1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about spotter and/or using Crew Chief

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Jeff Scharpf, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just wondering, since I have the Crew Chief program (which works great), do I need to disable the spotter in AMS2?
    I understand that the voices may be added later, so do I stick with default AMS2 spotter or use Crew Chief?
    Any preferences by you guys?

• Like Like x 1
  2. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

AMS 2 has a spotter?:oops:

3. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have no use of the AMS2 Spotter so i disabled it, it only produces subtitles and no spoken words, i don't think it could do any harm if you leave it enabled

4. Jeff Scharpf

Ok thanks! I guess I spoke incorrectly. AMS2 doesn't have a spotter, but does have that crew chief who sends text messages occasionally. I forget how to even turn it off lol.
    But Crew Chief is amazing so I'll probably stick with that!

5. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

In addition to CC it would be great if Reiza could license the radar app from Kunos or develop it by themselves.

6. Pieter Nienhuis

Pieter Nienhuis Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I just use CrewChief, great bit of software. Really adds to the immersion

7. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

I also use crew chief and find it top notch for asking gaps to people in front or behind but that’s all I seem to be able to get. If I ask basic questions like...... has the person in front pitted yet? Or......what was last sector time? I just get a token response, something like.....can’t hear you or.....didn’t catch that.

Is there something I haven’t set up correctly as I would love to get more from this? I must say the swearing or profanities do make me chuckle

Thanks in advance
    Baz

8. Jeff Scharpf

I haven't yet tried the voice command option as I'm happy with the spotter (just adds to the game), and the engineer does occasionally talk about the leader and some other random stuff so for me it's not the end of the world if he doesn't respond to me.
    This add-on is especially good with AC because there is no spotter at all in that game and this adds a lot!

9. Scoops

Scoops Member

Might be best to post on the Crew Chief Forum or run through the various threads on voice comms

CrewChief Forums

10. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Thanks for the link

Regards

• Like Like x 1