1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.6.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.0.6.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 27, 2020.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

You should have paid up early like the rest of us then :rolleyes: It wasn't honored onto us, we had to pay for the privilege ;) The current beta isn't allowed on any social media but if its the other branch then its fair game for those who wish to try and profit from the early access i guess.

2. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@DeMol if this can reassure you, the content Reiza has been promising in the November log is almost all out in Beta. It is probably the more polished state a new content has ever been dropped in AMS2 till now. If you like what they promised you won't be disappointed. One of the reasons for that is that Reiza is taking a few days more rather than pushing 50/50 content so please understand that.
    Certain comments like the previous comments from the other gentleman are not very constructive.
    Also understand that as testers Reiza asks us not to disclose details of what we are receiving in the Beta. So on one side we want to transfer our excitement but on the other side we cannot.
    I'm not sure when Reiza plans to release this batch of content, maybe in a few days you will be able to enjoy it, maybe more towards year end, but IMHO it will be the best addition to the game so far including also the usual improvement to physics and that are improving also the previous stuff so it's worth the wait and I'm sure it will surprise most users.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Well then, grow up.

The beta testing is helping the rest of the customers because we never get things in final state and we are not just sitting here playing with them while others wait needlessly. Things are being corrected and adjusted based on us slogging through it all trying to notice every detail.

I can assure you none of the Reiza team wants to be working on Christmas Eve...the update is not out yet only because it is not ready and adjustments are being made, madly, until the last moment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Believe me, testing new content in the beta isn't always as fun, as you might think (even if it should be the objective)...and a more polished version of the content is giving you a WAY better first impression and miles more fun. Beta is there for a reason and in the case of AMS2, which we all know, is even pretty unfinished in the release build, it can be even more frustrating. But after all, these builds aren't made to go full out push already, but discovering weird things. (and oh boi/gurl, there are some, in several occasions:rolleyes:)

The YT guys, saying "this content is so good" often aren't that close to the truth, after a 10 minute test on a random track in default setup, as you might think, btw.. :whistle: (this is fitting to any simulation on the market, there are exceptions of course, though)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Billy Blaze

Billy Blaze Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It might not be the point, but it is one of the perks of being a backer. You're displeasure with this fact will be filed (like so many things in life) under the category of "Tough Sh*t"

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Would sure appreciate a Xmas eve dev update for the sake of us non-beta peasants ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wish all a Merry XMas and some relaxing holidays.
    It's a little bit sad not to get a Christmas present from REIZA, but the Reiza team consists of humans as me and many others and I want to spend my time with family these days and I think the Reiza boys want this also to do.
    So, Reiza team, have a nice Christmas time and holidays and relax with family (nothing is more important) to earn new and much energy for your private and business deals.
    And I am sure, it's absolute worth to wait for next big step in Automobilista 2.
    Happy Christmas!
    Regards from Germany!

• Like Like x 10
  10. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

I kind of interpreted that as meaning the dev update might still arrive beforehand, even if the actual update won’t. It’s not going to ruin my Christmas Day or anything though :D all good!

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

delay again ?? not a surprise they never succeed one time to respect an announce.

• Dislike Dislike x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

What’s wrong with these Devs? No new content dropped on Christmas Eve!? I mean, they are automatons aren’t they? Programmed to burrow away no matter what public holidays are due, no matter what crazy global madness is going on around them?

C’mon folks, take a step back. Can we expect any genuine constructive criticism of the game to be taken onboard when they’re awash with a constant flood of moans that a target has been missed by a day, a week or even two?

I’m new(ish) to sim racing but am constantly astonished how AMS2 is unfavourably compared to sims that have been released for far longer and updated far more times. Though my surprise is naivety, common sense being a rare treasure.

Merry Christmas, happy holidays to all. Enjoy what we have because it’s still a crazy world out there.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

you seem to ignore that AMS 2 is the Reiza 2017 project, the fantom project we have now....and they have never succeed to release a DLC without a delay....just for information the Reiza rF2 was released after 8 months of delay...and with a massive camera shake issue....like AMS2...no really ???they talk too much....and the result is it's the flop steam players count crown : congratz, but it's a shame.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 11
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Did they even announce that anything would drop before Christmas?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. 2ndLastJedi

Don't feed the troll! It feeds on others pain.

For those who are filled with joy on this greatest day just know great things await those who open their hearts to the Lord.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. 2ndLastJedi

Not that I've seen. It's a December update and from what I can tell December doesn't end on Christmas day :confused:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

hans.gif

20. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Haters will be always haters...

• Agree Agree x 1