1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would like an indicator that shows me whether the light is on or off. Unfortunately, almost no vehicles have a visual indicator that the lights are on. I wasn't able to do that with Simhub either.

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

You can program a button that flips on/off upon pressing a keybind but indeed it won't check for the lights status. Still better than nothing.

3. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

I agree, but I would take that even further. Second monitor has some really nice indicators, just like you described, for things like the pit limiter, but also for damage. This would be very useful to also have in the main game.

4. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With Simhub I was able to easily implement the indicator for PitLimiter in the dashboard, but unfortunately it does not work in AMS2 but in iRacing. ABS indicator only shows when it is working, a flickering light when braking but not a general on / off indicator. I couldn't do TC on / off with Simhub either

5. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Probably because they aren't the same name/identifier in the telemetry info.

6. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It works in some dashes maybe under property "GameData.PitLimiterOn"
    I'll see it tomorrow, now I'm asleep

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  7. V Power

V Power New Member

Based on Game Build: 1.0.6.2

Request Title:
    Ability to save a custom Lobby Setup for Multiplayer

Description:
    To be able to create and save multiple types of multiplayer lobby setups for different types of racing series with different rule types instead of having to change the options all the time.

Benefits:
    Within Multiplayer you would click Create, click Load, Select from a list of pre-made custom lobbies you have made, and then click Start!

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. V Power

V Power New Member

Request Title:
    Ability to change gear ratios to three decimal places

Description:
    To allow the customization of the gearbox to a thousandth of a degree.

Benefits:
    Would create more of a simulation and less of an arcade type of game in the Car Setup menu. I am not saying this is an arcade game. All I am saying is that this seems the most restrictive within the Car Setup menu. This can be done in games like Gran Turismo. Also, the results of races would be much more spread out in regards to time based on driver ability and car set-up.

9. V Power

V Power New Member

Request Title:
    Ability to have a custom livery based on a color palette and number selector

Description:
    Over 18.7 million colors within the RGB color spectrum. If there was a color wheel and the ability to change the numbers on the cars that would be cool. I am not asking for the ability to include or create custom skins. I am simply asking for the ability to change colors and numbers.

Benefits:
    Individuality

10. newtonpg

Never thought about and agree it could be cool.

11. newtonpg

Google "simhub ginetta gt4" by simracing74.
    Install led version then edit to see how implement pit limiter property on your hud.

Anyway, AMS2 game hud is all you need :cool: to display that info.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

A radar overlay like in the acc.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Karlo Spicyweiner

Karlo Spicyweiner New Member

Not sure where to post this. It seems like the F3 car is always fastest on every track with high downforce. I wonder if that's the character of the real car or maybe drag/DF physics are off with this car. It would be awesome to gain more straightline speed with a lower DF setup, all the time trial records are done with high downforce.

Maybe it's just the reality of the car, but if it isn't, it would be awesome if you tweaked the drag physics of this car. You don't really gain much speed with low DF (or maybe you gain too little downforce with high DF?).

I noticed that a low/medium DF compromise does seem to work in other open wheelers on certain tracks.

14. Xblurone

Xblurone Member AMS2 Club Member

Please more optimizations for VR

I’m running on a overclocked rtx2080ti and still it’s not sharp enough. It’s much better as before but the sharpening parameters usage are vague to say the least.

also the shadows are being drawn right at the place where a driver would be looking towards the next corner. Can that be fixed ? More sharp ness focus on the dashboard as well as about 50-100m ahead of the car.

I race only in VR on oculus quest 2 with link

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Visible Vehicles:

Posted this elsewhere long ago but no doubt lost in a thread somewhere, anyway the Ability to Limit the Number of On Screen Visible Vehicles would help drastically with FPS. Works in every Single other Sim with this Option so can't see what it wouldn't work for AMS2, the FPS hit can be huge with a large Field of Cars so this setting would be much appreciated :) Thanks

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Mike Evans

Mike Evans Member

Ability to remove driver avatar body in VR. The option at the moment is remove wheel and driver. I’d like the option to remove the driver body. Leave the arms and wheel.

In a motion rig in VR when going up a hill the avatars body can appear in front of the camera. Motion compensation doesn’t work for inside our tracking headsets very well so this isn’t an option.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Flatspot indicators ala Assetto Corsa with the car schematics popping out if you have been too hard on the braking, with yellow, orangeish and red color visuals

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. CarlHackman

CarlHackman New Member

Low on list of things to do, but this is something I'd like to see soon. By the way I'm having great fun with this title :)

19. Violet

Violet New Member

Hi, I don't know if I'm in the right section but I have a backup bug, I can't save my settings :(
    he said to me "save impossible do you want to try saving again"

" pbams2.PNG

20. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Request: v10G3 based on 2004/2005 f1 cars with these sounds included

• Funny Funny x 1