1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 December 2020 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

New Year's Eve is just beginning here in one minute. Are you not aware that the time is not the same everywhere in the world? How is that possible if you are old enough to own AMS 2 and type a message here?

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Giacomo Verlini

Giacomo Verlini OTCR Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Happy new year Reiza team. Well done, worth the patient wait.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LibranRabbit

LibranRabbit Member

Fantastic GT1’s and Spa, really love the Merc. Not being a party pooper, but when might we see the Group C's??? And....LeMans???

4. roemer7000

roemer7000 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Tried GT1 Championship (105/90). Finished Qualy at 16th. Rolling Start...green lights...ALL drivers disqualified! That was my story to drive Championship...

5. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

Really loving that F1 classic (2nd from top), added 1 point to coast and power ramp, made preload 70 [so up 2 ticks]. Goes around rio track jacarepagua (no longer in existence) 88 version very well though this is not fine tuned just worthwhile after 4 months of consideration. Slips a bit but grips and does not lose control; goes where you point it. Have been running Spa a little but going over all cars still, and some are better for some tracks. I dont usually go for Spa, but to be honest this rendition of the track is very lovely. Even the v12 was a new breed unlike its unwieldly self from april for example.

>> text crux/point, context either side. I wonder if some of these changes were in response to the bouncing. Things could be too settled - but on that point... - maybe its for the best? If a design decision then well done. I would rather make it more lively if I wanted that style of setup and who knows maybe monday versus friday that could change from sedate/driving miss daisy to teledaga nights. ha

edit: yes, with games engines and setting the scale of the art, etc, I think Pcars and Ams2 have set a new bar. Its that simple - things are large and chunky and the scope/scale is REALLY good imho. great!

I like these setup styles in the Pcars engine to begin with and AMS2 values. Is it any wonder ACC just gives aggressive and safe these days (moving forward from AC1 to be more streamlined)? I do like playing round with options and yes one can go in and fine tune dependent on course but this is more on point (or similar in effect) as to that.

The new physics and tires are going really well, surely. Tweaking things has become a lot easier. And you can take the car off the lot usually and just go for it now which is good though not always optimal, which is how it probably should be with options/values/environment in sims like this so extensive.

The screenspace of this sim is top notch. Some of the scenes created for these tracks - where I find ACC simply bland and a little off, and I played with their effects etc, I think the contrast of AMS2 (I race at 7am in the morning and all weather, and midday, and afternoon at times) to be very well done.

AMS1 and old engine's (that gen/ISI) may well have been limited and surpassed easily by AMS2 standards now, so I think that line has been crossed and the team deserves a pat on the back. Even this engine now (I know its not fully on-point/dialed in) is showing that its more extensive in a gaming term, than the other sims. It may not be the most out and out technical thing, guys, where some people demand that (you know or like football manager they pretend the soccer is too 'not real' when its enough) but it is definitely all-told the best on balance overall.

edit again: where I say less bouncy a fair deal, of course at Bathurst that front straight has the small hill and cars satisfyingly 'fly' over it, so to my mind I see the capability; I do play for fun, where I expect a lot of people demand a technical masterpiece. I'm seeing plenty of examples.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Bruce Berg

Bruce Berg New Member

This kind of rant, with the choice of words like stealing, reminds me of people who bitch about paying $110 for windows without considering the millions of person hours that lead to the current product. I never understood such a lack of appreciation for the people who work hard to bring you a terrific product, instead you only play the victim.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. Bruce Berg

Bruce Berg New Member

You’d be bitching if they sold it for half price. That is your nature and expectation in life.

8. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I've had customers that would complain about price if I did a thousand dollar job and charged them a only one dollar. Some are simply never satisfied or their need to haggle is so hard-wired into their brain, they can't help themselves. Fortunately, such customers quickly become former customers. (Okay, byyyye.) :p:D

9. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

Repair.jpg

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Shovas

Shovas Member

These kinds of assumptions are not helpful.

11. Shovas

Shovas Member

My latest feelings on this, with a somewhat changed mind.

12. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Oke, ik think its oke to ask now ...

Lancia LC2

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. mbusa

mbusa Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 4