1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS Career Tool (in Excel) Released

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by rsr427, Nov 12, 2020.

1. rsr427

rsr427 Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS 2 Career Mode

This is an Excel-based workbook that you keep open while you race AMS2. Inspired by NeoFly for MS Flight Simulator, it works by suggesting a list of cars and tracks as "job offers". You select the race you want to run, set up the race to the parameters suggested, then enter your result in the Tool when finished. Based on the series and the finishing position, you will be awarded XP. As you accrue XP, you unlock new cars and tracks from which the next set of jobs will be generated.

Yes, a spreadsheet-based tool is pretty lame, but its the best I could do given my skillset. Ideally it could get converted into an HTML5 app that can run on a phone. Even better if it could work like NeoFly and set up the races for you and extract the results for you. Hopefully Reiza is working on something like that...

I have run through some careers just by clicking away because I don't have the amount of time needed to do enough races. I am releasing it in its current state so that the community can test and provide feedback. Nothing is locked in the spreadsheet so you can rip it apart if you want and try things yourself.

(I have a version for Project Cars 2 which is already better. And a PC2 Vintage Career, which is where I will be spending my time racing.)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Really cool. Any tool that will legitimize an offline career gets my thumbs up. Thanks.

3. Raven_ARG

Raven_ARG Member

Thank you! Will give it a try later. I really like these singleplayer addons which sums up a good replay value to the game.

4. Raven80

Raven80 Active Member

Now that is a brilliant tool! thanks for sharing
    I also play PC2, if you can share also that version of your career mode I'll be glad
    many thanks
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. rsr427

Replay value is the goal! I tried to avoid too much of a grind, so you will (hopefully) progress quickly and miss the chance to drive every car. So I guess you can start again and make different choices. You can do this in the PC2 career, but the longer series make it even more tedious. In this respect I like that each event is a one-off weekend.

In the PC2 version I'm working on, it tracks which disciplines you have leaned towards, and at the end there is a hall of fame that stores your previous careers for comparison.

My ultimate goal is to create narratives where your offers have more of personality behind them and you develop more of a character. There not enough time to do my job, work on that project, and actually get to race...

Keep an eye on RaceDepartment for the PC2 versions. Those are actually easier because they're mature and they won't be adding more cars and tracks that need to be built in.

• Like Like x 3
  6. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks! I bookmarked that site ffr.

7. Ema76

Ema76 New Member

Hi I tried to open it with excel but it doesn't to work for me . :(
    What program do I need ?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  8. rsr427

I have Excel 365 on my work computer, but I have it working on my home PC's Excel 2013. There's not much to it. If it opens, what message do you get if you click on "Reset / Restart Career"?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ema76

Ema76 New Member

The file opens , but does not give the possibility to start the career , it seemes damaged ...
    When I put the race result . I set the parameters you suggest but it doesen't work . Pity because I like your job very much.

10. Ema76

Ema76 New Member

OK it works ! All good :) many thanks.

11. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great fun for such a simple tool. Keep up the good work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Wakey

Wakey New Member

Love it
    Many thanks :)

13. Raven_ARG

Raven_ARG Member

I played on Curtiba Oval with Copa Classics and I had to turn up the difficulty 10 points more to make it competitive. Otherwise, was too easy.
    You can check it on your own, I think it's track related
    Best regards