1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Dream Tracks Wishlist

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GregzVR, Mar 27, 2020.

1. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Clermont-Ferrand AKA Circuit De Charade - a brilliant layout with elevation changes and two length variants. Used in F1.
    It's the track where Helmut Marko (yup, that Red Bull guy) lost vision in his eye and stopped his racing career when a flint of volcanic stone pierced his visor.
    Pau would be a great addition to street circuit portfolio with a very technical layout perfect for less powerful open-wheelers.
    Knockhil because it's short and fun and can be driven in reversed layout too! Also it's my local track :)
    Watkins Glen. Come on. It's Watkins Glen, it doesn't need reasoning!
    LeMans but especiallythe historic layouts, but that's after we have machinery to utilise it in realistic fashion. Few things can beat multi-class racing at LeMans and most of those shouldn't be mentioned on a public forum :D

I have few more on my list but those are definitely towards the top of my wishlist.

• Like Like x 2
  2. lsmanley

lsmanley Member

AMS 2 May Roadmap | Spa! Historic F1! Plus Lots More...

post #54 from Renato at Reiza "We don’t exactly have direct access to SMS assets and they’re not in any way obligated to supply them to us, but we do have a relationship that allows for reasonable requests upload_2020-12-24_14-27-30.gif they have supplied a handful of track models and we have also given them a few of our own in return."

So these aren't crappy mods, they're the real deal!

It's also exciting for cars - think of all those amazing PCars2 cars getting the Reiza treatment - I'm thinking Group C, IMSA etc all the historic content really! One can dream ;)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I think you are seriously exaggerating what you are reading. We already have tracks from PC 2 in AMS 2. If you think SMS will hand over the entire library of tracks so Reiza can make them better than they were in PC 2 and are in PC 3, you are wishful thinking. Maybe we'll see one or two more over the life of AMS 2...if we're lucky.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

I mean, you're right, but isn't that kind op the point of this thread? Being very optimistic?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

You're right. I wasn't paying attention and thought it was the normal request thread.

My dream, seasonal or not, is to have every single mod track I have in AMS in AMS 2, at the quality level of AMS 2 tracks. Seriously--I would pay a small fortune for that and the fact that it is impossible pains me greatly.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pieter Nienhuis

Pieter Nienhuis Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree Marc, feeling the same. That would be a impressive long tracklist though

7. Dibbdroid

Dibbdroid Member

Istanbul
    Magny Cours
    Melbourne F1
    Indianapolis F1
    Macau
    Zandvort
    Nurburgring (pre 2002)

• Like Like x 1
  8. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd like to see all the tracks Fat Alfie has made for AC in AMS 2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. pederl

pederl New Member AMS2 Club Member

A track from Sweden would be nice.
    Or a Swedish track pack! =P

Anderstorp Raceway
    Falkenberg Motorbana
    Mantorp Park
    Ring Knutstorp

• Like Like x 1
  10. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Anderstorp would be very a very good addition, considering the in-game Brabham BT46B already features.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ThunderChief

ThunderChief Member

Some of these I have driven in real life:
    • Knock Hill (insanely challenging especially in the - mostly - cold/wet, one of the best tracks in PC2 and one of the reasons there are so many incredible Scottish racing drivers)
    • Magny Cours (super fun track I have driven several times in real life)
    • Aragon (really fun and surprising track)
    • Vallelunga (great multi-class venue)
    • Mugello (some of the best views and greatest driving variety in motorsports)
    • Zolder (a bit tight but super challenging, especially in the cold & wet)
    • Dijon (addictively fun, half the lap is throttle wide open)
    • Sebring (will definitely come to the Racin' USA DLCs - my 3rd fave on this planet after Spa and Le Sarthe - never driven it in person though)

12. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Only just spotted this thread, blimey.
    History and track speaks for itself but
    Posted in Beta ref another post but so nice, even better for this car and class with track in AMS2

13. pederl

pederl New Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 2
  14. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Mexico City!
    Is there any SIM which has Mexico City? Not the modern one. From 60s (except GPL), 80s, 90s, 00s
    Mexico City

• Like Like x 3
  15. Delvious

Delvious New Member AMS2 Club Member

Been posted a few times in this thread, but road Atlanta especially with the IMSA content dropping. I think only iracing has it as first party content currently. The rest are just mods.

16. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

Go drive Bathurst in PC2 and then drive it in AMS2. It is VERY obvious that huge portions of the circuit are just copy-pasted into AMS2. It's also VERY obvious that Reiza put a ton of work into improving the PC2 circuit and bringing it up to a much higher standard. There is an odd graphical anomaly at the cutting that is present in both versions, and many parts are the same. However, sections like Griffin's bend have been massively reworked (and for the better) as the PC2 version of the track was kind of ridiculously absurd in some places. The entire section from Skyline through to Forrest's Elbow is almost completely redone, and PC2's Bathurst is pretty substandard there as well. It's so radically different Im not even convinced they used the PC2 bathurst as a foundation in that section. Looks like they rebuilt it from scratch.

Main takeaway is:
    1. If it's in PC2, it can be in AMS2 without having to build it from the ground up
    2. PC2 tracks are sometimes substandard and seemed to have little effort put into them at times.
    3. Reiza, even if they're porting over PC2 circuits, does a lot of really good work to improve the circuit.

Driving Bathurst in PC2 and AMS2, you'll never want to drive the PC2 version again. It makes it very obvious what you're paying for when you buy the DLC's of these tracks that may have originated in PC2. They do a great job.

17. Neil D Corfield

Neil D Corfield R3D M15T

Macau, is great and Pau ( Circuit de Pau-Ville) is too and not because it rhymes.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Neil D Corfield

Neil D Corfield R3D M15T

Some great classic GTL tracks in there, loving it and perhaps Mondello Park for good measure.

19. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

There’s no official version of the 1980s or 2000s version of Hermanos Rodriguez as far as I know for any sim. There’s only an rF1 port for AC, in the 1988 track pack.
    The actual road part of the track is pretty decent, but everything else is really bare bones.

20. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With Racin' USA Pack 1 there are 3 new tracks.
    What will come with Part 2 and 3?
    I guess or better hope:
    -Elkhart Lake (Road America)
    -Mid Ohio
    -Road Atlanta
    -Atlanta Motorsports Park
    -Detroit Belle-Ilse (hopefully with Picnic Way) AND downtown Detroit (used by F1)
    -Indianapolis Oval and Road
    -Sebring
    -Sonoma

• Like Like x 3