D
    Here are some screenshots of my T150 settings. Hope someone can find a mistake why I don't have soft-lock, thanks.

Attached Files:

9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Okay, there is one thing, you could at least try, if some difference appears:

Go at 100% Force Feedback Gesamtstärke in the TM driver and turn down the ingame FFB gain to 75. Usually it's always more favourable to leave this kind of wheel (basically all non-DD/lower torque wheels) itself on full 100% on the driver/hardware side and use ingame FFB gain as the main control over your FFB strength.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. alink

Thanks for tip but no luck :(
    Currently I am driving with F1 classic G3M1.
    If I turn right the maximum of the car is about +200°. But with my T150 wheel there is no soft-lock at 200° I can turn it further (to 360° and more) without any change of force. If I let it free, the wheel automatically turns back to 200°.
    It is a little bit annoying if I don't feel any lock. I think I am steering but the car doesn't. This happens most with karts with there steering lock at +/-90°.

11. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

I have the Thrustmaster TS - PC Racer and have the feelin,that the Soft-lock we once had is gone with latest update.

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Hmmmm, sometimes, because of the way forces ramp-up perhaps a bit too dramatically as you approach steering lock, they overwhelm the forces the wheel can produce and it turns into a consistent force where you cannot feel the lock action. If the wheel returns to the soft lock position after you turn it too far, that may be the case as it is recognizing the lock.

Ways to test this are as @CrimsonEminence said, always use 100% in your control panel (unless it is one of those very weird TM wheels that needs 75% or some odd thing) and then lower the Gain in game well below normal levels--so the steering is too loose at centre. Can you now detect the lock?

Assuming no for the answer above and that you can tell your wheel is nowhere near full force as you cross the soft lock line, then it should be a simple reprogramming of the lock strength level (either by Reiza, or we may be able to do it ourselves). I said in another thread to try one of the popular custom files as a comparison. AFAIK, they all have a custom_lock_stop line that you can experiment with to see if cranking it up solves the problem.

Of course, if this is a known issue that at least two of you say it was there before but now is gone, then report it to Reiza immediately. A line or two of code could have just gone haywire in the last update (that did, again, affect FFB).

13. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Really?. I have been playing AMS1 lately due to the new VR support someone provided. I have to say I found the V10 absolutely glued to the track in AMS1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. alink

Did what @CrimsonEminence said, 100% in CP and reduced in game. I think I got an overall better FFB feeling but no soft-lock.
    I never did something with custom FFB. May you think I can modify a code-line for soft-lock there?

15. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Nothing too exciting.. Once in wrx and once in a ford V8. It's public roads most of the year..

I was also thinking that maybe the case. Hard to tell with no access to data. i could not hear or feel any cut.

I switch all aids of and use authentic for electronics..

I think I was doing 34's & 35's.. I wasn't paying too much attention to the clock..

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

IRL? on a public road Mount Panorama? Surely it was closed for you doing that time or was a 6:34 :confused:

17. Maser V6

lol Shows my lack of info I was not aware if that. Always wanted to visit to see holdens running. Hotwired a cable tv setup back in the 80's and used to watch it, from uk.

top 5 times then, gen 2
    Have fun and good w/end.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. alink

Found these lines in custom_ffb_txt-file
    FFB.JPG
    Changed many values (here are the original) but I just don't get the soft-lock to work.
    May I do something wrong? Between changes I didn't restart AMS but switched "custom" to "default" and back to "custom" FFB. Nothing changed...

19. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

afaik, you have to restart the game to reread the custom FFB file.

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

If you are not getting soft lock on your wheel in either Default or at least two different custom files (restarting AMS 2 in between changing just to be 100% sure), butyou do get in AMS (1) and other titles, then there is an inherent problem with your wheel. Report it to Reiza!