Track limit violation - Feedback on the new system here

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Martakus

Martakus Member AMS2 Club Member

If one is driving one's last lap and violates track limits for the 4th time, one can't really serve a drive-through penalty. So perhaps you could consider just handing out a 10-second penalty or something in that case?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. AZRCD

AZRCD New Member AMS2 Club Member

I noticed that VIR turn 12 (the Oak Tree), I feel like the track limit at the apex curb is a little severe. I feel like it will penalize me when I'm taking all the apex curb, but not cutting it or putting a wheel on the inside of it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The game already adds 25 seconds to the finish time of the driver and calculates the new position if other drivers are within this difference.

4. Le_Poilu

Le_Poilu Member AMS2 Club Member

I had it and I crossed the finish line in the pit lane, penalty was served => Even if it's the last lap you can do the Drive Through. But I think it may not work for a Stop and Go.

5. Don King

Don King New Member AMS2 Club Member

I noticed the cut penalty a bit strict in the Stadium Super Trucks. At most tracks it is useful, if not necessary to use the rumble strips to be able to turn. I noticed yesterday it is particularly bad on final turn at Montreal.

6. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Om some circuits like Jacarapagua you can use the wall as a guide rail, So shouldn't wall contact be a Track limit violation, and result in an invalid laptime for Time Trial?

7. Maxellero

Maxellero Member

Mendig Flugplatz Bergstreife - track limits warning when you are too much to the left when entering the airfield. Don't know if it can be treated as a track cut if it's restricted by the fence.
    [​IMG]
    Ribeirao Preto 2010 - hairpin - track limits warning when just driving on the red-white curb.

8. Miller

Miller New Member

Should the notice of Track Violation come up immediately when you commit, or is there a delay? The reason I ask is that I keep getting a violation in an odd area, where I am not even coming close to the edges. There is a section of track before this where I do cut close, but this message is delayed by 10 seconds or more if that's what I'm being penalized for.

The track is Granja Viana, Kart racing. I've indicated the section where I usually get the violation and the area of track where it most frequently appears on screen for me. If there isn't a delay from when you cut to the notice of violation, there must be something wrong with the virtual barriers in this section.
    Granja Viana limit.jpg

9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ideally I think there should be a delay so the system would check if you actually got time from that cut if it was a mistake or you could slow down yourself to avoid a penalty. But I think a system like this is not that simple

10. Miller

Miller New Member

I got a video of it happening, because I was getting the violation in the same area probably every 2-4 laps, and I can't see anything I'm doing wrong. Thoughts?

11. Will Mazeo

Not sure if this is a bug but reporting anyway, track cut in this part seems to be very harsh considering the corner style
    [​IMG]
    Edit: more like inconsistent than harsh

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  12. PIO79EK

PIO79EK New Member AMS2 Club Member

This happened to me too. I think it's because driving on the red zone at 0:09s of your video.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Miller

Miller New Member

That would be interesting if true, the violation doesn't appear until ten seconds and several corners later. I guess I don't understand where the sections start and end for determining a violation.

14. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim Member

I don't know if someone reported this, but riding the kerbs on Montreal Historic counts as a track limit violation.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's 4 wheels over the white line so looks like a clear violation? I appreciate some corners are setup to almost encourage a wide exit but I'm a stickler for the white line rule. 2 wheels on!! :)

Coming from Project Cars I love the track limits system so far in AMS. PCars lets people away with murder and we have to manually penalize people post races which is a complete pain. Not felt the need once in AMS yet to analyse post race for track violations.

If you done that extension persistently I'd have given you a penalty :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Will Mazeo

It has to make sense, in this sector you don't get time by going wide there, people do that so much IRL anyway.
    Plus the last part of my post "it is inconsistent" try it yourself you'll see you go 4 wheels wide and get nothing, next lap do the same (even staying on it less time) and there is the warning.

17. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Fair doos :)

18. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Really don't buy this no gain stuff. F1 drivers don't take a wide line exiting a corner unless there is some benefit. If you open the exit of a corner you are less likely to get sideways or spin out plus in theory there would be less tyre wear so there is a benefit even if your laptime is similar.

I think AMS handles this fairly well but an AC style option to turn it off would be useful for people who don't like it.

19. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

As far as I can tell AMS seems to enforce a pretty strict standard and at times its excessive. Many places on VIR for instance it doesn't matter if you're 2 wheels inside the white paint if you touch dirt at the apex you get a limit violation. That said they also properly model the exit to places like Oak Tree corner where you can use every inch of run off without getting a limit violation which is how they call it in real races at this circuit.

The way the system seems to work right now is they set it up to be very strict and anytime you touch dirt it seems to punish you which is I think fair enough since that ensures that there's almost nowhere you can cheat. This means they have to relax the rules on a case by case basis as well which so far they've done a pretty good job with, though with the Stadium Super Trucks its very much an odd ball since in real life they typically permit them to ride over curbs in ways they'd never let street cars because they have a unique capacity for abusing the limits and not being unsettled by it. Adelaide is a perfect example.

20. BERGER

BERGER New Member

AMS Johanesburg cut track: just start the lap to left side of the track and the game wrongly understand as a cut track, as show in video.