1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help please - Fanatec wheel won't work.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Bayne, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Bayne

Bayne New Member

Hello. I just purchased the game yesterday, and I can't play it.

I have spent about 5 hours trying to troubleshoot this problem and I am at my wits end, especially for a plug and play device that is a sponsor of yours.

I thought I would try here before I ask for a refund.

I have the Fanatec V2.5 base, V3 pedals, and F1 esport wheel.

I got the pedals to work.

All of the buttons on the wheel work.

I can't calibrate the steering. It's as if there is no input. No left...no right. Nothing.

Nothing I do in the calibration screen or the edit assignments tab shows input.

I have done all of the obvious. It works in all 7 of my other racing games. Firmware is updated. Drivers...check. I've tried to unplug and re-plug it in inside and outside of game. I have uninstalled the Fanatec drivers and set up program and re-installed it.

I just don't know what else to do. I just don't understand this.

Please help if you can.

I have to request a refund by the end of the day.

Thank you

2. Viking_Magnus

Viking_Magnus Member AMS2 Club Member

I am using the CSW2.5 base, V3 pedals, and the formulaV2 rim. All worked in AMS2 with no config required. But with my previous setup I did need to do some changes in settings to get things detected, so maybe I can help.

First quick thing to check: Options->Controls->ControlScheme = Set this to "Custom Wheel" and then go into EditAssignments and assign your steering to the Left & Right.
    If this part works, then it'll make the overall solution nice and simple. If nothing is detected doing the above, then it is likely something outside of AMS2 that is interfering.

3. Bayne

Bayne New Member

Hello. Thanks for trying to help.

I tried that and it didn't work. It just doesn't register anything when I steer left or right.

Iracing, F1 2017, 2019, 20920, project cars 1 and 2, dirt ralley (4 of them) Assetto Corsica, all fine.

There is nothing wrong with my drivers or wheel. I just don't get this.

I've never had a game not calibrate....it's a serious blow. I want to play this game so bad lol.

O well, thanks again for trying to help.

I9-9900k, 64mg 5000mzh, MSI GeForce RTX 2080ti gamer x trio, triple screen Clubsportv2.5 base, F1 esports wheel v3 pedals

4. Bayne

Bayne New Member

I'm going to try reinstalling the game before I go for the refund. Who knows maybe something happened at install.

5. Viking_Magnus

Viking_Magnus Member AMS2 Club Member

Very strange, hopefully you can figure it out :(

One extra thing is to make sure the AMS2 folder within Documents is deleted, as I am unsure if it would be wiped out with a reinstall. Deleting this documents folder was a common step in fixing issues in the past.

6. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Hi . Did you resolve this issue ?
    I'm also having problems with a CSL elite and am trying to figure if it's the wheel or game that is at fault .